GDT: Sabres at Flyers-04-01 7:00PM MSG+/NBCS/ESPN+/WGR

PromoTheRobot

15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I suspect Comrie tonight and Levi or Anderson in Florida Tuesday.

Guessing one of our EHL level goalies tonight (prob UPL) nd definitely Levi Tuesday.  Too bad as (a) Levi is used to btb's and (b) if we win tonight and PIT loses to BOS, things get a whole lot more interesting.  I'm worried about both outcomes cuz we have sucked vs PHI this year and Boston may have a letdown tonight after clinching the Presidents trophy.  Granted, if the playoffs started today, BOS would play PIT so maybe that will motivate them?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

Guessing one of our EHL level goalies tonight (prob UPL) nd definitely Levi Tuesday.  Too bad as (a) Levi is used to btb's and (b) if we win tonight and PIT loses to BOS, things get a whole lot more interesting.  I'm worried about both outcomes cuz we have sucked vs PHI this year and Boston may have a letdown tonight after clinching the Presidents trophy.  Granted, if the playoffs started today, BOS would play PIT so maybe that will motivate them?

Philly has destroyed us this year. The games haven't even been competitive. We have played better against the Bruins.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So was it confirmed that Stillman was a healthy scratch last night?

If so, I'd guess Bryson stays in since they won and played pretty good team D, but I wouldn't be shocked if DG rotated in Stillman.

Factor in the style of play and the way the Sabres played the Flyers last time--when Granato failed to adjust his lineup to the opponent.  Stillman is the better choice here.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So was it confirmed that Stillman was a healthy scratch last night?

If so, I'd guess Bryson stays in since they won and played pretty good team D, but I wouldn't be shocked if DG rotated in Stillman.

Bryson made a few egregious d-zone turnovers last night.  I don’t get what they see.  Sure, he plays the fast pace offensive style, but we need to be better in the d-zone and he is a liability.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, steveoath said:

I wouldn't start Levi tonight. Great game last night, but I'd want him away from the phlyers goons. Lemieux would 100% try to run him. Or take his knee out or some rat move. 

Another reason to dress Stillman over Bryson. He may not win the fight but he will engage a punk like Lemieux.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Just now, French Collection said:

Another reason to dress Stillman over Bryson. He may not win the fight but he will engage a punk like Lemieux.

Krebs will for sure. I’m quite certain he’d get his ass whooped, but God love him, he’s always willing, and smiling when he does.

Cozens might be the right guy for the job. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Stillman will make a fine 7th or 8th next year; i don't need to see Bryson every again.

Dahlin/Sammy

Power/trade

Joker/Boosh

Stillman/anybody not named Bryson

Johnson in Rochester

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Philly has destroyed us this year. The games haven't even been competitive. We have played better against the Bruins.

Yep, but if you watch the game recaps, our goalie (Anderson) in those 2 games was very bad - he gave us no chance whatsoever:

March 17 game - we outshot them 38-22 but Anderson allowed 5 goals on 22 shots for a sterling sav% of .773, possibly his worst game of the year

Jan 9 game - Anderson gives up 3 goals in the 1st and we mail it in from there.  we're outshot 31-26 but again not Anderson's best moment

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Comrie has earned the start tonight.

Yes.  Also, he has not played the Flyers this year, so he needs to put on the big boy pants after Levi's debut and get the win.

Give Levi the Florida game on the road against his drafting team.

See where the Sabres stand after that.  Sabres will have 6 games left and the Penguins 4 games left.  Evaluate then what to do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BUFtoNCfan said:

Krebs will for sure. I’m quite certain he’d get his ass whooped, but God love him, he’s always willing, and smiling when he does.

Cozens might be the right guy for the job. 

Cozens and Krebs will drop the mitts, I don’t want them getting hurt. Cozens missing 2 months with a broken hand next year could be costly.

I don't know that I'd play Levi for this one. He had a huge day yesterday, all of his family with him, a very emotional day that likely kept him up late into the night. It was his first game, let him rest up for a heavy load the rest of the way.

43 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Guessing it will be Comrie 

Levi had an emotional evening last night - first game , first win, all his family and friends there , team had to travel.   
let him rest up and put him in the next game 

Yes, we're on the same page on this, lol

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

You think Comrie has been consistent?

The G that gave up 10 goals in one start, then 0 in the next one?

Bottom line, I trust Comrie more than Luukkonen or Anderson at this point. No professional coach I ever heard of, besides Mario Tremblay in his rookie year, would leave a goalie in for ten goals so I don't think that outing was on Comrie. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

I don't know that I'd play Levi for this one. He had a huge day yesterday, all of his family with him, a very emotional day that likely kept him up late into the night. It was his first game, let him rest up for a heavy load the rest of the way.

Yes, we're on the same page on this, lol

You guys aren't wrong when applying logic to most people.

I don't know that this applies to Levi. He's not your conventional 21-year-old. He's fit and well-rested. He wants to play. He lives to stop pucks.

Common sense says start Comrie. I'd start Levi. Tonight and against Florida.And maybe beyond for as long as we're in the race.

Because I want to make the playoffs.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.