• No one. Keep everyone.
    • Only the head coach
    • Only the assistant coaches
    • Entire coaching staff
    • All analytics staff
    • The General Manager
    • The GM, and the HC
    • The GM, the HC, and all the assistants
    • Every single “management” position. Clean house completely.
    • Other choice not listed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2023 at 09:00 PM

If the season ended today, the defensive zone coverage and PK were far enough below reasonable expectations that I would want some changes in the assistant coaching staff. I get that we weren't going to win a cup this year, but that doesn't mean that elements of your team have free license to be abject failures. 

If we give up touchdowns at home the rest of the way I might ask for more. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think it's time for Sabrespace to be relieved of its duties.

If there has been one constant in this decade of poor results it has been Sabrespace.

Accountability is in order. It's time.

I'm willing to suck just as hard as them for a quarter of the cost. Let's go Terry. Bargains. Think about how many throw pillows that will put in your yacht.

While the topic in aim is obviously facetious..

I have literally no idea what the assistant coaches, individual staff, etc etc are doing relative to the goals set for them so there’s zero basis for me to make a claim on what should happen with their job status. 

The general manager is responsible for managing, generally, everyone: buck always stops there. Imo you need to fail a hardline goal twice to merit canning, save a total explosion the first time. Adams isn’t on the hot seat right now. Imo, he isn’t next season, either. But if we fail to make the playoffs next year, he’s managing for his job in 24/25, absolutely. 

Finally, coach gets the microscope for day to day performance. As of now, i think we see some regression to the mean from this awful streak and have another good stretch in us to end. Granato wasn’t on the hot seat till next year imo but, if the collapse continues for 12 more games, there’s probably a strong objective argument he should be fired. I don’t think that happens though, the full 12 games part and the firing, in either scenario 

40 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think it's time for Sabrespace to be relieved of its duties.

If there has been one constant in this decade of poor results it has been Sabrespace.

Accountability is in order. It's time.

You might be on to something.  The ones with playoff experience are slow, grizzled old vets and the rest have never seen a playoff game, and don’t know how to carry the mail.

The idiot in "in game set up" or whatever the #### it's called who keeps setting the garbage cans in the 300 level out at the end of the stanchions under the seating bowl.  It makes it really difficult to walk around up there.  

They don't always do it,  but when they do it yutzes things up something fierce.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

If the season ended today, the defensive zone coverage and PK were far enough below reasonable expectations that I would want some changes in the assistant coaching staff. I get that we weren't going to win a cup this year, but that doesn't mean that elements of your team have free license to be abject failures. 

If we give up touchdowns at home the rest of the way I might ask for more. 

Whhhhatttt? The Sabre Space Gods have been pounding the drums for Powers to get the Calder and Dahlin the Norris? what gives

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

Debbie in accounting.  She's a pain in the neck, always brings the same taco dip on holidays, and usually drinks the last of the coffee without refilling it.

Pro tip: taco dip freezes beautifully. It was all made in 2003.

• Haha (+1) 1

Pegulas have fired coaches and GMs every 2 years. Eventually have to give someone time to build this team. I'm pissed and frustrated like most but Granato fixed the offense and made hockey kinda fun to watch again. (Until recently). Maybe give him time for fix the D. Adams has made some good moves but he needs to get a goaltender soon.

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

I've made the list.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I almost selected nobody.  Adam’s is certainly not in any danger.  Granato is safe for now.  

A thorough review of the players and coaching staff should  happen.  Improved defensive zone play, better goaltending, and better PK performance is a must.  

This could mean a coaching change on Granato’s staff.   An infusion of more talented players is certainly a must.  

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Pro tip: taco dip freezes beautifully. It was all made in 2003.

You must be a bachelor…. 😂 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

Whhhhatttt? The Sabre Space Gods have been pounding the drums for Powers to get the Calder and Dahlin the Norris? what gives

I don't know anyone here who thinks Power should get the Calder. Ramus Dahlin is the best defender the Sabres have and should be in the Norris conversation. He shouldn't be blamed for not being able to carry the husk of Clague and Bryson on his back while injured. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.