Tuch should be captain next year

JoeSchmoe

After the slump since he's been out, my opinion is Tuch has shown his worth. 

Granted I'm not in the dressing room, but the optics are he's one of the team leaders. Couple that with him growing up a Sabres fan from the Sabres home market, I hope to see it.

Love Okposo, but I think his play has declined to the point where it might be better to let him walk. Same goes for Girgs, though he was never really all that effective IMO.

Give an A to Dahlin for sure and then let Donnie figure out who the leader is between Thompson, Cozens, and Skinner. From my couch, I like Cozens.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Granted I'm not in the dressing room, but the optics are he's one of the team leaders. Couple that with him growing up a Sabres fan from the Sabres home market, I hope to see it.

Love Okposo, but I think his play has declined to the point where it might be better to let him walk. Same goes for Girgs, though he was never really all that effective IMO.

Give an A to Dahlin for sure and then let Donnie figure out who the leader is between Thompson, Cozens, and Skinner. From my couch, I like Cozens.

The slump is one thing.  The thing that seals that he should be the captain is that the team has quit in exactly 2 games in the past 2 seasons.  Both came 1 week apart while he was out of the lineup.

And he just does all of the other little things right.  When he became a Sabre, he took the entire team out to dinner.  On RJ night, he was the one that went and grabbed him and brought him out onto the ice.  Little things, but they add up and become the root of bigger things.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Like Tuch as C… Leader, Loves the Sabres, Smart, Good spokesperson, Experienced playoffs…

Would offer Okposo an Asst. Coach job for a season… until the HC job in Cincinnati opens up… if he wants it… If he wants to keep playing, would help him find a spot with MN… if MN wants him… or anywhere else for that matter……

Girgenson still has plenty of game and always plays hard… Would like to keep his example… and keep the A

Dahlin, Skinner, or Cozens as the second A

8 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Not sure why the C was given to our worst offensive player this year. You would think it should be given to someone who can contribute on AND off the ice, not just off

1. He's not out worst offensive player. 

2. Okposo is the heart of that locker room, whether you like that or not. 

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Tuch is a lifer, not sure about Dahlin yet, if he signs long term he gets the C.   

Dahlin has been on the Sabres longer than Tuch.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

Not sure why the C was given to our worst offensive player this year. You would think it should be given to someone who can contribute on AND off the ice, not just off

You are missing a lot on your assessment of Okposso and his relationship to the team and coaches. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Do we have to have a captain? 

Is it important? 

I'd lean towards Tuch, but if it was Dahlin, I'd be fine with that, also 

This argument rears its ugly head every season.  Annual reminder to all (not you), letters don’t lead, people do.  I don’t care if all the players wear a big D on their sweaters, guys who are leaders will lead.  The players and coaches  know who that is and will follow them regardless of letter.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

This argument rears its ugly head every season.  Annual reminder to all (not you), letters don’t lead, people do.  I don’t care if all the players wear a big D on their sweaters, guys who are leaders will lead.  The players and coaches  know who that is and will follow them regardless of letter.  

Very true.  You need more leaders than you have letter wearers.  

Kyle is a really good C for this group. No matter how many goals and points he gets.  

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Rasmus Dahlin will be the Captain next year. Alex Tuch will get an A.

It’s what I would do 

15 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Tuch is a lifer, not sure about Dahlin yet, if he signs long term he gets the C.   

Dahlin has played more games as a Sabre, and will play far more games as a Sabre from here on out 

They had Dahlin write the letter

itll be Dahlin 

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It’s what I would do 

Dahlin has played more games as a Sabre, and will play far more games as a Sabre from here on out 

They had Dahlin write the letter

itll be Dahlin 

It probably will be.  But that doesn't mean that it's the right decision.  IMHO Tuch should be the captain.  But he doesn't need a letter to be a leader of this team.  Adams and Granato will do what they want on this one.

Tuch can go WOOO at the camera w/o the C, he’ll be fine 

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

It probably will be.  But that doesn't mean that it's the right decision.  IMHO Tuch should be the captain.  But he doesn't need a letter to be a leader of this team.  Adams and Granato will do what they want on this one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.