GDT: Montreal at Sabres 3-27-2023 7PM MSG

spndnchz

Apparently difficult for professional sports to keep politics off the ice, or the diamond, or the field… when sports fans are a microcosm of society… and professional sports depend on fans

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm good either way.   Not sure why the NHL and various teams are in the "identity politics" business anyway?  It's a given that every law abiding citizen on the planet is welcome in NHL arenas to root for whoever they want to root for.   

Stick to the causes (i.e. cancer pink night, etc..).  Why put these NHL players in a position to look like bad guys.

Ivan Provorov sold a lot of jerseys when he sat out in protest. Maybe this is a secret ploy to sell Boosh merchandise.

On a serious note, I prefer sports free of ideological divisiveness, except for the Olympics when nationalism is an intrinsic part of the competition. But that is not a realistic option. The political is swallowing the private whole for the most part and even arguing for the private at all is suspect in some quarters.

23 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:
33 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's a given that every law abiding citizen on the planet is welcome in NHL arenas to root for whoever they want to root for.   

Most underrated comment of this whole discussion.

Are you sure?  I have it up pretty high in my fancy stats for comments.  It's got a .979 score.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

wouldn’t wanna get too caught up in wanting to make the playoffs! Haha 

I tool that to be code for gripping the stick a little too hard because he was overly focused on the stakes, as opposed to just playing his game and letting the chips fall as they may. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, TheAud said:

I tool that to be code for gripping the stick a little too hard because he was overly focused on the stakes, as opposed to just playing his game and letting the chips fall as they may. 

Ya I mean if you read the quote in context it’s certainly fine. Still/just thought it was funny. 

2 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Most underrated comment of this whole discussion.

Except it's not true. Don't let that stop you though.

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

Dog Gif GIF

has he even practiced with the Sabres yet?

Have they figured out the insanely complex world of pants? My kingdom for a haberdasher.

Was in the “play Levi” camp for the sheer majesty of the moment… in front of family and friends in a hometown NHL debut… Not happening for reasons understood by most here… If he is the back up tonight, at least he will be visible on the bench at the ready… Probably UPL though… If Levi was unfit to start, he is unfit to backup… Soon

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.