Let's Make a Deal (Suggestions for K.A. for 2023)

PerreaultForever

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

And I don’t believe Ullmark on the 22-23 Bruins would be identical to an Ullmark on the 22-23 Sabres. And I don’t believe Ullmark entertained the idea of staying with the Sabres. I think he just wanted out no matter what.

Then KA is an objective idiot because he negotiated with the guy for literal months thinking there was a chance. 

Ullmark was clearly at least open to the idea

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What a ridiculous comparison. 

Hart isn't good, I don't want him that badly. Not badly enough to trade multiple high end assets for. They want a 2nd in 2025, fine sure. 

Again you don't wanna talk about anything other than Hart. You think he's good, I don't. 

Okay, well we disagree on the bolded. No point in going over that again and again. In a few years we will know the answer and which of us is right.

I'd love to discuss other trades for sure. I'd love to hear other people's ideas. Hart was my first because I saw the tweet about him possibly being available.  Besides Saros, who would you trade for and what would you give to get him?

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Then KA is an objective idiot because he negotiated with the guy for literal months thinking there was a chance. 

Ullmark was clearly at least open to the idea

You are correct. KA stated on the morning show on WGR that the contract demands that Ullmark wanted went beyond the contract parameters that the organization established for this player. There were many reports that Ullmark was requiring a longer term and more per annum with the Sabres than with Boston. It was essentially a loser's tax. Our GM said no to the player's contract terms. It's my opinion that the GM made a mistake that ended up probably costing us a playoff spot. Overall, our GM has done a marvelous job. I believe that in this case his inflexibility was costly. 

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I think KA goes the UFA route for a d-man...pretty good list this off season.

Orlov, Klingberg, Severson, Mayfield, Gudas, Graves, Soucy, Gavrikov, and Mikkola.

and Clifton. 

There are decent UFA D men to chose from. Hope he gets one or even two. 

After the Washington game I'd say goaltender is still the #1 priority. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Anyone else think Jokiharu has looked like a borderline-legitimate #4D since Dahlin has been playing hurt?  That does not obviate the need for a better defenceman, but is does mean that I will feel better whenever there is an injury in the top 4.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

Anyone else think Jokiharu has looked like a borderline-legitimate #4D since Dahlin has been playing hurt?  That does not obviate the need for a better defenceman, but is does mean that I will feel better whenever there is an injury in the top 4.

Jokiharju and Power have both been playing their best hockey of the season since this last losing streak ended.  Power had been looking gassed but seems to have a 2nd wind.  

As @dudacek loves to point out, Henri could be a 4.  Personally don't believe he is a 4 but absolutely he could become 1.

Either way, still want a 4 brought in and if they turn out to have 5 guys that legitimately are top 4 guys, well it becomes a lot easier to have Bryson or Clague in the lineup when you're down 2 D-men provided one of those 2 that's out is Stillman or Lyubushkin.

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, Marvin said:

I get what you're saying but "borderline" and "legitimate" seem to sort of cancel each other out. He has looked better than he was, but I would say he's a legitimate 5-6 and a borderline 4. 

Ideally, I'd like to see a better (solid, stable, reliable and preferably physical) partner for Power who would also allow Power to be a little more offensively aggressive and pair Jokiharju in the 3rd pairing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I get what you're saying but "borderline" and "legitimate" seem to sort of cancel each other out. He has looked better than he was, but I would say he's a legitimate 5-6 and a borderline 4. 

Ideally, I'd like to see a better (solid, stable, reliable and preferably physical) partner for Power who would also allow Power to be a little more offensively aggressive and pair Jokiharju in the 3rd pairing. 

I think the challenge is... we need to stop some of the bleeding on PKs.  Some of that is cleaned up with better goaltending, but a lot of that is defensemen.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

So Hart's beaten us twice this year but ya, he's crap. Best we stick with the plan of old men and rookies. 

That is a deliberate, grotesque misrepresentation of people's position.  You owe us all an abject apology.

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I owe nobody anything. Sabres fans are clearly all mentally challenged or insane (myself included). No sane person would put up with this crap for 11 years. 

Your condescension, avoidance of the behavior I mentioned, and lack of respect for me is noted.

FYI: Carter Hart is available.  According to Flyers fans, the price is higher than the one that Adams would not pay for Chychrun.  So even if you are right, getting him is a pipe dream unless Adams gets canned.

• Eyeroll 1

42 minutes ago, OrangeSeatVertigo said:

Let's see what we have in Levi for the remainder of the season and go from there.   This ain't the year but goaltending will be a priority for next year.   Hart will be there in 2 months.  

How about a 2-for-1 deal, they send us Hart and we send them UPL and Comrie!  😉  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.