GDT: Montreal at Sabres 3-27-2023 7PM MSG

spndnchz

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’m hardly bothered by it.  As I said I, I think it would be an interesting study to figure out what goes on in the minds of such a person 

What are they like in real life ? Are they miserable? Or do the Sabres bring out their negative nature ?

Do you want the real answer? 

It’s not reflective of a deep personality trait difference, think we’re going down the wrong route, there. In our heart of hearts all want the same thing, I think. But the pull towards hubris is often a strong one. Deal with it frequently - I think the desire to be “right” can sometimes overrule not only an objective analysis but directly influence a rooting interest - on a surface level. I think this happens to people taking either side. Happens to me - I find it helpful to remember you learn a lot more by choosing to evaluate and shift your stance. Not only that, but if someone has a contrarian view and instead of points being made, a shot is taken at their fandom, or question their motives in showing up, active resentment will be built up. 

If it can be at all avoided, people should be adheRing to the time and tested, true Sabrespace slogan which is : Attack the post, not the poster 

too many times there are unsolicited comments to the tune of “well, I wonder what those posters are thinking NOW! Haha!l that seek to do nothing but stir up divisiveness imo

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So did that Hab keep the puck in motion toward the Sabre goal?

From what I saw, yes.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So did that Hab keep the puck in motion toward the Sabre goal?

From what I saw, yes.

That was a great game.

Should have put Rousek in the shootout.

Shootouts suck.

Refs suck.

Krebs hit the pipe in OT after an absolute BULLSH!T crosschecking call. GDammit!!!!!

Shootouts suck.

9 games left and not eliminated yet. I know we're not going to make it, but it's the best we've had to watch in a long time.

That crosschecking penalty ruined a really good loss.

FU NHL.

• Like (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

9 games left and not eliminated yet. I know we're not going to make it, but it's the best we've had to watch in a long time.

Thanks for some valuable perspective. I struggle with that with this team at times. 

• Agree 1

The only thing worse than the putrid national anthems (who chose those losers who can't sing, can't harmonize? I'd rather hava a dead Roger Doucet) were the fools in the crowd that were cheering the losers after they were done. They should have been booed! Who chose them and what was the criteria? Sometimes the Sabres are such a gd minor league organization. A complete embarrassment to the team and city.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Quint said:

The only thing worse than the putrid national anthems (who chose those losers who can't sing, can't harmonize? I'd rather hava a dead Roger Doucet) were the fools in the crowd that were cheering the losers after they were done. They should have been booed! Who chose them and what was the criteria? Sometimes the Sabres are such a gd minor league organization. A complete embarrassment to the team and city.

I will admit that I’m kinda baffled by this. On what would seem to be an easy day to find a group that could sing the anthems, they somehow found the one group that couldn’t.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CTJoe said:

RAe standards for goalies are still too low.  Goals 1 and 2 by Comrie were garbage and when he has a chance to close out the game, he basically scores on himself.

BTW, do the sabres even practice penalty shots, we score on one which is a total mistake and the other 5 weren't even close - pretty pathetic.

Oh and f*ck the refs - that call in OT was ridiculously bad - they ignore real penalties and make up a call on Krebs

Just terrible penalty shots. Zero puck skills displayed and bad shots. 

I love Dylan Cozens. Hustles hard. Scrappy. But aside from needing to continue to add muscle to his 6’3 frame (he should ultimately be playing at 205-210 of good weight), he has to work on the accuracy of his shot. He needs to become more of a sniper. That was a terrible penalty shot and far too many of his shots go right at the goalie. He and his line also give up too many turnovers. 

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

It’s not reflective of a deep personality trait difference, think we’re going down the wrong route, there. In our heart of hearts all want the same thing, I think. But the pull towards hubris is often a strong one. Deal with it frequently - I think the desire to be “right” can sometimes overrule not only an objective analysis but directly influence a rooting interest - on a surface level. I think this happens to people taking either side. Happens to me - I find it helpful to remember you learn a lot more by choosing to evaluate and shift your stance. Not only that, but if someone has a contrarian view and instead of points being made, a shot is taken at their fandom, or question their motives in showing up, active resentment will be built up. 

If it can be at all avoided, people should be adheRing to the time and tested, true Sabrespace slogan which is : Attack the post, not the poster 

too many times there are unsolicited comments to the tune of “well, I wonder what those posters are thinking NOW! Haha!l that seek to do nothing but stir up divisiveness imo

I know some people who play both sides, because if their team wins, well great, that's what they wanted all along. But if they play bad/lose, then they can say "well, I told you so", so they get a satisfaction of being "right". It's like hedging a bet.

It's also that pessimism sounds like someone's trying to help you to understand something you're ignorant of, whereas optimism comes across like Pollyanna.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, SDS said:

Jeff Skinner has had one shoot out attempt with Buffalo and one with Carolina in seven years. He missed both. Prior to 2016 he was 6 for 34. he is awful at them. No coach put him out there because he is awful at them. Why would any fan want a guy who missed two shootouts in seven years put him on the ice? 

i’m gonna go ahead and say the monkey would’ve known not to put Jeff Skinner in the shootout, but I’m a Darwin guy. 

I was aware of his past.  I pick him Because he has been playing well and I feel he is due.  Data from 2016 is old.  Given him a shot.  Playing a hunch.  Mitts and JJP did not even challenge the goalie. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Pretty even game between pretty even teams. Their rebuild strategy is different and so is their team make up, but overall pretty even. It will be really annoying if they make the playoffs before we do as their rebuild hasn't been for as long.

Rousek didn't look out of place. Quinn's getting stronger on the wall, more like Cozens. This bodes well for next year. 

idk, it looked like Montreal wasn't really interested in winning the shoot out sending out D men and such but whatever, shoot outs are stupid. Neither team will make the playoffs. Comrie better than UPL.  

I don’t see Montreal as being near as talented as Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

We lost that game because of Don Granato's loyalty to Mittelstadt and Olofsson. Putting them out in a shootout before Jack Quinn literally cost us a point. Worst coaching decision I have seen him make all year and it reminds me of Leinonen pick, something so egregiously and obviously bad that it makes me question everything that went into it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I enjoy the high-scoring version of the Buffalo Sabres. And I wonder if - maybe doubt that - such a model is sustainable.

Relatedly, I'm ready to see a Sabres team that doesn't look like they're about to have emergency diarrhea when they're defending in their own zone. Sure, I see intensity and urgency. But they frequently end up in a mess.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

Let's all try another approach. When you think this---say that. When you want this---instead choose that. 🤡

• Haha (+1) 1

A subdued Granato gives his postgame comments. This is a 6 min segment. He mentioned Rousek's and Mitt's play in the interview Our coach is a mature and composed coach/person. There are some volatile coaches who wouldn't be able to control their emotions at the podium after a tough loss. He's not one of them. 

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/don-granato-postgame-32723/t-277822760/c-16235120

• Vomit 1

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Damn did he ? was at work didn't follow it so good.

I think so. Now, I don't by any means agree that the move should be illegal. But the rule does state the puck must be kept in motion toward the goal. I believe that has to do with the spinorama move.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.