Disturbing video of Danny Briere's son

sabrefanday1

On 3/15/2023 at 7:35 PM, Scottysabres said:

They did burn, but the sacrifice was more than rewarded......

An old country Italian remedy for a rectum that is in flames is to apply olive oil to the area that is burning. You will find the affected area to be quickly soothed. Don't use butter. Too messy. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I find in my older age I am recognizing that I am alas not a good person. I am also learning restraint. In this case I was assisted by the fact there is not a GIF of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Thanks SDS! You make me a better man.

Seek and you will find. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=picture+of+jeffrey+dahmer+in+high+school&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS802US802&oq=picture+of+Jeffrey+Dahmer&aqs=chrome.0.0i512j69i57j0i512l2.8217j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

14 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I have about 15 TB of videos saved of people doing worse things than this in public 

Might I suggest focusing on the good in this world, instead. It's out there. I understand watching it every so often, but saving it?

I understand Danny's kid doing a gravity check with an unknown wheelchair more than I get doing this.

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Might I suggest focusing on the good in this world, instead. It's out there. I understand watching it every so often, but saving it?

I understand Danny's kid doing a gravity check with an unknown wheelchair more than I get doing this.

I also have a 15 TB folder of Dodo pet adoption videos, fwiw. 

And being honest, I don't have either folder. But it's funny what videos will go viral in normie sphere compared to what is out there

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I thought about that, but apologizing on his behalf is not how to do it.

He was going to be criticized regardless of what he said.

I agree, he had to say something.  Still, a no win scenario for Dad here.

OK.

1.  This video has been an Internet spectacle for a bit--at least eight hours before posted here.

2. We're watching someone at his worst.  Yes, he's being an *****.  No, it doesn't need to be the subject of public discussion just because his dad was semi-famous once.  

3. It doesn't reflect on Briere's parenting skills anyway.  IIRC, the son is from a broken marriage with a MOTHER, not father, to blame.

4. (For humor):  what do you expect when you name your kids Caelen, Carson, Cameron, and Caiden?  Just the first and last of those are too confusing.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I also have a 15 TB folder of Dodo pet adoption videos, fwiw. 

And being honest, I don't have either folder. But it's funny what videos will go viral in normie sphere compared to what is out there

You son-of-a-....

Now I've been down a YouTube vortex for an hour, 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I guess in this case it's because it's a famous guys son. But I saw comparable things every single weekend at Bonas

Put aside who his father is. If he were simply some typical, immature over-drinking college kid (which he appears to be), this behavior still falls in the category of being disturbing simply because it is so callous and inconsiderate of how it might affect someone who was handicapped. 

I don't want to exaggerate the seriousness of this stupid act. It is less about the issue of criminality as it is a testament to this kid's lack of character and awful attitude. He's a punk who needs a good jolt (ass kicking). Some people can be publicly shamed, resulting in remorse and a change in behavior. My sense, maybe being unfair, is that he is a spoiled and entitled brat who is shameless. Whatever category he falls under, he should be held accountable.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

Dude with the TBs sounds creepy. 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

OK.

1.  This video has been an Internet spectacle for a bit--at least eight hours before posted here.

2. We're watching someone at his worst.  Yes, he's being an *****.  No, it doesn't need to be the subject of public discussion just because his dad was semi-famous once.  

3. It doesn't reflect on Briere's parenting skills anyway.  IIRC, the son is from a broken marriage with a MOTHER, not father, to blame.

4. (For humor):  what do you expect when you name your kids Caelen, Carson, Cameron, and Caiden?  Just the first and last of those are too confusing.

He's not the subject of public discussion just because his dad was semi famous. The callous, mean-spirited actions of the young man is why he's the subject of public discussion. His father is a sidebar to the story. And the father is not off the hook for this while blaming his mother - that's completely ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Dude with the TBs sounds creepy. 

You know that means terabytes, right. Randal’s fine. He was making a joke. Remember those?

1 minute ago, Sabres73 said:

He's not the subject of public discussion just because his dad was semi famous. The callous, mean-spirited actions of the young man is why he's the subject of public discussion. His father is a sidebar to the story. And the father is not off the hook for this while blaming his mother - that's completely ridiculous.

Sure,… but even the girl who’s chair it was is less incensed than you. 

27 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

He's not all over the hockey news for being a fringe player at a AA program in Erie.  Look at the title of the post, just for example.  And there are a lot of people here criticizing parenting without knowing a thing about it.  

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

You know that means terabytes, right. Randal’s fine. He was making a joke. Remember those?

Sure,… but even the girl who’s chair it was is less incensed than you. 

1. Yes, of course I know it means terabytes. Why is that a question?

2. I love a good joke. There's nothing funny about any of this.

3. Isn't it amazing how you think you know how I feel? I'm not the slightest incensed, just amazed at terrible behaviour from someone, but thanks for asking.

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Put aside who his father is. If he were simply some typical, immature over-drinking college kid (which he appears to be), this behavior still falls in the category of being disturbing simply because it is so callous and inconsiderate of how it might affect someone who was handicapped. 

I don't want to exaggerate the seriousness of this stupid act. It is less about the issue of criminality as it is a testament to this kid's lack of character and awful attitude. He's a punk who needs a good jolt (ass kicking). Some people can be publicly shamed, resulting in remorse and a change in behavior. My sense, maybe being unfair, is that he is a spoiled and entitled brat who is shameless. Whatever category he falls under, he should be held accountable.    

The fact that this video has reached us on a hockey forum, as well as my twitter feed which has nothing to do with sports or current events or anything outside of the random thoughts of my ~30 closest friends/family members, is almost certainly because he's the son of someone in the public eye. It's entirely unremarkable as far as videos of people doing ***** things on the internet goes. 

