Disturbing video of Danny Briere's son

sabrefanday1

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

The right move. In my opinion.

Can he come back from this? Sure. Just probably not as a hockey player that’s going to make the NHL. There are a million jobs that surround the game of hockey… Maybe can get into one of those. Maybe he can become an agent.

To be honest, doubtful he was going to make the jump at 23 from borderline Division 1 Mercyhurst to the NHL. If really wants to play, he might catch on with ECHL or maybe AHL teams but really he should be planning on something that doesn't involve him playing hockey to be safe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

The right move. In my opinion.

Can he come back from this? Sure. Just probably not as a hockey player that’s going to make the NHL. There are a million jobs that surround the game of hockey… Maybe can get into one of those. Maybe he can become an agent.

I would be telling him to finish the degree.   He needs to accomplish something on a positive note.  The hockey world is not all there is in life.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I predict Carson Briere will rehabilitate himself from this most heinous of crimes and will, eventually, lead a good life.

A contrarian take about a person damaging another person's wheelchair - impressive, on some level.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, hockey said:

A contrarian take about a person damaging another person's wheelchair - impressive, on some level.

The kid is an ass, and I’m not interested in defending him at all, but if every bully and general ***** head didnt grow out of their ***** headedness there would be alot more sociopaths in the world.

Hmmm…. Maybe he’s got Corporate Director somewhere in his future.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

My other prediction is that handicapped people will continue to be carried down that fine establishment's stairs to use the bathroom. And no one will care.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. 

Who said that they were a fine establishment?

On 3/21/2023 at 9:07 AM, PASabreFan said:

Do you think Erieites don't drink?

It's funny tho. No one wants to address the idea that a handicapped woman had to be carried down stairs. Yep the villain is DANNY BRIERE's son for pushing an inanimate object.

A federal law, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), requires most business and facilities to provide reasonable access and accommodation for all disabled customers, clients, and members of the public. The ADA applies to almost all businesses that are open to the public, regardless of size.

So the bar needs to update their facilities

But how does that become a preffered talking point over a grown man pushing a wheel chair down the stairs for a laugh

Just now, ddaryl said:

A federal law, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), requires most business and facilities to provide reasonable access and accommodation for all disabled customers, clients, and members of the public. The ADA applies to almost all businesses that are open to the public, regardless of size.

So the bar needs to update their facilities

But how does that become a preffered talking point over a grown man pushing a wheel chair down the stairs for a laugh

Because no one cared about the woman. And they wouldn't have cared about the dick if his father hadn't scored in double OT vs. the Flyers.

Sorry but I will continue to ***** on the hypocrisy in this thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Because no one cared about the woman. And they wouldn't have cared about the dick if his father hadn't scored in double OT vs. the Flyers.

a grown man took the wheelchair and pushed it down the stairs for a laugh, but that's hypocrisy... ?  The person in the wheelchair knew the bar had limited access and still entered willingly. They even had friends to help.... The only thing news worthy in this thread is an arrogant, ignorant, moron who obviously has a broken moral compass

yes you can question the bars lack of elevator access to the 2nd floor, but none of that is appaliing as what Briere did, he is the story, and really the main story here, and Briere deserves all the comments.

you don't actually think the bar is more to blame here.... the bar will get scrutinize but its not even close to what Briere or any human who deliberately screws with a disabled person has done.

if you think it is hypocritical to be more upset with someone who tossed the wheelchair down the stairs for merely a laugh, well I'm not surprised.

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

In true contrarian fashion. 

The ADA law is a good one and effects certain businesses.  Certainly all new buildings do accommodate wheelchairs.  Unfortunately, not every building, bar, restaurant, and honky tonk can add a bathroom with wheel chair access without significant cost impacts. 

The place I went to  yesterday was built ~200 years ago, in the 1800s, and is still operating as a Bar/Restaurant.  The men's room is on the main floor (the whole bar is one level)  but cannot accommodate wheel chair access.   It is small, and stinky, and barely has room for one urinal, one toilet, and a sink.   Only 2 people can get in and out at the same time, there is always a line.   The ladies room is next to it and has the same problem, but just 1 seat and a sink.  The walls are originally stone, the floor is vintage wood, converting it to a bar in the 1920's was one thing but there is no place to expand the building to today's standards without compromising it.  Preservationists in this part of town are strict on what you can do to these buildings.  Some things cannot and should not be changed.  

Not saying this is the case at the bar in Erie, I? do not know the situation, but not every business can afford to make that investment.   Do you close down these small businesses because of it?    I say no to that.