ESPN: Tage Thomspson would be the tallest player ever to score 50 goals

Quint

This is a long, interesting and detailed article about the man who was built to be a hockey player. 
For exampe:

Brent imagines his son was around toddler age when he started taking a miniature stick with him at every turn. There was a night at dinner when Thompson took a butter knife and began stickhandling a Cheerio with the knife like it was a hockey stick at the dinner table.

https://www.espn.in/nhl/story/_/id/35904056/tage-thompson-do-never-done-nhl-history

3 minutes ago, Quint said:

Brent imagines his son was around toddler age when he started taking a miniature stick with him at every turn. There was a night at dinner when Thompson took a butter knife and began stickhandling a Cheerio with the knife like it was a hockey stick at the dinner table.

Yeah, I did that stuff too.  Not built to be a hockey player, though.

Edited by Eleven

I saw an interesting graphic today before the Bruins/TB game. The Bruins have only had 6 players score 50+ in a season in their franchise history  Pasta will be the 6th and the 1st in over 30 years and only the 3rd in 40 years. They are Espo (5), Middleton, Hodge, Bucyk, and Neely (3).  Pasta needs 1 more goal to get to 50.

If Thompson gets to 50, he’ll be the Sabres 5th player to reach 50 and our first in 30 years and only our 3rd in 40 years. He’ll join Gare (2), Martin (2), Patty and Mogilny.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I saw an interesting graphic today before the Bruins/TB game. The Bruins have only had 6 players score 50+ in a season in their franchise history  Pasta will be the 6th and the 1st in over 30 years and only the 3rd in 40 years. They are Espo (5), Middleton, Hodge, Bucyk, and Neely (3).  Pasta needs 1 more goal to get to 50.

If Thompson gets to 50, he’ll be the Sabres 5th player to reach 50 and our first in 30 years and only our 3rd in 40 years. He’ll join Gare (2), Martin (2), Patty and Mogilny.  

Mogilny scored 211 goals in 381 games as a Sabre, pretty good numbers. He could have had multiple 50 goal seasons if he played more than 60ish games per year.

13 hours ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, I did that stuff too.  Not built to be a hockey player, though.

During grammar school recess I would play goal during impromptu soccer games in the parking lot using those baby milk cartons stuffed with leaves. That's were I practiced my butterfly and kick saves. Ruined a lot of school pants like that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.