GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG

matter2003

Yes! My first GDT!

The NHL leading Big Bad Bruins are coming to town and that is likely not a good thing for the Sabres as they try and keep themselves relevant in the playoffs race.

Boston Bruins (52-11-5, first in the Atlantic Division) vs. Buffalo Sabres (33-29-6, fifth in the Atlantic Division)

Buffalo, New York; Sunday, 1 p.m. EDT

Bruins -185, Sabres +156; over/under is 6.5

BOTTOM LINE: The Buffalo Sabres host the Boston Bruins after Victor Olofsson scored two goals in the Sabres' 5-2 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers.

Buffalo is 33-29-6 overall and 10-10-1 against the Atlantic Division. The Sabres have scored 247 total goals (3.6 per game) to rank third in the league.

Boston is 52-11-5 overall and 12-5-3 against the Atlantic Division. The Bruins are 15-4-4 in games their opponents serve more penalty minutes.

The teams play Sunday for the fourth time this season. The Bruins won the previous matchup 3-1.

TOP PERFORMERS: Jeff Skinner has 29 goals and 38 assists for the Sabres. Olofsson has three goals over the past 10 games.

David Pastrnak has scored 47 goals with 44 assists for the Bruins. Dmitry Orlov has three goals and nine assists over the past 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Sabres: 2-6-2, averaging 2.8 goals, 4.3 assists, 2.8 penalties and 5.9 penalty minutes while giving up 4.2 goals per game.

Bruins: 7-3-0, averaging 3.7 goals, 6.8 assists, 3.8 penalties and 8.2 penalty minutes while giving up 2.4 goals per game.

INJURIES: Sabres: Eric Comrie: out (lower body), Mattias Samuelsson: out (upper body).

Bruins: Nick Foligno: out (lower-body), Derek Forbort: day to day (lower body), Taylor Hall: out (lower body).

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

• matter2003 changed the title to GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG
21 minutes ago, LTS said:

Missed the Caps and Flyers game due to work travel... I'll 50/50 today's game simultaneously watching F1... I hope they give me a reason to tune in fully to the game versus the race...

Normally that's an easy one for me, but after Friday's game I'm feeling the same.  Verstappen from p15 should be entertaining at least.

Longshot…

Probably get close enough to break hearts… especially given the two no-show games last week…

Just puts more pressure on KA, DG, and the team to make the playoffs next year

Found it interesting Harrington picked today to name names and comment on several top players recent performance and DG roster decisions during the wild card chase… Could have waited for his off-season grades

Edited by Believer
  • Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.