• No one. Keep everyone.
    • Only the head coach
    • Only the assistant coaches
    • Entire coaching staff
    • All analytics staff
    • The General Manager
    • The GM, and the HC
    • The GM, the HC, and all the assistants
    • Every single “management” position. Clean house completely.
    • Other choice not listed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2023 at 09:00 PM

I think a lot of Sabres fans are going to fire themselves.  They'll walk away shaking their heads.  Do you recall, it was just a couple of weeks ago that the online NHL standings had the Sabres in a playoff position?  What happened?  Did they all get sleepy?  Is there something in the locker room food that's slowing them down and letting them make stupid mistakes?

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't know anyone here who thinks Power should get the Calder. Ramus Dahlin is the best defender the Sabres have and should be in the Norris conversation. He shouldn't be blamed for not being able to carry the husk of Clague and Bryson on his back while injured. 

Disagree. Go back a couple months and you 'll find it was all over this board. Matter of fact I reminded this board of our last Calder Dman that went bust somewhat similar to Powers, Tyler Meyers ring a bell. 

2 minutes ago, JKB1646 said:

Disagree. Go back a couple months and you 'll find it was all over this board. Matter of fact I reminded this board of our last Calder Dman that went bust somewhat similar to Powers, Tyler Meyers ring a bell. 

Then please find and post the “all over the board” phenomenon  from many posters all over the place. because I personally do not remember that about Power at all either. And I’m not the only one apparently. Thank you in advance for supplying that to everyone. Otherwise I’ll continue to choose to not believe that “Power should get the Calder” was a prevailing thought from many different posters.

31 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Then please find and post the “all over the board” phenomenon  from many posters all over the place. because I personally do not remember that about Power at all either. And I’m not the only one apparently. Thank you in advance for supplying that to everyone. Otherwise I’ll continue to choose to not believe that “Power should get the Calder” was a prevailing thought from many different posters.

Dont believe anybody expected him to win the Calder.  But there were a few (yours truly included) that believe(d) he could be a finalist.  The team play and his recently may have doomed that possibility.

1 hour ago, JKB1646 said:

Since when is having a 13 year NHL career a bust?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Ok let me back track. Powers and Calder shouldn’t have been in any threads. His defense is weak. He roams the ice like he is Bobby freaking Orr. I hope Donny Meatballs can develop his game for the future of the team.

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

Since when is having a 13 year NHL career a bust?

Ummm. He was a bust for us and that’s what matters. We got Zack Bogosian and Evander, I’m a crack head , Kane. He won the Calder and then next season camp he came in over weight and out of shape! Bust

59 minutes ago, JKB1646 said:

Ok let me back track. Powers and Calder shouldn’t have been in any threads. His defense is weak. He roams the ice like he is Bobby freaking Orr. I hope Donny Meatballs can develop his game for the future of the team.

Power, not Powers.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Ummm. He was a bust for us and that’s what matters. We got Zack Bogosian and Evander, I’m a crack head , Kane. He won the Calder and then next season camp he came in over weight and out of shape! Bust

No. He was what he was. You wanted him to be a savior. He was never going to be that. That's on you, not him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

No. He was what he was. You wanted him to be a savior. He was never going to be that. That's on you, not him.

Ummm sorry bro you got it wrong. Power should never be in the same sentence as Calder Candidate nor should Meyer have won it. That was my take.  Sabres Space bloggers were anointing Powder-Puff and like Meyer and  I believe it takes time to see what you truly have in a defensemen. Took Hedman man Five years before he settled into the stud he is today. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JKB1646 said:

Ummm sorry bro you got it wrong. Power should never be in the same sentence as Calder Candidate nor should Meyer have won it. That was my take.  Sabres Space bloggers were anointing Powder-Puff and like Meyer and  I believe it takes time to see what you truly have in a defensemen. Took Hedman man Five years before he settled into the stud he is today. 

Gotcha, bro.

Power is going to be good.

And I think it took Hedman longer than five years. It usually does for D. That's why I think it's funny that you called Myers a bust after 1.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

Power, not Powers

Myers, not Meyer.  

Think Dallas Mavericks GIF by Twitter

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Power, not Powers

Myers, not Meyer.  

Think Dallas Mavericks GIF by Twitter

My bad Meyer's. We should have changed his name to Meyer Time after his first season of throwing back enough brewskies to put on 25lbs

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

Gotcha, bro.

Power is going to be good.

And I think it took Hedman longer than five years. It usually does for D. That's why I think it's funny that you called Myers a bust after 1.

He was maybe it was by the second what he got the fat contract and the beer gut.

52 minutes ago, JKB1646 said:

My bad Meyer's. We should have changed his name to Meyer Time after his first season of throwing back enough brewskies to put on 25lbs

He was maybe it was by the second what he got the fat contract and the beer gut.

Either way, I find it hard to criticize any player’s development or production during the Sabres’ “that which will not be named” era. That even includes Eichel (to a point). Nobody was going to thrive in that environment.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Taro T said:

Dont believe anybody expected him to win the Calder.  But there were a few (yours truly included) that believe(d) he could be a finalist.  The team play and his recently may have doomed that possibility.

Power has a long way to go to reach his potential. Apparently a lot of his analytical numbers are good, but they don't tell the whole story.  He is getting over 23 minutes of ice time per game, so the coaching staff sees something in him, but I think a lot of that is more about developing him than it is just how aweseome he is game in and game out.  Don't get me wrong he's not bad, he is actually really really good 'for his age', but his level of play on a contending team to me is for a 2nd pair guy with 17-19 minutes per game, not the 23 he is averaging.   Again, part of that is he is good enough where he isn't killing the team and you want him exposed to all situations...and the other part of is is how bad your depth is behind him.

Overall I think he is playing average-to-above average, which actually is great for his age.  Playing him so much might be part of the plan to get him experience so it doesn't take him 5 years to get him to be 'elite', you are trying to move that timetable forward a bit.  He might have been put into the Calder conversation because of his draft status (1st overall) and his age (look how much ice time he is getting for how young he is), but his play, while decent AND will likely continue to improve, isn't Calder level.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

Either way, I find it hard to criticize any player’s development or production during the Sabres’ “that which will not be named” era. That even includes Eichel (to a point). Nobody was going to thrive in that environment.

There is thriving on Ice but just as important in the development of professional athletes is how you handle your self off ice. Eichel struggled there and Tyler M ***** the bed during his short stint in Buffalo.

18 hours ago, SwampD said:

Evergreen 

18 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

Agreed, he’s a wiener 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.