GDT : Devils at Sabres 3-24-2023 7 PM - MSG, WGR

spndnchz

Hockey game. 12 left then we get back to working our expectations into a frenzie over a long summer. As of course is tradition. 

Go team, score goals. My prediction: 

The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat
And he laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnny's feet
Johnny said, "Devil, just come on back if you ever wanna try again
I done told you once you son of a bitch, I'm the best that's ever been"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Hockey game. 12 left then we get back to working our expectations into a frenzie over a long summer. As of course is tradition. 

Go team, score goals. My prediction: 

The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat
And he laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnny's feet
Johnny said, "Devil, just come on back if you ever wanna try again
I done told you once you son of a bitch, I'm the best that's ever been"

The squad from NJ to UPL tonight:

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

more Levi

Break in those pads Kid. 

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

In UPL's last 5 home starts he has a 5.20 GAA, .787 SV% and is allowing just over 2 goals above expected PER GAME.

So yeah, let's give him the start because... yeah.

It’s easier to just raise the goals expected by 3, then he might have a good game.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Well, KA wanted to send him down to Roch months ago, but KO wanted him in Buffalo because he had some good road games and guys like him.. so here we are.

One of my fears that I put out there long ago. Players should not be calling the shots, even making player recommendations to the GM.  I understand that KO is held in high esteem by Adams but still, Adams was right to move UPL down, and he would have been back up anyway.   

I’m sure the guys love Bryson, Clague, VO and Mitts.   Maybe we can improve if we package a hockey trade? When the GM is faced with a move to improve the club he should do it.  Worrying about the room is one thing, but the guy with the C should outwardly welcome and help the new guy.   

43 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

One of my fears that I put out there long ago. Players should not be calling the shots, even making player recommendations to the GM.  I understand that KO is held in high esteem by Adams but still, Adams was right to move UPL down, and he would have been back up anyway.   

I’m sure the guys love Bryson, Clague, VO and Mitts.   Maybe we can improve if we package a hockey trade? When the GM is faced with a move to improve the club he should do it.  Worrying about the room is one thing, but the guy with the C should outwardly welcome and help the new guy.   

In general, this is true.  

But the reason the Sabres let Miro Satan walk after the lockout was Drury went to Ruff and Regier and told them he was a cancer and was holding the team back.  Addition by substraction.  How much would having had Miro on that team that came out of the lockout messed up the team chemistry.

37 minutes ago, Taro T said:

In general, this is true.  

But the reason the Sabres let Miro Satan walk after the lockout was Drury went to Ruff and Regier and told them he was a cancer and was holding the team back.  Addition by substraction.  How much would having had Miro on that team that came out of the lockout messed up the team chemistry.

Sure.   Always exceptions.  If Adams trusts in Kyle that much then so be it.  But most GMs know how quickly an owner can change his mind about things, so they want to live and die by their decisions.  

I get the impression thing's are calmer and smoother in Sabreland than they have been in a long time.  

3 hours ago, Contempt said:

So that would be option #1. Organizational incompetence.

This might not be on the Sabres.  A goalie coming into the league has to have his equipment approved in Toronto.  I know this because I've been in the room where they inspect it.  I remember EJ McGuire leading us around explaining that it takes about a week.  Granted, this was a while back--like 2011 or something maybe.  It was right before McGuire died, I remember that.

Edited by Eleven

Well, I will be spending the dinner and part of the evening with friends here in Florida.  

I will have the game on in the background.  The way we are playing, and the team we are playing …. Maybe they will surprise us and show up.  

Muscle Weight. Let’s run the table starting tonight. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.