LGR4GM

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

No one asked about his 40” waist.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Seeing him walking in another video… There’s no way he has a 40” waist 😂

or he hides it extremely extremely extremely well 🤔

50 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Internet fantasy.   He might be a 32.  

I actually forget where I saw it.  Maybe Kris Baker said it?

Anyway, I believe that it was 40” hips, not waist.  Big, wide, powerful hips are good for a goalie.

• Like (+1) 1

Great kid… Kudos to KA for recruiting him, signing him, and joining him up to the Sabres comfortably… Looked and sounded at ease and right at home in his first presser… Can’t wait to see him in action.

I like how he simplifies the goaltending position to just find a way to stop the puck. Whoever is the best at stopping the puck gets to play.

I’m sure he is well versed in the finer points of goaltending technique and all of the analytical data but in the moment you need to trust your instincts, your training and just stop the puck.

This simplification of thought and not cluttering up your brain really resonates with me.

People I have golfed with are often worried about some technical part of their swings or the hazards that surround them. When my game was at its best, all I did was look at the target and put the ball there. I tell playing partners that when cavemen were hunting with spears they did not worry about weight shifts, wrist flex or keeping their heads still. They looked at the target and threw the spear there.

Anyway, just stop the puck Devon. Practice is the time to experiment, the training sessions are where you refine the movements but the games are when you trust your skills and just stop the puck.

You go kid!

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, pi2000 said:
16 hours ago, French Collection said:

No one asked about his 40” waist.

According to my source, he'll be receiving a special exemption from the league for non-conforming pants.

Sexy Chris Farley GIF

15 hours ago, inkman said:

Nothing like setting up the fanbase for an Eichel like let down 

Eichel never won nuthin.  He's been second best his whole life.

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Compared to what the team was like when Eichel arrived, this year's team is "largely built."

I agree. A few missing pieces, Does in fact mean that the team is largely built already. It’s just missing a few pieces. Management has identified the core more or less. And they will hopefully build around that as necessary. 

38 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I agree. A few missing pieces, Does in fact mean that the team is largely built already. It’s just missing a few pieces. Management has identified the core more or less. And they will hopefully build around that as necessary. 

TaroT's question is intriguing tho... Does KA have to recalibrate his thinking given the current collapse during a "meaningful March"?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

TaroT's question is intriguing tho... Does KA have to recalibrate his thinking given the current collapse during a "meaningful March"?

The nature of the job requires calibrating and recalibrating so I think KA will be doing just that. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Besides, they're not building a team around him; the team is largely built already.

And he’s their best player. Leads a first place team in goals, points, points per game, and, at a career best +20, leads that category as well. Also easily leads in even strength points, and has taken only 4 PIMs all year 

funny how he’s perfectly capable of being the best player on a really good playoff team with a proper surrounding build

you guys are really just gonna continue on with this instead of letting it go and taking the L. Let it go. Eichel is perfectly capable. It just wasn’t capable of working HERE, anymore 

Hate him. But he’s not an unwinnable cancer, never was, and he wasn’t the reason we didn’t win 

Edited by Thorny

44 minutes ago, Thorny said:

And he’s their best player. Leads a first place team in goals, points, points per game, and, at a career best +20, leads that category as well. Also easily leads in even strength points, and has taken only 4 PIMs all year 

funny how he’s perfectly capable of being the best player on a really good playoff team with a proper surrounding build

you guys are really just gonna continue on with this instead of letting it go and taking the L. Let it go. Eichel is perfectly capable. It just wasn’t capable of working HERE, anymore 

Hate him. But he’s not an unwinnable cancer, never was, and he wasn’t the reason we didn’t win 

Wut.

I didn't say ANYTHING about Eichel himself.  I just said that when he got here, the place was torn down to the studs, as opposed to the current Sabres who are well along in a rebuild.  I was talking about the team the players (Eichel, Levi) were/are coming into, not anything about Eichel or Levi.

Yeesh.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Wut.

I didn't say ANYTHING about Eichel himself.  I just said that when he got here, the place was torn down to the studs, as opposed to the current Sabres who are well along in a rebuild.  I was talking about the team the players (Eichel, Levi) were/are coming into, not anything about Eichel or Levi.

Yeesh.

I’m more than familiar with your well-documented stances on it and the implications of what you meant by “not building a team around him.” Your first comment you came swinging in with was  “Eichel never won nothin”, now you step back from it and do the “yeesh”/under attack thing. No dice lol

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I’m more than familiar with your well-documented stances on it and the implications of what you meant by “not building a team around him.” Your first comment you came swinging in with was  “Eichel never won nothin”, now you step back from it and do the “yeesh”/under attack thing. No dice lol

Were all civilized here. No reason that anyone should be coming here to say anything nice about Jack Benedict.  Bet the prices on Magic 8 Balls are cheaper anyways, theyre in the honeymoon phase, we'll see, that team was good before they got him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.