GDT : Sabres at Islanders 3-25-2023 5 PM - ESPN+/Hulu, WGR

PromoTheRobot

45 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

More idiotic NHL scheduling. I don't get why they can't schedule an 8 pm start on the second of a back to back.

I'm heading down to SNHU Arena here in lovely Manch-Vegas NH for the NCAA regional final: Boston U vs Cornell. Ill get home and watch the Sabres game on delay.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Could be his last game as a Sabre, or he plays well enough to earn some more games.

Ugh, I don’t want to start cheering against him.  

He’s a career 3.41 gaa and .894 save percentage.  We are done here.  This team has too much talent and too much on the line to piss away next season because of ***** goaltending again. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Of course he oversees things.  He's an owner.  That should be without question.

Whether he meddles in things, to use PA's word, is a different question, and I have seen no evidence at all to support that theory.  It's like it originated on 4chan or something.

I agree with the gist of what you said. There is another side to this issue that goes beyond money. Terry Pegula is a self-made billionaire. From what I have observed of him is that he is not an ostentatious or a self-promoting ego driven person a la Jerry Jones the owner of the Cowboys. What Terry P doesn't tolerate is players receiving millions of dollars from him and then publicly expressing their disgruntlement, as ROR and Jack did. In those cases his response was clear and simple: Move them out. On that issue and attitude I salute the owner. How many times has the GM said I want players who want to be here? The owner and GM are in sync. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

More idiotic NHL scheduling. I don't get why they can't schedule an 8 pm start on the second of a back to back.

The NHL likes to have hockey going all day Saturdays. This has been the thing for quite a while. I'm fine with it. My game is 2:00 in the afternoon. 

So we played a team that plays the kind of hockey we prefer and we won. Now we play a team that doesn't play the way we like. They are pretty much built for an opposite type of hockey. I suspect this one gives us a lot of trouble. Speed and the PP could save us, but I doubt it. I'd guess a low scoring grinding affair that they take over in the 3rd.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.