GDT : Devils at Sabres 3-24-2023 7 PM - MSG, WGR

spndnchz

3 hours ago, Stads said:

I'm really going to contemplate the possibility that I might actually consider sitting down to momentarily ascertain whether or not this game has the chance to be worth my time

I’m laid up medically. Soooooo, yeah, I’m gonna watch. Just like the last three. I don’t even feel better for admitting it.

In UPL's last 5 home starts he has a 5.20 GAA, .787 SV% and is allowing just over 2 goals above expected PER GAME.

So yeah, let's give him the start because... yeah.

Edited by pi2000
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

In UPL's last 5 home starts he has a 5.12 GAA, .802 SV% and is allowing just over 2 goals above expected PER GAME.

Maybe Levi is the backup. And HCDG has recently learned how to pull a goaltender.

When it's 3-0 midway through the first... enter the Devon. The comeback and subsequent 12-0 run to 96 points (and the 8 seed) begins.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

In UPL's last 5 home starts he has a 5.12 GAA, .802 SV% and is allowing just over 2 goals above expected PER GAME.

Well, Anderson needs as much rest as possible. The Sabres are still mathematically in the hunt so starting Levi is out of the question. By process of elimination UPL gets the nod. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, FiXCzeR said:

It's only a guess on my part, but I would think that at 6'0" with a 40" waist, there aren't a bunch of pants available to fit those dimensions.

There are plenty of beer league guys with those dimensions and Sabres colors aren't THAT hard to find. It's just a shell for God's sake.

• Agree 1

I realize the shell seems like a small thing, but if they truly didn't have one for Levi that's ridiculous. They've known his dimensions for quite a long time and they knew they were signing him around this time. There's no excuse to not have shells for him and all of these small examples of organizational incompetence matter and I'm tired of excusing them.

If they gave him an Amerks shell because he's going to play a couple games with them before the end of the year, fine.

If it's some stupid equipment manager BS where you have to earn your NHL gear then that person needs to be fired for being a moron.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Contempt said:

So that would be option #1. Organizational incompetence.

Got it, anything that happens is awful and you want to complain. Just like about 85% of this board the last bit here. Woo is us, let's all get in a circle and cry together because Devon Levi had to wait an extra day to get his pants fitted properly and certified by the league. 

I'm trying to care that guy who has had 1 practice and won't even by on the bench tonight has Amerks pants on but I just can't bring myself to give a *****. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Got it, anything that happens is awful and you want to complain. Just like about 85% of this board the last bit here. Woo is us, let's all get in a circle and cry together because Devon Levi had to wait an extra day to get his pants fitted properly and certified by the league. 

If they can't get a pair of pants how can they do other more complex things? They could have ordered his damn pants last summer during dev camp and had the league cert them in advance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Going into this game, the Sabres are 5-12-1 at Home in 2023.

Giving up an average of 4.72 goals per game, with an .848 SV%, having allowed a total of 28 goals above expected (1.55 per game).

For the entire season at home, they have a total of 13 out of 37 (35%) games with a save percentage of .900 or greater.     

They are 7-5-1 in those games.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Contempt said:

You're right. They're well run and competent in all phases. I'll be quiet now.

No they aren't but man is the most useless hill to die. "THEY DIDN"T GIVE HIM SABRES COLORED PANTS!" I mean, not like he is starting tonight so whatever. 

• Like (+1) 2

You know what, I don't want to do this anymore. This play has become an unreadable nightmare of bitching about EVERYTHING. It is truly a depressing hellscape of myopic hate posting. Maybe we will finish 11th and get Bedard but then I will just see posts about how he isn't 6'8" and doesn't eat opposing hockey player mid game while murdering their lineage with his hockey sticks and single handedly winning games with his big swinning... puck. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.