GDT : Devils at Sabres 3-24-2023 7 PM - MSG, WGR

spndnchz

I gave tickets for this game as a birthday gift to two of my adult children, purchased after the win vs. Washington. 

I have apologized to both of them this week and asked them to set expectations appropriately. I told them I would watch at least some of it as penance for the sin of doing this to my kids. 

• Haha (+1) 2

They're going to start him on the Island, aren't they?

If he isn't getting tonight's start, he should get the Moe-ray-all game as his 1st NHL game.  (That way more Sabres fans can say they were there the night it all started.)

Hopefully they win tonight.  Not holding my breath.  But, they have to win again SOMETIME.  Why not tonight?

• Agree 3

Dear Sabres, can you please put some effort into tonight’s game?

I would like to watch but I can’t stand it when you look like a defeated bunch of kids.

I do not expect you to make the playoffs after s******g the bed this month, so the pressure is off. Just go have fun and collect your participation medal.

P.S. Coach Meatballs, if UPL sucks again, can you pull him before the game is out of reach? Oh yeah, Comrie is backing up so forget it.

Just entertain me and I’ll be happy.

Hopes for tonight:

Win

Dahlin points

TNT goals

Quinn and Peterka points 

.900 SV%

• Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Dear Sabres, can you please put some effort into tonight’s game?

I would like to watch but I can’t stand it when you look like a defeated bunch of kids.

I do not expect you to make the playoffs after s******g the bed this month, so the pressure is off. Just go have fun and collect your participation medal.

P.S. Coach Meatballs, if UPL sucks again, can you pull him before the game is out of reach? Oh yeah, Comrie is backing up so forget it.

Just entertain me and I’ll be happy.

Hopes for tonight:

Win

Dahlin points

TNT goals

Quinn and Peterka points 

.900 SV%

It looked reasonable until your last request. 😞

I personally think Lindy Ruff will have a field day showing his players how to exploit our defencive woes.  And considering that his Sabres chased something like 5 goaltenders from the NHL, I expect UPL to see wide-open forwards coming down the slot in his nightmares tonight.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Hopes for tonight:

Win

Dahlin points

TNT goals

Quinn and Peterka points 

.900 SV%

That's a tall order my friend. The middle 3 are doable. If UPL is over .900, I will be shocked beyond shocked. That sucks because it should not be hard to accomplish.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

They're going to start him on the Island, aren't they?

If he isn't getting tonight's start, he should get the Moe-ray-all game as his 1st NHL game.  (That way more Sabres fans can say they were there the night it all started.)

Hopefully they win tonight.  Not holding my breath.  But, they have to win again SOMETIME.  Why not tonight?

Of course they are going to win. They're wearing the #Goatheads

He Man Edition GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.