GDT: Sabres at Flyers 3-17-2023 7pm MSG, WGR

spndnchz

3 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

Stillman was right there and did nothing. He’s probably learned that he’s not a fighter after being laid out. 

Our other WannaBe

55 minutes ago, Weave said:

It says alot about how little there is that another lost season might be celebrated as the best of an era.

I mean, a feverish run for 9th place is a lofty goal now.

Exactly. With how incredibly inept this franchise has been under the Pegulas, they are counting on people thinking exactly this way. Hey this year, look how much we’ve improved.  We will still finish in the bottom third of the league yet some feel like celebrating. That above anything else should show just how far this franchise has fallen under current leadership. Can’t wait for all the excuses exactly 12 months from now. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Exactly. With how incredibly inept this franchise has been under the Pegulas, they are counting on people thinking exactly this way. Hey this year, look how much we’ve improved.  We will still finish in the bottom third of the league yet some feel like celebrating. That above anything else should show just how far this franchise has fallen under current leadership. Can’t wait for all the excuses exactly 12 months from now. 

Yeah. I still haven’t come to terms that it’s been 12 years since we last made the playoffs. Unprecedented. How is it possible? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1.  Bad lineup.

2.  Bad effort.

3.  Bad goaltending and another refusal to change.

Leads to 4.  Granato.  I am running out of patience.  The fact that his name is not "Ralph Krueger" is insignificant.  I am beginning to wonder about Granato's decisions and whether he can lead an NHL team.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Are we back in the Bedard sweepstakes?

4 team race here 

20 Caps - 70gp, 73 points 

21 Sabres - 68gp, 72 points 

- - - 

22 Senators - 68gp, 70 points 

23 Red Wings - 67gp, 69 points 

Top 2 avoid the Sweepstakes, bottom 2 gain entry to the sweepstakes 

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Big disappointment.  Flyers want to fight Krebs and Kyle.

Greenway never offered to accommodate them. 

I don't fault anybody for not fighting DesLauriers, but he could have offered more push back for sure. Flyers had smiles on their faces. They pretty much knew nobody would drop them. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

1.  Bad lineup.

2.  Bad effort.

3.  Bad goaltending and another refusal to change.

Leads to 4.  Granato.  I am running out of patience.  The fact that his name is not "Ralph Krueger" is insignificant.  I am beginning to wonder about Granato's decisions and whether he can lead an NHL team.

Definitely needs to stop protecting the players. You sign a NHL 2nd Contract, YOU MUST PRODUCE

This playoff trend is starting to head toward last year. Last year Sabres were winning after Allstar game. This year we are losing.

Sabres are NOT getting better, two top players are trending down in Tage and Dahlin.

Not listening to Adams or Granto. Failed to offer REAL HELP in push to playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I sincerely hope Tage is playin hurt cause he looks awful. Without that line scoring we are doomed. Dahlin looks bad too. And whiel we traded with the right team we got the wrong guy...I wanted Marcus back soooooooo bad. Then we'd have someonen who would answer the bell and who can play well enough to not be a liability.

meanwhile, I do think th eteam has become what their coach is...a nice guy with seemingly no fire in him. The team takes losing far to easily and he clearly just does same. Throw some cliches around and make excuses but at the end of the day nice guys usually finish last (we are not there yet but seem to be trending that way).  We needed coach to go into locker room and rip a piece off of the team and in turn see the team come out  an dplay with much more passion and drive in 2nd. We also need the coach to change the goaltenders when they are clearly costin us yet another game not worry about hurting their feelings. Somewhere between Torts and Granato there must be a happy medium.

I too (as someone pointed out earlier) was 13 when the team was born and I have followed this team through thick and thin ever since. I only hope we can make the playoffs once before I die.I really thought maybe this year but clearly there are far too many factors at work right now. They look like a bunch if tired kids. Injuries are taking their toll.

And goaltending... 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Cause maybe that's not who he is. Tage Thompson is huge, but he doesn't play overly physical. We've had big guys before who played small. 

Actually Tage had two really good hits at the Caps game and I saw at least one good hit last night. We don’t know if  DG is telling or not taking these guys not to hit.  I’m just going on my observations and these guys haven’t been physical all season. They use their sticks and try to poke pucks away. They dump the puck and hope their speed will get them to the puck before the defender hits them. Cozens was way more physical last season than this season.  

1 hour ago, sabrefanday1 said:

I sincerely hope Tage is playin hurt cause he looks awful. Without that line scoring we are doomed. Dahlin looks bad too. And whiel we traded with the right team we got the wrong guy...I wanted Marcus back soooooooo bad. Then we'd have someonen who would answer the bell and who can play well enough to not be a liability.

meanwhile, I do think th eteam has become what their coach is...a nice guy with seemingly no fire in him. The team takes losing far to easily and he clearly just does same. Throw some cliches around and make excuses but at the end of the day nice guys usually finish last (we are not there yet but seem to be trending that way).  We needed coach to go into locker room and rip a piece off of the team and in turn see the team come out  an dplay with much more passion and drive in 2nd. We also need the coach to change the goaltenders when they are clearly costin us yet another game not worry about hurting their feelings. Somewhere between Torts and Granato there must be a happy medium.

I too (as someone pointed out earlier) was 13 when the team was born and I have followed this team through thick and thin ever since. I only hope we can make the playoffs once before I die.I really thought maybe this year but clearly there are far too many factors at work right now. They look like a bunch if tired kids. Injuries are taking their toll.

And goaltending... 

some people believe that these kids are fragile snowflakes that should be treated with kid gloves. I know we call them kids but they are young adult men. The need to be treated like men. The teams that have beaten the Sabres easily are teams coached by strong coaches who have a very structured team game. I know the Flyers suck but they’re structure is what beat the Sabres

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.