For example, in the past 24 hours, without searching for them, I happened to come across videos of:

a.) a random bystander in public being body-slammed and robbed, which paralyzed her for life
b.) a random bystander being shot in the head in broad daylight on a public street by a person who did not know him or have any particular reason to do so

The behavior in these videos, which did reach the internet, is far worse than what Briere's kid did, but these videos are orders of magnitude less-viewed/discussed. But those people aren't an NHL GM's child so it doesn't catch on quite the same way in "public discussion." 

Sorry swamp, i'm not trying to be a downer, I understand anecdotes and sample sizes and I know the world is largely a beautiful place, just trying to defend the people surprised at the traction this story got for the relative non-story it is. Affluent DB kid at prime DB age acts like a DB, more at 11 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The fact that this video has reached us on a hockey forum, as well as my twitter feed which has nothing to do with sports or current events or anything outside of the random thoughts of my ~30 closest friends/family members, is almost certainly because he's the son of someone in the public eye. It's entirely unremarkable as far as videos of people doing ***** things on the internet goes. 

For example, in the past 24 hours, without searching for them, I happened to come across videos of:

a.) a random bystander in public being body-slammed and robbed, which paralyzed her for life
b.) a random bystander being shot in the head in broad daylight on a public street by a person who did not know him or have any particular reason to do so

The behavior in these videos, which did reach the internet, is far worse than what Briere's kid did, but these videos are orders of magnitude less-viewed/discussed. But those people aren't an NHL GM's child so it doesn't catch on quite the same way in "public discussion." 

Sorry swamp, i'm not trying to be a downer, I understand anecdotes and sample sizes and I know the world is largely a beautiful place, just trying to defend the people surprised at the traction this story got for the relative non-story it is. Affluent DB kid at prime DB age acts like a DB, more at 11 

There is no question that the reason why this incident became a public issue is because his father is prominent in the hockey world. And there is no doubt from a criminal perspective compared to other acts this is a miniscule bad act/behavior relative to criminal matters. But what makes this issue resonate (at least for me) is that it represents a behavior that lacks decency, civility and empathy. Is this young fellow a serious bad actor? No. However, this particular conduct goes beyond being inconsiderate. He's at an age that he should have known better. And he's at an age where he should be held accountable for his more than boorish bad behavior. 

Edited by JohnC

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is no question that the reason why this incident became a public issue is because his father is prominent in the hockey world. And there is no doubt from a criminal perspective compared to other acts this is a miniscule bad act/behavior relative to criminal matters. But what makes this issue resonate (at least for me) is that it represents a behavior that lacks decency, civility and empathy. Is this young fellow a serious bad actor? No. However, this particular conduct that goes beyond being inconsiderate. He's at an age that he should have known better. And he's at an age where he should be held accountable for his more than boorish bad behavior. 

I agree with you John.  He is 23.  Still in college, but old enough to not act like a freshman, or younger.  

Maybe he atones in the right way and this will be a turning point moment for him. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I agree with you John.  He is 23.  Still in college, but old enough to not act like a freshman, or younger.  

Maybe he atones in the right way and this will be a turning point moment for him. 

I also hope that he learns from this experience and becomes a better person. However, this is a different world from which you and I grew up. Our episodes of bad behavior were not captured on camera phones or surveillance video. Our bad deeds were forgotten. We were able to move on without permanently being tainted. That's not the case in this era. That video will exist forever. And it is going to be a public record that will follow him and be associated with him.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is no question that the reason why this incident became a public issue is because his father is prominent in the hockey world. And there is no doubt from a criminal perspective compared to other acts this is a miniscule bad act/behavior relative to criminal matters. But what makes this issue resonate (at least for me) is that it represents a behavior that lacks decency, civility and empathy. Is this young fellow a serious bad actor? No. However, this particular conduct goes beyond being inconsiderate. He's at an age that he should have known better. And he's at an age where he should be held accountable for his more than boorish bad behavior. 

I can't disagree with anything here.  23 isn't 18, and Carson Briere is only known because of Danny.  And @Randall Flagg aptly points out that there is MUCH worse (as bad as that is) on the Internet every day.  

For the people (not necessarily on this forum) screaming for jail time:  you wouldn't be screaming if it was your kid or even your wheelchair.  It's destruction of property at most.  For the people (again not necessarily on this forum) arguing to "give the kid a break," you wouldn't be arguing that if he looked differently or wasn't the son of someone quasi-public.

The entire publicity surrounding this is just another episode of voyeurism and possibly calumny.  Sports websites aren't sports websites anymore.  They're about who did what off the field, who said what about whom on twitter, and who's driving what car.  We've become European that way, and it sux.  And it's not limited to sports:  On Monday, I had to read four articles to finally figure out what movie won Best Picture, because the first three were about who was with whom and what they were wearing and what they said.

Enough.

I want to know whether Danny Briere is a good GM, not whether his kid is a screw-up.

I want to know about which team Aaron Rodgers is going to play for, and not about his darkness retreat or what he said about Ian Rappaport yesterday morning.

I want to know which film won Best Picture and not who was on Jennifer Aniston's arm or what Tom Cruise had to drink.

I want to know what Congress is doing and not which representative has the loudest mouth on Twitter.

This little tempest-in-a-teapot is so emblematic of a much bigger problem with what information we consume (and, in turn, what information we are told to consume).

Edited by Eleven
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

Makes you wonder about kids named Tage, Kale, Peyton, and Riley. 

And possibly kids named after Michael Jordan and Mike Tyson.