Levi to start vs. NYR on Friday

PASabreFan

• PASabreFan changed the title to Weekes: Levi to start vs. NYR on Friday

52 years and 17 days ago, a giant of a goalie(especially by 1971 standards) started his career winning out during the regular season and leading his team to a Cup becoming the only player to win the Conn Smythe before winning the Calder Trophy the following year.

Friday, a diminutive goalie(by 2023 standards) begins his NHL journey. Can history repeat itself? One can only dream….

• Awesome! (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

What if he gives up 7 on Friday ?

Let’s remember people that Miller gave up like 7 to Detroit in his debut and Askarov got lit up like a Christmas tree for Nashville in his debut. I hope Levi has a great game but if it doesn’t go smoothly no one needs to jump off a building or write an angry novel on here about it.😀

• Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, inkman said:

Can you provide a Date for the lazy people?

It's tomorrow...Friday...the last day of this month...it's still March...there are 31 days in March...so 3/31/23.

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM...the big hand will be on twelve and the little hand will  be on seven...if you have a digital clock it will be 7:00...if you prefer military time it's at 1900 hours.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Let’s remember people that Miller gave up like 7 to Detroit in his debut and Askarov got lit up like a Christmas tree for Nashville in his debut. I hope Levi has a great game but if it doesn’t go smoothly no one needs to jump off a building or write an angry novel on here about it.😀

Us? Overreact? 

Actually if you really want to lose your mind, I just found out the game is on NHLN. (Probably how Weekes found out ) So if you rely on ESPN+ to watch the Sabres and you are subscribed to, say, YouTube TV that doesn't get NHLN, you are S.O.L!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Well if this rumor holds true… Good for him to get a game in.

if he gives up a ton of goals… That’s no reflection on him or his future ability. 

It's nice he gets that benefit of the doubt. After all, hrs been "the one" since KA traded for him. Any other jamoke goalie gets one game.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's nice he gets that benefit of the doubt. After all, hrs been "the one" since KA traded for him. Any other jamoke goalie gets one game.

Me personally I’ve actually done that with every goalie No matter who it is. Actually every player not just goalies. Hell, I haven’t even come down on a definitive decision about Greenway yet 😂

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If Levi does reasonably well I wonder if start #2 comes Tuesday against the Panthers? A game I'll just happen to be at.

Why not, revenge game for Levi, maybe scores an empty netter.

Sorry, that stuff only happens vs the Sabres. Well, Tuch and Krebs had a good one vs Vegas.

42 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

It's tomorrow...Friday...the last day of this month...it's still March...there are 31 days in March...so 3/31/23.

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM...the big hand will be on twelve and the little hand will  be on seven...if you have a digital clock it will be 7:00...if you prefer military time it's at 1900 hours.

7:07

14 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Well if this rumor holds true… Good for him to get a game in.

if he gives up a ton of goals… That’s no reflection on him or his future ability. 

Good for him. Good for the future.

Good for the playoff push?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.