The Sabres have entered the Connor Bedard sweepstakes...

matter2003

I'd rather the Sabres win all of their remaining games and fall one point short of the playoffs than continue to circle the drain at a fast pace like they are doing now.  It would show heart, desire, an ability to get off the canvas, and set the right tone for the future.

That said, if Bedard is a Connor McDavid type, I'm in.  If he's Jack Eichel or even Alex LaFreniere, no thanks.  I don't follow hockey prospects that closely, so I honestly don't know.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I'd rather the Sabres win all of their remaining games and fall one point short of the playoffs than continue to circle the drain at a fast pace like they are doing now.  It woudl show heart, desire, an ability to get off the canvas, and set the right tone for the future.

That said, if Bedard is a Connor McDavid type, I'm in.  If he's Jack Eichel or even Alex LaFreniere, no thanks.  I don't follow hockey prospects that closely, so I honestly don't know.

Bedrard is easily the best prospect pre-draft since Dahlin, and arguably since Matthews or even McDavid. He currently has 70 goals and 72 assists in 55 WHL games. (An NHLe of 64 points) Matthews’ NHLe his draft year was 49 points, and Mcdavid’s was 68 points. 
Bedrard is a little smaller than those too, so he may not translate to the NHL quite as seamlessly, but at this point he definitely looks more McDavid/Matthews than Eichel/Lafreniere.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Bedrard is easily the best prospect pre-draft since Dahlin, and arguably since Matthews or even McDavid. He currently has 70 goals and 72 assists in 55 WHL games. (An NHLe of 64 points) Matthews’ NHLe his draft year was 49 points, and Mcdavid’s was 68 points. 
Bedrard is a little smaller than those too, so he may not translate to the NHL quite as seamlessly, but at this point he definitely looks more McDavid/Matthews than Eichel/Lafreniere.

Lafreniere has basically not improved at all over last year statistically and is looking a lot more like Girgensons than Eichel right now.

Low 30 points totals and 15-20 goals isn't going to cut it for what he was supposed to be. It's his 3rd season too so he has had plenty of time to show a lot more than what he has on a really good team.

Eichel's first 3 seasons were 56, 57 and 64 points with 24+ goals in all of them.

Lafraniere's first 3 are 21,31 and 32(so far), with his high in goals being 19 last year. The other years have been 12 and 14(so far).

Zemgus' first 3 were 22, 30 and 18. 

He is a long way from Eichel's level his first 3 years, he just simply isn't very good. Kind of embarassing for how highly he was touted.

Edited by matter2003
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.