This team has taken all the goodwill built up over the last year and...

matter2003

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

What are we doing here... look:

63 voters 

100 points - 6

90+ points - 27

Between 80/90 (say, 85) - 23

Between 70/80 (say, 75) - 8

Last place (pick whatever number, 68?) - buffalonil 

6x100 + 27x90 + 23x85 + 8x75 + 1x68 = 

600 + 2430 + 1955 + 600 + 68 =

Dividing this number by voters gets the average. 5653/63

=90 points 

Thanks for coming to my math ted talk 

My math is correct. Also, I just use percentages and different assumptions than you did.

34 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Evidence for the fact the board’s expectations weren’t met, contrary to the revisionist 

I think the board would be happy if we were failing like Ottawa. Likely will also miss the playoffs but still giving it their all every night and making it close. (if not for Ullmark they'd have beaten Boston or at least tied into OT)

We seemed to be on the upward trajectory earlier in the year but now it all just looks too familiar. 

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

I think the board would be happy if we were failing like Ottawa. Likely will also miss the playoffs but still giving it their all every night and making it close. (if not for Ullmark they'd have beaten Boston or at least tied into OT)

We seemed to be on the upward trajectory earlier in the year but now it all just looks too familiar. 

Definitely agree the trajectory matters. This can all shift again pretty quickly. If they finish strong it still matters 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.