Disturbing video of Danny Briere's son

sabrefanday1

2 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Bizarre. Who's chair was it ??

Seems like a lot is missing from this story and being disabled myself, I'm NOT defending him. 

If you read the whole story it belonged to a disabled fellow who was at the bar and apparently the bar was not wheelchair accessible and washrooms were down bottom of the stairs so his friend actually carried him down the stairs so the disabled fellow could use the bathroom. They left the wheelchair at the top of the stairs and put out of the way so when they returnhed it would be there.    

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Bizarre. Who's chair was it ??

Seems like a lot is missing from this story and being disabled myself, I'm NOT defending him. 

Who the chair belongs to is irrelevant. And what’s missing, exactly? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

• nfreeman changed the title to Disturbing video of Danny Briere's son
10 minutes ago, French Collection said:

In the article I read, he admitted to partying too much and not focusing on hockey.

I guess he didn’t learn from the first violation.

The real issue has little to do with partying or focusing on hockey. The issue is character and a degree of humanity. His lack of maturity was exhibited in Arizona and also on cruel display in the eastern part of the country. A punk is a punk regardless of where you are at. @nfreeman was potently succinct with the word that best describes this incident: Disgraceful.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Danny Briere: Fantastic hockey player. 

His chops as a dad are … not as clear.

I can't exactly comment on his parenting when his son is no longer at home and is in college. I doubt Danny told his son that partying > hockey and pushing wheelchairs down stair cases is ok.

At minimum he needs to be suspended and required to pay for the repairs.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Danny Briere: Fantastic hockey player. 

His chops as a dad are … not as clear.

I know a few people who are terrific people and good parents, and yet their kids turned out like shiiiii …

and I know a few people who are really good people, and their parents are complete trash and terrible.

and I’m sure I’m not the only one that has had those experiences.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

He clearly didn't learn his lesson in Arizona... Time to stop playing hockey. 

I've always said athletes should be held to a higher standard, sadly it's usually that they get away with more than the general public. 

Granted, he's not a "role model" yet, but it appears he shouldn't get the chance to be one. 

I don't consider that "disturbing".  Disturbing to me would be if he pushed it down the stairs with someone in it.  That would be pretty disturbing.  

This is simply some young, immature kid doing something stupid that he will look back on 5 years from now and think "What the hell was I doing??"

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I don't consider that "disturbing".  Disturbing to me would be if he pushed it down the stairs with someone in it.  That would be pretty disturbing.  

And that could be potentially… Attempted murder, attempted manslaughter etc …. 

how you described it would be way way way more than just… “Pretty disturbing”.

but hey… That’s just me

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

And that could be potentially… Attempted murder, attempted manslaughter etc …. 

how you described it would be way way way more than just… “Pretty disturbing”.

but hey… That’s just me

I’d go with disgusting or inhumane.  When I hear disturbing is regards to video, I think violence.  

• Like (+1) 2