This team has taken all the goodwill built up over the last year and...

matter2003

Crumpled it up into a giant ball, threw it in the trash can and lit it on fire.

I don't care who is hurt for them and who isn't playing, blah blah blah...there is no excuse for getting your barn doors blown off every other game for the last month with increasing frequency.

Adams has a lot to do this off-season because if he is thinking in house growth is going to fix all the problems on this team next year he is going to be in for a very rude awakening.

Last year, I didn't want the season to end, this year after the last month I can't wait for it to end. At least I won't have to get alerts on my watch and see them down 4-0 10 minutes into the first period anymore.

They talk about wanting to earn fans back into the building, well they have a real funny way of showing it putting this garbage on ice in front of them. They can f**k off right now as far as I am concerned. I'm done with them this year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

Before the ASG if you told me this was going to happen I would have told you you’re crazy. They might miss it, but this is a real hockey team.

I thought Granato was untouchable for the 23-24 season. Baring disaster. I think it’s time to start having that conversation. 

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

Before the ASG if you told me this was going to happen I would have told you you’re crazy. They might miss it, but this is a real hockey team.

I thought Granato was untouchable for the 23-24 season. Baring disaster. I think it’s time to start having that conversation. 

7-13 since the break 

- - - 

Just.....just finish above .500, please do this at least, and try and have a big offseason. That’s all I got.

Would be first time above .500 in 11 years. Even .500 on the dot would take us 10 years back 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

7-13 since the break 

Something is up. This isn’t a “healthy Dahlin” away issue. It’s not a “well Adams should have made a trade”.

We went from a team the league was going to be worries about in the next few seasons to a total tire fire.

I don’t have any good answers.

I barely have any answers. Maybe we were figured out? I don’t know how you match Granato back in the building. We can’t afford for this to happen next season early. 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Something is up. This isn’t a “healthy Dahlin” away issue. It’s not a “well Adams should have made a trade”.

We went from a team the league was going to be worries about in the next few seasons to a total tire fire.

I don’t have any good answers.

I barely have any answers. Maybe we were figured out? I don’t know how you match Granato back in the building. We can’t afford for this to happen next season early. 

Just gotta hope they can right the ship a bit over last 12.

Playoffs are finished with but still some runway left to shift things 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I still like this team overall… I hope management improves the team over the summer. In the obvious areas. Sorry if the cool kids are all jumping off the bridge and I refuse to do it. My bad.

Well, if you stay on the one lane bridge the Clydesdales that pulling the budweiser wagon at 30mph are going to flatten your arse on the way to a playoff bound city.

So, you either jump, or your eternal love for hockey soul will get so run over that pond hockey at Ives Pond will look enjoyable enough to pay 30 bucks a game to see, start time is the same as the Sabres 🤣 

This is all playoff caliber hockey, they don't have the intensity to match other teams who are in similar playoff race as we are. We need guys who have been there and done, who know what it takes to win this late in the year. I said last year I hope we translate into wins next year , it's easy to play well when you have no pressure last season. The pressure was on and they crumbled. I've said it beofre we need a top 4 Dman who's actually good at defense, a bottom pairing 2 way dman who has playoff experience, a top 6 forward, and tough/2 way players who hit and have experience to replace guys like Okposo/Olofsson/Middlestadt and most importantly a goalie like Saros/Demko (someone along those lines) until the savior is ready to become the savior.

Edited by GoPuckYourself
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

This is all playoff caliber hockey, they don't have the intensity to match other teams who are in similar playoff race as we are. We need guys who have been there and done, who know what it takes to win this late in the year. I said last year I hope we translate into wins next year , it's easy to play well when you have no pressure last season. The pressure was on and they crumbled. I've said it beofre we need a top 4 Dman who's actually good at defense, a bottom pairing 2 way dman who has playoff experience, a top 6 forward, and tough/2 way players who hit and have experience to replace guys like Okposo/Olofsson/Middlestadt and most importantly a goalie like Saros/Demko (someone along those lines) until the savior is ready to become the savior.

They got murdered tonight by a glorified AHL team.

Seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

Just wait till you see what a difference goaltending makes.

It's absurd how bad goaltending is on home ice, and it's getting worse.

Outshoot the Bruins... 26-25, 2.58 xGA, 3.33 xGF, result 7-0 loss, UPL .720 sv%.

Outshoot the Preds 31-27, 3.2 xGA, 4.2 xGF, result 7-3 loss, Anderson .700 sv%

As someone who played at a high level it's absolutely critical that you trust your goaltender to make saves.  If you don't have that trust, then it's virtually impossible to play your normal game.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Just wait till you see what a difference goaltending makes.

It's absurd how bad goaltending is on home ice, and it's getting worse.

Outshoot the Bruins... 26-25, 2.58 xGA, 3.33 xGF, result 7-0 loss, UPL .720 sv%.

Outshoot the Preds 31-27, 3.2 xGA, 4.2 xGF, result 7-3 loss, Anderson .700 sv%

As someone who played at a high level it's absolutely critical that you trust your goaltender to make saves.  If you don't have that trust, then it's virtually impossible to play your normal game.

I know what you mean. When I play D on NHL 23 I get so pissed when my goalie is a level 3 NOOB. 🤢😁

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We might finish with close to a 50 goal scorer, and maybe 3, possibly 4 30 goal scorers and not make the playoffs? That’s crazy. 

and sad.  What it means is that the GM failed the team. Every successful rebuild I've ever seen has at worst decent goaltending.  Most have good to excellent goaltending.  There is an adage that you build from the goal out for a reason.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Under Dan Bylsma we ended the season with 81 pts. We currently have 72 with 12 games remaining. 7-13 since the break, if we keep that pace we might win 6 which would put us 3 pts ahead of the Bylsma team come season end. 

PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it only took a decade.

• Haha (+1) 2

I still believe in the organization and it’s depth of talent but we need to have the defensemen play D first and foremost. So many on this board were handing Dahlin the Norris trophy and for CRIPES sake the Calder to Powers. I would have had his ass down to Rochester after turnover 56! We have a plethora of forwards and looks like our goalie, fingers crossed but for gods sake can we get some solid Dmen who play D first.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Yeah I had hope last off-season. Definitely not this summer. What a disaster. 

After the year they had, I would have more hope.  We knew it could have been rough end of year, they had the toughest schedule left in the NHL and are the youngest team.     Im expecting a great off-season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.