GDT : Devils at Sabres 3-24-2023 7 PM - MSG, WGR

spndnchz

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you blaming him for the Tuch tip-in. He had no chance on the first goal either. 

But the goal called back on the offsides was terrible, as was #4. He's a mess right now. Did you notice how far he was coming out to make saves? He was overcompensating.

I mentioned that a couple of times during the game...how far he was coming out. Scares the doodie out of me. I get that he's aggressive by nature, but he doesn't have the speed/athleticism to compensate for being THAT aggressive. I was shocked NJ didn't pot a couple in those situations. Seemed like the D did a nice job of keeping UPL clean when he ventured really far out.

4 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

I mentioned that a couple of times during the game...how far he was coming out. Scares the doodie out of me. I get that he's aggressive by nature, but he doesn't have the speed/athleticism to compensate for being THAT aggressive. I was shocked NJ didn't pot a couple in those situations. Seemed like the D did a nice job of keeping UPL clean when he ventured really far out.

You come out more when you are feeling less confident, hoping to cover more net and make that first save. But if it gets behind you, watch out.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Longest they’ve ever gone in a season under Pegula before you’ve found the hook to hang your inevitable disappointment on?

As great a posting season as Thorny is having...

Who does the banners here? Can I get one?

SECOND LONGEST TIME TO BE DISAPPOINTED 2011-2023

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As great a posting season as Thorny is having...

Who does the banners here? Can I get one?

SECOND LONGEST TIME TO BE DISAPPOINTED 2011-2023

Contract year. 

the precipitous drop in quality next season will be a sight to behold 

7 hours ago, Thorny said:

Often not who you play but when you play ‘em.

- - - 

Win gets them back on an 85 point pace. A good little stretch here and high 80s are still very much in play, which should bode well for the gap we need to close re: making the playoffs next season 

Ya. They weren’t bad at all just so bad relative to expectations 

There is no "pace" at this point int the season. There only is what you are.

Watched the game late last night.   Solid win but letting them back within one goal was a reminder that this team has a ways to go.  Win a few more games while other falter will make the last two weeks of the season interesting.  For the first time in years the Sabres are playing meaningful games at the end of March.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.