Fanatics will be the new Official Jersey Provider for the NHL

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Guess I only have 1 year to buy jerseys then. Sucks. 

I'd give them a chance.  Fanatics gets a bit of a bum steer as they are chartered to make a cost sensitive replica jersey.  Most of Fanatics garb I have is from a few years ago, so maybe the quality has gone down, but all my Fanatics branded T-shirts are comfortable and durable.   I don't own any Fanatics breakaway jerseys though.

There was a lot of teeth gnashing when Adidas took over a few years ago, but I found their jerseys to be the most comfortable, and best fitting when compared to previous manufacturers.  The biggest gripe that I have with Adidas is that they didn't make their "MiC" true Authentics available to the general public, like CCM had done years ago with their Center Ice collection (not to be confused with the practice jerseys).  

• Like (+1) 1

I own 2 Fanatics items. One is a 2019 Bills playoffs t-shirt. The design melted in the dryer the first time I washed it. The second is a Skinner replica jersey purchased last season. The nameplate on the back is in the Kraken font. Both times the company offered some sort of refund, which I guess is to their credit, but the products are ungodly bad in my experience. Not good news

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Dokken said:

I own 2 Fanatics items. One is a 2019 Bills playoffs t-shirt. The design melted in the dryer the first time I washed it. The second is a Skinner replica jersey purchased last season. The nameplate on the back is in the Kraken font. Both times the company offered some sort of refund, which I guess is to their credit, but the products are ungodly bad in my experience. Not good news

i had bought 2 shirts and both of them had the design disappear in the dryer the first time. they wouldnt refund or replace since it was worn.

i have a couple of the jersey's they are not good. i also have one from before fanatics, which i think is Adidas. that replica is a million times better than fanatics

Boo.

Not a fan of Fanatics.  Have a Thompson ASG replica on order from there (long story, don't ask) which was supposed to be delivered yesterday but now is set to show up next Wednesday.

Hoping that the "authentics" that they end up making are of the quality that CCM, Reebok, and Adidas have been, but not particularly hopeful.

I'm not a "jersey guy" but this doesn't sound like a good move for the league.  The people who do buy a lot of jerseys and sports merchandise are not high on the move.  I suppose Fanatics has enough cash that they can hire the right design and development people and use the right fabrics to make this work and it may end up being a non-issue in time.  They're saying 2024, so they also have some time to figure it out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Don't know if he's correct or not, but Biron on Sabres Live today said he'd heard the game jerseys would still be made in the same factory that Adidas has been making them.  So, if they can get the same fabric rather than the junk they usually use, it might not be as horrible as it sounds at first.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Don't know if he's correct or not, but Biron on Sabres Live today said he'd heard the game jerseys would still be made in the same factory that Adidas has been making them.  So, if they can get the same fabric rather than the junk they usually use, it might not be as horrible as it sounds at first.

That’s true.  St. Hyacinthe, Quebec if I’m not mistaken.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.