Devon Levi Signed to 3 year deal

sabresparaavida

Just now, K-9 said:

Perhaps many of you have read this article previously, but for those that haven’t, it’s a decent insight into the type of player we are getting. Talk about hockey character.

https://huntnewsnu.com/68648/sports/devon-levi-from-underdog-to-olympian/

Re: the quote. Heck, Levi might even be able to be the one who eliminates Florida from playoff contention this season.

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Now you've gone and done it.  @DarthEbriate he was only covering for you!  😉

Always two there are!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Yes, the Sabres would have had to make a paper transaction at the TDL and send him back to Rochester with an immediate recall. 
They did not so he’s ineligible. 

They did it with Samuelsson last year 

I could swear they sent UPL down "on paper" right before the TDL. You'd think they'd want him to be AHL eligible for a potential playoff run.

29 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Well, it seems clear that he will play very soon. Who goes down? UPL or Comrie? I think UPL goes down and plays in the AHL playoffs.

Yep. I want UPL to go down. He can be The Man for the playoff run. 

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Yes, the Sabres would have had to make a paper transaction at the TDL and send him back to Rochester with an immediate recall. 
They did not so he’s ineligible. 

They did it with Samuelsson last year 

But he was on the Amerks roster at some point before the TDL this year. Was there a specific window he needed to be on the roster?

33 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Well, it seems clear that he will play very soon. Who goes down? UPL or Comrie? I think UPL goes down and plays in the AHL playoffs.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I could swear they sent UPL down "on paper" right before the TDL. You'd think they'd want him to be AHL eligible for a potential playoff run.

3 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Yep. I want UPL to go down. He can be The Man for the playoff run. 

Brawndo's correct. They deliberately did not do this to UPL because they wanted to send him the message he's an NHL goalie now.

Seth Appert talked about it with Marty and Duffer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think the expectations of instant success are pretty lofty and unreasonable but it'll be fun to see what he has at the NHL level. 

If the plan is to go with 2 young guys next year the pressure is really on the goaltending coaching. Is it adequate? UPL doesn't seem to be improving so idk. Goalies take time and have big ups and downs so the development process here is critical. 

Anyway, no need to worry yet. Just glad all the panic over him possibly not signing is over. Helps with the team's image as an up and comer too. Might help with future signings if the word out there is bright future for the team. 

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Well done!!!

Have to temper my expectations but I think he will be good.

Can’t do worse than Comrie at this point.

and UPL

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think the expectations of instant success are pretty lofty and unreasonable but it'll be fun to see what he has at the NHL level. 

If the plan is to go with 2 young guys next year the pressure is really on the goaltending coaching. Is it adequate? UPL doesn't seem to be improving so idk. Goalies take time and have big ups and downs so the development process here is critical. 

Anyway, no need to worry yet. Just glad all the panic over him possibly not signing is over. Helps with the team's image as an up and comer too. Might help with future signings if the word out there is bright future for the team. 

We only have a 41 yr old NHL goalie.

43 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Perhaps many of you have read this article previously, but for those that haven’t, it’s a decent insight into the type of player we are getting. Talk about hockey character.

https://huntnewsnu.com/68648/sports/devon-levi-from-underdog-to-olympian/

In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Guess he can not go to the AHL this year ? his ELC is burned ?  send UPL down and let Levi have some games in a week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.