Devon Levi Signed to 3 year deal

sabresparaavida

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Good news but we should temper our expectations at least in the immediate future. Needs at least a year in Rochester. 

Emphasis on “at least” in terms of expectations.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Good news but we should temper our expectations at least in the immediate future. Needs at least a year in Rochester. 

I'm not tempering 💩... I'm excited now!

Platoon him with Anderson until the end of the season. There's no way he's any worse than kkkkkk, but he's got way more upside.

Edited by JoeSchmoe

I agree that we need to temper our expectations.  Levi is a talented young goalie and likely has the best future of any G in the system.  He still might need some time to develop in the AHL, as did another top goalie coming from the NCAA, Ryan Miller, and others.  Trading Portillo now looks like the right move for everyone involved.  I'm still very excited that they have signed Levi and have him in the system.  They still need a veteran to pair with UPL for next season, when Anderson is retired and they've presumably found a way to move on from Comrie.  As I've stated elsewhere, Comrie is a good guy, hard worker, and a solid backup on a defensive-minded team, but he's not a good fit for the Sabres style of play.

• Agree 1

Just now, Weave said:

He sure can.  He’s never seen an NHL game shot.

Literally he can, but I think he will be one of the two goalies on this team for years to come.

My opinion of course, but he might be better at this point in time.

I didn’t mind the Comrie signing at the time but he isn’t the answer as a 1A or 1B. Not just going off of his last game either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.