Tuch should be captain next year

JoeSchmoe

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And Dahlin could write heartfelt ghostwritten letters to the fans without wearing the C as well.  He'll also be fine.  😉

I also think Tuch is the right choice for right now.  I have no doubt that Dahlin will develop into captain material.  I also have no doubt that Tuch doesn’t need to develop into captain material. He’s already there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin has been on the Sabres longer than Tuch.

Yes, but Tuch's been a Sabres fan a lot longer than Dahlin. 

15 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Tuch is a lifer, not sure about Dahlin yet, if he signs long term he gets the C.   

This is actually a pretty good point. I'm not sure it would be wise to give him the C if he's holding out on signing a long term deal. You can promise him the C as part of the negotiation if you want, but it's risky to the whole fragile want to be here culture thing if you give him the C and then he wants out. 

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Does it matter?

No

i want Dahlin to get it as it’s an accolade for my favourite player. 

doesnt matter re: the team as long as it doesn’t go to the absolute WRONG guy 

any true leader leads regardless 

Edited by Thorny

22 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yes, but Tuch's been a Sabres fan a lot longer than Dahlin. 

This is actually a pretty good point. I'm not sure it would be wise to give him the C if he's holding out on signing a long term deal. You can promise him the C as part of the negotiation if you want, but it's risky to the whole fragile want to be here culture thing if you give him the C and then he wants out. 

I know you don't believe anything we see they players actually say or do, but don't you don't think the team has a pretty good sense of whether Dahlin wants to be here or not?

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

If KO returns, how do you strip him of the Captaincy?

IF he returns (not a given) you find out if he's ready to turn over the reins.  If he is, cool, give the C to Tuch.  If he isn't cool with stepping back, then let him keep the letter.  But he's talked about how there are leaders on this team.  My expectation is he'll be cool with stepping back.

Can’t remember the last winger this franchise has had who combines size, strength, skill, character and likability the way Alex Tuch does. 

I was surprised but a little skeptical of how good he was last spring. But he’s been all that and a lot more this season. He’s far better than I ever thought he could be.

My god, did Adams ever make a 5-star meal out of the ***** sandwich that was the Eichel situation.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Can’t remember the last winger this franchise has had who combines size, strength, skill, character and likability the way Alex Tuch does. 

I was surprised but a little skeptical of how good he was last spring. But he’s been all that and a lot more this season. He’s far better than I ever thought he could be.

My god, did Adams ever make a 5-star meal out of the ***** sandwich that was the Eichel situation.

The GM was masterful in handling the trading of the old core (Eichel/Reinhart/Risto). If Levi turns out to be as good as many believe him to be, those three transactions combined will be the impetus for the acceleration in the rebuilding of this roster. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The GM was masterful in handling the trading of the old core (Eichel/Reinhart/Risto). If Levi turns out to be as good as many believe him to be, those three transactions combined will be the impetus for the acceleration in the rebuilding of this roster. 

No. To this point in time those trades have only brought us Tuch and Krebs. The rest remains to be seen. 

We got Power cause we sucked. Thompson, Cozens, Skinner, Dahlin, Jokiharju, Samuelsson, (maybe) Mitts. All JBot. 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

No. To this point in time those trades have only brought us Tuch and Krebs. The rest remains to be seen. 

We got Power cause we sucked. Thompson, Cozens, Skinner, Dahlin, Jokiharju, Samuelsson, (maybe) Mitts. All JBot. 

I'll give him credit for getting a first round pick for Ristolainen no matter what that pick (currently Isak Rosen) turns into--and there's still another pick on the way this summer, too.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Mike Foligno and to a certain extent his son Marcus Foligno.  Did you know that Mike finished his career with the Panthers? That seems so wrong.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You are looking at the trading of the old core with too small of a lens. You need to have a broader perspective.  It's not only about who you got back, although the additions of Tuch and Krebs are a plus. You also have to look at the trade that dealt the old core and how those departures affected the roles of the players who remained. Without question, the dynamic of the team has changed dramatically with multiple players stepping up and filling the vacuum. The Jack team did have a different vibe from this Dahlin/Thompson/Tuch team. In a team sport the internal dynamic is a significant factor in winning. You may have not noticed it but there was and is a change in it for the good. 

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Would you like to revise this after watching the Leafs game?

I kinda doubt anyone that took the time to formulate their opinion in good faith is going to throw it out the window based on...one game. As much as every game around here has to be a referendum on everything, everywhere, all at once 

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

And all SUCKED under Ralph's and JBot's tenure. Absolute coaching malpractice.

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

Take it easy. Too much optimism 'round these parts is toxic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.