Disturbing video of Danny Briere's son

sabrefanday1

Yuck, I don’t really care that he is a hockey player or what his team decides to do in response to this.

He needs to charged with a misdemeanor for destruction of personal property, fined, and made responsible for paying for the damages.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Sad.  I know I did some stupid things when I was in my early 20’s, but not respecting the handicapped is not one of them. 

Some people made immature decisions as kids/young men. 23 is a tad odd to still be maturing, but then again, I joined the military at 18, so different environments promote maturity differently, who knew. 

For myself, I harbor a dark secret from my teen years myself. I used to eat hot banana peppers after school about an hour or 2 before I'd go shopping with my mom or grandma, I'd push the cart, carry the bags for them. Well, I'd be primed for running up and down the aisles at Tops dropping and dragging, crop dusting the elderly. Yes, I did do this, and yes, it was immature.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Some people made immature decisions as kids/young men. 23 is a tad odd to still be maturing, but then again, I joined the military at 18, so different environments promote maturity differently, who knew. 

For myself, I harbor a dark secret from my teen years myself. I used to eat hot banana peppers after school about an hour or 2 before I'd go shopping with my mom or grandma, I'd push the cart, carry the bags for them. Well, I'd be primed for running up and down the aisles at Tops dropping and dragging, crop dusting the elderly. Yes, I did do this, and yes, it was immature.

I prefer the mild banana peppers. The hot peppers painfully burn the rim of my rectum. You were much tougher in your youth than I was.  

54 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yuck, I don’t really care that he is a hockey player or what his team decides to do in response to this.

He needs to charged with a misdemeanor for destruction of personal property, fined, and made responsible for paying for the damages.

If it was my dad's chair, he wouldn't be charged with anything.... except the hospital bill. 

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I don't consider that "disturbing".  Disturbing to me would be if he pushed it down the stairs with someone in it.  That would be pretty disturbing.  

This is simply some young, immature kid doing something stupid that he will look back on 5 years from now and think "What the hell was I doing??"

yeah optics are really bad, and def some dumbassery involved, however,  i doubt there was "man i hate disabled people" behind it.  more like a drunken cat, mindlessly testing gravity. reallyyyyyyyyyy stupid because it was a wheelchair, but far from something society should be ruining the kids life over.  hes gunna learn, probably with his pocketbook, definitely with public shaming.  kid will be aight

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I don't consider that "disturbing".  Disturbing to me would be if he pushed it down the stairs with someone in it.  That would be pretty disturbing.  

This is simply some young, immature kid doing something stupid that he will look back on 5 years from now and think "What the hell was I doing??"

I have about 15 TB of videos saved of people doing worse things than this in public 

14 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Not sure why Briere felt the need to weigh in on what his 23 year old son did. This is his 2nd go round with getting in trouble. If it's my kid, I'm leaving it to him to figure out 100% on his own.

https://twitter.com/IanKennedyCK/status/1636083482731614208?s=20

Probably because he means what he is saying and he feels some level of responsibility for his kids actions.  He must be embarrassed and irate with this kid.  

I did my dumbest stuff to others from 15 to 17 years old.  My dumb stuff from 18 to 20 was much more inflicted upon myself.   I have a hard time that these are the actions of a 23 year old.  He must be immature for his age.  I was out of college by then and into my career.   Glad my alma mater eliminated his team too!  

I raised two sons.  Great guys today, and they both needed a close eye and a kick in the azz at times when they were coming up.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Probably because he means what he is saying and he feels some level of responsibility for his kids actions.  He must be embarrassed and irate with this kid.  

I did my dumbest stuff to others from 15 to 17 years old.  My dumb stuff from 18 to 20 was much more inflicted upon myself.   I have a hard time that these are the actions of a 23 year old.  He must be immature for his age.  I was out of college by then and into my career.   Glad my alma mater eliminated his team too!  

I raised two sons.  Great guys today, and they both needed a close eye and a kick in the azz at times when they were coming up.  

As much as I liked Briere as a player, the cynic in me says that daddy going public on behalf of his 23yo son saying "Carson is very sorry and accepts full responsibility for his behaviour" may be a symptom of him not holding his kid accountable in his formative years. Who knows if I'm right, but that's my gut feel.

I know I'd have left my kid handle this on his own. I say this as a very proud parent of two kids age 13 and 15 who've never had a call home from school, and universally get glowing remarks from their teachers and coaches. I like to think that's because they were taught to be respectful from the very get go... No exceptions.

On the other hand, some of their teammates over the years that have shown to be "Carson Briere's in training" were taught from an early age that behaviours like this can be excused if they're performance in the ice is still okay. I can almost hear in my head some of the parents blaming the person in the wheelchair for leaving it up at the top of the stairs and making it their fault. You wouldn't believe the excuses I've heard before... Embarassing!

• Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Not sure why Briere felt the need to weigh in on what his 23 year old son did. This is his 2nd go round with getting in trouble. If it's my kid, I'm leaving it to him to figure out 100% on his own.

https://twitter.com/IanKennedyCK/status/1636083482731614208?s=20

I think as the GM of an NHL team and a public figure he doesn't have the option of not publicly commenting.

30 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

As much as I liked Briere as a player, the cynic in me says that daddy going public on behalf of his 23yo son saying "Carson is very sorry and accepts full responsibility for his behaviour" may be a symptom of him not holding his kid accountable in his formative years. Who knows if I'm right, but that's my gut feel.

I know I'd have left my kid handle this on his own. I say this as a very proud parent of two kids age 13 and 15 who've never had a call home from school, and universally get glowing remarks from their teachers and coaches. I like to think that's because they were taught to be respectful from the very get go... No exceptions.

On the other hand, some of their teammates over the years that have shown to be "Carson Briere's in training" were taught from an early age that behaviours like this can be excused if they're performance in the ice is still okay. I can almost hear in my head some of the parents blaming the person in the wheelchair for leaving it up at the top of the stairs and making it their fault. You wouldn't believe the excuses I've heard before... Embarassing!

I was around a lot of kids in youth hockey and in other sports.  I’ve have seen and heard a lot.  Problems with kids usually goes straight to patenting and/or home influences.  I have tons of parents stories.  (Shaking my head) 

You are just entering the ages where trouble could start. My advice - if you feel they are on track with grades and behavior that is great, still watch things closely, especially their friends, especially a sudden change in friends, especially if the changes look not good.  Trust your instincts.  Most kids go through a break away period and seek independence.  My older one said “it’s different now Dad” 10,000 times.  

It is different, and it seems worse now to me. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Zamboni said:

And that could be potentially… Attempted murder, attempted manslaughter etc …. 

how you described it would be way way way more than just… “Pretty disturbing”.

but hey… That’s just me

I grew up on the East Side of Buffalo a few blocks from the Langfield Projects...I've seen quite a lot worse live in front of my face.