GDT: Montreal at Sabres 3-27-2023 7PM MSG

spndnchz

29 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The grossest part of it all is that if the Sabres had merely gone 6-6-2 instead of 4-8-2 in the last stretch, they'd be 2 and 3 points back of the WC spots with 1 game and 2 games in hand. They were on the cusp and no one broke away from them. They did it to themselves.

@Sabres Fan in NS

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

With 10 games remaining, the Buffalo Sabres remain in the hunt for a Wild Card position. 

They are currently six points behind the Pittsburgh Penguins with a game in hand for the second Wild Card berth and seven points back of the New York Islanders for the top Wild Card seed with two games in hand. 

Tonight, the Sabres host the Montreal Canadiens for the team's annual Pride Night.

The Sabres have recalled forward Lukas Rousek from the Rochester Americans, the team announced Monday morning. Rousek made the trip with the team to Long Island on an emergency basis Saturday, but did not play. He then picked up an assist in the Amerks' 5-2 win yesterday. 

Faceoff against the Habs is at 7 p.m. on MSG and WGR 550 with pregame coverage on MSG starting at 6:30.

Out of 10 Games left, what realistically needs to be done? Does 8-2 get it done? I see 5 games that they SHOULD win, 3 games that they will most likely get stomped and then 2 up in the air

Montreal home

Rangers Home

@ Philly

@Florida

@ Detroit

Carolina Home

@ Rangers

@ NJ

Ottawa Home

@ Columbus

32 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The grossest part of it all is that if the Sabres had merely gone 6-6-2 instead of 4-8-2 in the last stretch, they'd be 2 and 3 points back of the WC spots with 1 game and 2 games in hand. They were on the cusp and no one broke away from them. They did it to themselves.

Losing home games to CBJ and Philly were killers.  The way they lost was totally unexpected.   No compete in either game.  

So here we are and you can only look forward.  

Luke Skywalker Meditation GIF by Star Wars

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Out of 10 Games left, what realistically needs to be done? Does 8-2 get it done? I see 5 games that they SHOULD win, 3 games that they will most likely get stomped and then 2 up in the air

Montreal home

Rangers Home

@ Philly

@Florida

@ Detroit

Carolina Home

@ Rangers

@ NJ

Ottawa Home

@ Columbus

The “should wins” have been a problem this season.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The “should wins” have been a problem this season.  

Yeah, I like that the board has been cautious of using any of those kind of terms for tonight’s game.

I’m not superstitious, but…

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Comrie in the starters net, Levi has joined UPL at the opposite goal 

Are you there?

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Montreal home

Rangers Home

@ Philly

@Florida

@ Detroit

Carolina Home

@ Rangers

@ NJ

Ottawa Home

@ Columbus

I'm wondering how well this ever checks out.

I think @Thorny has the right of it. The NHL just doesn't seem to work that way.

The "better team" is no more of a factor than "current streak" or "how long since you last played" or "what time did your flight come in" or "they were out late" or "who is hurt, or playing hurt" or "where was my wife last night?" or "coach sure is being a DB" or "what goalie is going to show up" or...you get my meaning.

Anecdotally, things like getting blown out by undermanned Nashville then knocking off playoff-bound New Jersey seem more rule than exception.

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If Tage is still hurting, this is the one to rest him.

I wonder if Anderson is done save a swan-song farewell in the last home game.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think @Thorny has the right of it. The NHL just doesn't seem to work that way.

The "better team" is no more of a factor than "current streak" or "how long since you last played" or "what time did your flight come in" or "they were out late" or "who is hurt, or playing hurt" or "where was my wife last night?" or "coach sure is being a DB" or "what goalie is going to show up" or...you get my meaning.

Anecdotally, things like getting blown out by undermanned Nashville then knocking off playoff-bound New Jersey seem more rule than exception.

Anderson is most certainly done. There is absolutely no reason to play him again unless they are mathematically out and he gets last home game for the farewell.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

I missed the last 2 but watching tonight….ugh. Please don’t make me regret it. Start Comrie right? We need to find out for next year…

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah I missed the last two as well.  Friday night I was at a soccer game (the HS where my wife teaches is in the playoffs and she didn't want to go alone) and they won!

Saturday my son was over helping me on the kitchen remodel so we worked on through the game.

I plan to watch tonight; we'll see.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I checked out for the last 2 games. Then I looked at the wild card standings on Sunday.

ah-shit.gif.e4b277de71e5c2d933342cf57015d48d.gif

All of you GTHO before you jinx it. We'll ping you when it's over.

😇 😁

• Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m glad you stated this.  So often you hear about teams you should and shouldn’t lose to with no context given at all.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.