Devon Levi Signed to 3 year deal

sabresparaavida

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yeah, he can't work until his paperwork is completed.

Don't understand why he signed on Friday if they hadn't already had his visa/work permit applications underway.  There just seems to be no rhyme nor reason for this to happen on Friday rather than this past Monday or upcoming Sunday.

Hoping he gets the Nashville game but if it slides to the Devils game at least my kids can say they were there for his NHL debut.

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

I don't think he even can practice with the team until they get him a work permit...and I don't see why that wasn't done approximately 90 seconds after he signed.

6 hours ago, TheAud said:

Have you ever done anything with the federal government? Nothing is done in 90 seconds, or 90 minutes….

Even if you expedite a visa it will take 3-4 days minimum.  Unless you personally go to the consulate or whatever the government agency is that deals with these things.

My company uses a 3rd party that specializes in expediting visas and it is always a pain.  It can go a little faster if you have duel citizenship or had been approved for a visa for that country in the past.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Not to mention the optics of ostensibly giving up on the season.

Ostensibly... Just tryna hang with 11.

The only way I can interpret the optics as “bad” is if:

a) the Sabres goalies are getting job done in the playoff race instead of this abomination

https://www.nhl.com/stats/goalies?reportType=game&dateFrom=2023-02-26&dateTo=2023-03-18&gameType=2&playerPlayedFor=franchise.19&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=wins,savePct&page=0&pageSize=50

b) Devon Levi was a 19-year-old kid who never played a game above Jr A instead of 21 and one of the top 3 college goalies of all time.

Yes, they should give him some practice time first and get a sense of his readiness first.

But if he looks capable in practice, this isn’t giving up on the season, it’s more like trying to save it.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

(Just my impression.) From a makeup perspective he reminds me of Miller because he is so thoughtful. He's careful when choosing his words. He seems to be influenced more by analytics and less by emotions. Great attributes for a goalie. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, MBD said:

Starting him wouldn't be a decision made solely by DG.  First you'd ask Levi if he's ready and then talk to the team leaders to see if they're OK with it.  If it's "yes" to all, then he starts.

I have to imagine he will have to face a barrage of Tage Thompson slappers in practice first.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I think we're underestimating how bad our goaltending actually is.

In the land of the blind one-eyed man is king.

I think our goaltending has been average.  According to Money Puck, in all situations the Sabres are 26th in goals against and 28th in expected goals against. Our goalies have allowed about as many goals as expected given the scoring opportunities we give up. 

In my opinion: 

- Anderson has exceeded expectations and has been good

- UPL has met expectations and shown he has the physical tools to be an NHL goalie; he needs to be more consistent and that will hopefully come with experience

- Comrie has been bad and disappointing, even in the context of low expectations and an injury.

My guess is that Levi will dress as a back-up once or twice before he starts a game.  Up to the Dallas game I was convinced that Levi would start next season in Rochester and that UPL/Comrie would start next season as the NHL tandem.  Now I think it is more likely that Comrie is done as a Sabre and we will see UPL/Levi in Buffalo. 

Edited by Archie Lee

If Devon is looking good in practice start him on the road (Sabre better on the road than home) against the Islanders Saturday.

Doesn't give him the pressure of the home crowd with unrealistic expectations.

If they do want him to start at home, the Canadiens next week would probably be best.

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

@DarthEbriate The student section at Northeastern nicknamed Him Master Levi, based on His Love of Star Wars 

Oh crap, I'm going to give the kid a complex. The complex of The Concept Of

Tuch: The Concept Of is strong in my core trade. My trade-father has it. I have it. And my trade-brother has it. Yes... it's you, Levi.

Levi: I know! Somehow I've always known. And our other trade-brothers have it, too: Krebs, Kulich (and... maybe... Greenway... in some capacity.)  

10 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Between  power , savoie, Levi 

Who has the best hair .

And damn i remember when i had hair 😪

matthew-savoie-2022-8671.jpg

Slight edge to Savoie. 

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

@DarthEbriate The student section at Northeastern nicknamed Him Master Levi, based on His Love of Star Wars 

Just as long as it's not "As the Levi breaks" that's all i care about.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Has anyone found Levi missing from his hotel room, with only a rope ladder made from bedsheets hanging out the window?

Video of Levi entering the facility as he watches highlights of the Bruins game

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

• Haha (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.