Injury Updates-Not Good

Brawndo

Just now, Quint said:

Maybe I can lobby NHL Director of Player Safety George Parros on that.

That sound you heard was me laughing at the idea that the NHL's DoPS would actually be concerned about the players' safety.

Department of Players Eluding Safety (DoPES) is more like it.

3 hours ago, postseasonblues said:

I'd go with Rocky Farr, but Bromley works too.

Bromley was much better.  In the Stanley Cup season of 1974-75 he started 50 games and finished 26-11-11, with Roger Crozier out sick and injured most of the season, Bromley was a pivotal player.  Farr appeared in 7 games that season, finished 0-1-2.  

Eventually they added Gerry DesJardins at the trade deadline and he took them into the playoffs along with Crozier.  

Farr was gone the next season, Bones Bromley played one game the next season and that was it. .  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

That's convenient.  He has to be looking back at that day he signed with the Sabres and wonder wtf he was thinking.  Durn near nothing has gone right for him this year.

I’ll assume most guys sign for their best offer. Based on that, I doubt most guys regret signing a fully guaranteed contract. 

Edited by kas23
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I’ll assume most guys sign for their best offer. Based on that, I doubt most guys regret signing a fully guaranteed contract. 

Not so sure.  He wanted to finally get a chance to start.  Buffalo gave him the best opportunity at that.  At least until Dahlin drove the forward onto him.  (Pretty sure it was the time Dahlin did it to him that he got injured.  It might've been the other one that broke him.)

34 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not so sure.  He wanted to finally get a chance to start.  Buffalo gave him the best opportunity at that.  At least until Dahlin drove the forward onto him.  (Pretty sure it was the time Dahlin did it to him that he got injured.  It might've been the other one that broke him.)

Maybe Dahlin knew something the rest of us were thinking? 😈 

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Comrie?  Yes, he signed a 2 year deal last summer.

No, Levi has not signed yet.  Not expecting him to do so until it is official that NU won't make the dance.  Hopefully he watches that selection show from the Anchor Bar or Duffs.

Oh I thought you were talking about Levi. That "hello Devon* threw me.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

18 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

I may sound ridiculous, but it almost looked like the Ranger player shot the puck directly at Mule.

I think it deflected of his stick.  I've had that happen before. I was rushing the point and deflected a slap shot right into my throat.  Thankfully it hit slightly lower and off center a bit to hit the collarbone area right at the base.

It was odd because in theory the shoulder pads would protect him but it might have hit between the chest pad and the shoulder pad.. sometimes the damn pucks just miss the pads.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

I think it deflected of his stick.  I've had that happen before. I was rushing the point and deflected a slap shot right into my throat.  Thankfully it hit slightly lower and off center a bit to hit the collarbone area right at the base.

It was odd because in theory the shoulder pads would protect him but it might have hit between the chest pad and the shoulder pad.. sometimes the damn pucks just miss the pads.

No, that puck absolutely hit him in the head.  Went back and rewatched it.  And believe @brawndo is right that it hit him in the cheek.  Originally thought it hit him in the ear, but there was no blood and it looked like it just missed the ear.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Taro T said:

No, that puck absolutely hit him in the head.  Went back and rewatched it.  And believe @brawndo is right that it hit him in the cheek.  Originally thought it hit him in the ear, but there was no blood and it looked like it just missed the ear.

If he is week to week could be a TMJ fracture or mandibular fracture or hematoma (bruise) either way not fun

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

If he is week to week could be a TMJ fracture or mandibular fracture or hematoma (bruise) either way not fun

Really hope for his sake it isn't the TMJ that's messed up.  That can lead to so many secondary issues it isn't even funny.

• Agree 2

On 3/12/2023 at 12:18 PM, Quint said:

Why all hockey players don't wear cages is beyond me. I've been hit in the head with sticks numerous times and tg for the cage. I've seen people get severe eye injuries while wearing a visor. Cages are it. Any wonder why all football players wear cages? And they don't even play with a hard rubber puck.

They look amateurish.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.