GDT: Sabres at Toronto 3-13-2023 7:30 start MSG

spndnchz

They play like they did against the Rangers and they will have a solid chance. In this game and for the playoffs. Tuch is back. No question he adds an element that no other current player provides to this team  

Islanders are nervous. They had a nice slump mid-season. The pressures mounting, and they're barely holding onto that last wild card spot. Out of the Sabres, Florida and Ottawa, the Islanders are the worst. Sorokin is their forever MVP 

They better hope the Sabres don't go on a run...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

maybe not as bad as last time. No ROR. 

Good point.  And even if ROR were playing, doubt there's as much emotion for him with it being the NEXT game against his old squad rather than the very 1st one with his new team. 

But really expect getting Tuch into the lineup is going to give the Sabres a lift.  Play like they did against the Rags and good things can happen.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Good point.  And even if ROR were playing, doubt there's as much emotion for him with it being the NEXT game against his old squad rather than the very 1st one with his new team. 

But really expect getting Tuch into the lineup is going to give the Sabres a lift.  Play like they did against the Rags and good things can happen.

God...I hope the Sabres find a way to win this one if for no other reason than to avoid 6 days of text messages from my uncle about how dumb I am for believing in this team. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

They play like they did against the Rangers and they will have a solid chance. In this game and for the playoffs. Tuch is back. No question he adds an element that no other current player provides to this team  

Islanders are nervous. They had a nice slump mid-season. The pressures mounting, and they're barely holding onto that last wild card spot. Out of the Sabres, Florida and Ottawa, the Islanders are the worst. Sorokin is their forever MVP 

They better hope the Sabres don't go on a run...

Playoffs....no playoffs, whatever at this point.  If we can get consistent efforts like we had against NYR and Edmonton I will enter the offseason happy with the progression of this team this year. 

Doesn't hurt that I think if we do happen to get those performances for the next few weeks we can squeak by NYI. There is just enough race track left. 

2 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

It ain't over till it's over 

What I mean by that we have a string of bad games under our belt. One step at a time. Lets just start playing good hockey first. If we can do that, the rest will fall into place as it should.

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Get Tuch back and treat this game like the Heritage Classic last year.

It's not a TNT game, but that shouldn't keep them from setting up another classic Bissonette meltdown.  Let him go home tonight and cry in his Loaf jammies.

Comrie out a good thing in case Granto thought he would go back to him for leaving him in the game at Dallas

Keep Greenway on Top Line and Boost Cozens line with Tuch and Quinn.

Samulesson signing seems premature now with his injury history. Hope we don't regret this.

3pt win for Sabres, owe Toronto from trade and win last time. Greenway is gonna be a problem for Toronto.

7 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

Comrie out a good thing in case Granto thought he would go back to him for leaving him in the game at Dallas

Keep Greenway on Top Line and Boost Cozens line with Tuch and Quinn.

Samulesson signing seems premature now with his injury history. Hope we don't regret this.

It was always needlessly premature. But it didn’t bite them in the ass and him missing some games every year doesn’t bite them in the ass either re: contract value. It’s not a steal, he’s not overpaid, he’s a 4 million dollar player. Good contract. Accurate contract.  

An accurately paid 2nd pair d-man functionally made a top pair guy because they other guy is SO GOOD so as to only need one “flaw*” accounted for by way of which a more limited player *can* successfully provide enough for first pair. Good player ie 2nd pair player made top pair. The “Samuelsson allows Dahlin to..” thing was always backwards. Dahlin IS a 1st pair D, Samuelsson or no. Dahlin allows SAMUELSSON to be a top pair guy, not the other way around 

*see, “not a flaw”

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It was always needlessly premature. But it didn’t bite them in the ass and him missing some games every year doesn’t bite them in the ass either re: contract value. It’s not a steal, he’s not overpaid, he’s a 4 million dollar player. Good contract. Accurate contract.  

An accurately paid 2nd pair d-man functionally made a top pair guy because they other guy is SO GOOD so as to only need one “flaw*” accounted for by way of which a more limited player *can* successfully provide enough for first pair. Good player ie 2nd pair player made top pair. The “Samuelsson allows Dahlin to..” thing was always backwards. Dahlin IS a 1st pair D, Samuelsson or no. Dahlin allows SAMUELSSON to be a top pair guy, not the other way around 

*see, “not a flaw”

Thought he signed for 7/yr

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He’s actually a 925k player this year. $4M starts next season.

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

*see, “not a flaw”

The young whipper-snappers here don't remember Jim Schoenfeld and Mike Ramsey routinely missing the odd game or odd week to recover from blocking a shot or from a cheap shot as payback for a particularly violent check.  With a player such as Samuelsson, missing 10-15 games a season has to be accepted as part of the deal -- which is why the Sabres need more and better defencive depth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

Looks like I’m back from my warning/suspension for “abusive behavior” which I can’t seem to figure out. 

hopefully they’ll win but I doubt it will be tonight. Maybe Wednesday against the Caps since I’ll be there. 

You are not the first person to be penalized without a reasonable explanation. Join the club that I am also a member of.  Life is full of little dings. Don't let the issue linger---just brush it off and keep moving on. 

19 minutes ago, Marvin said:

The young whipper-snappers here don't remember Jim Schoenfeld and Mike Ramsey routinely missing the odd game or odd week to recover from blocking a shot or from a cheap shot as payback for a particularly violent check.  With a player such as Samuelsson, missing 10-15 games a season has to be accepted as part of the deal -- which is why the Sabres need more and better defencive depth.

Agree with the point but Samulesson is no Schoenfeld or Ramsey

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Another 7:30pm start. Will anyone be able to stay up till the end?

Well I am up till 1-2am so I will be up but will I watch more than a Period this time 😂

33 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

Thought he signed for 7/yr

Nah! 4 something 

25 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I don’t remember them either but yup that’s what I’m saying 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.