Injury Updates-Not Good

Brawndo

23 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Playoffs aside, I am looking forward to a strong finish, over .500 Deluca.   This is going to be difficult given the injuries - Samuelsson week to week means two weeks probably.  

Dahlin has been just way too banged up lately.  The heavy minutes due to poor depth have taken a toll. 

I do not see a Norris at this point, his hope was continue strong overall play to the end, and finish 2nd in points among defenseman.  

Deluca 500, ie, not losing more than you win, will be a tough ask- one behind that mark currently, since the Sabres dominant performance against Winnipeg, the Sabres have played 17 games, winning 6, and losing 11. Coincidently, there are 17 more games remaining. While certainly possible, to finish above Deluca 500 we’d need to win 10 and lose 7

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Quint said:

Why all hockey players don't wear cages is beyond me. I've been hit in the head with sticks numerous times and tg for the cage. I've seen people get severe eye injuries while wearing a visor. Cages are it. Any wonder why all football players wear cages? And they don't even play with a hard rubber puck.

I play pickup with guys in their 60s who still won’t even wear a visor. They say they can’t get used to it. 🙄

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

The only way this Fanbase would call this a successful season  and be ok missing with all the injuries if tage gets 100 with dahlin getting 80+ 

And winning connor bedard lottery 

Tage at 50 goals and 100 pts, and Dahlin at 80 points is nice, but I want the team to improve too.  

I will happy with over .500 winning Ptcg, a positive goal diff,  and to just stay in the race.  If you go down, you go down swinging.  

With 26 and 23 now out it will be very hard to get on a winning streak but we have to put the late season injuries into the conversation.  Which means we need to address depth in the off season. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Quint said:

Why all hockey players don't wear cages is beyond me. I've been hit in the head with sticks numerous times and tg for the cage. I've seen people get severe eye injuries while wearing a visor. Cages are it. Any wonder why all football players wear cages? And they don't even play with a hard rubber puck.

And the best part of all is that even if a player said “hey, I value my face/teeth/eyes, I want to wear a cage”, he wouldn’t be allowed to wear one. 

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

And the best part of all is that even if a player said “hey, I value my face/teeth/eyes, I want to wear a cage”, he wouldn’t be allowed to wear one. 

I think he would need to wear the full face shield, which Pat LaFontaine wore.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did he sign? I missed it,.

Comrie?  Yes, he signed a 2 year deal last summer.

No, Levi has not signed yet.  Not expecting him to do so until it is official that NU won't make the dance.  Hopefully he watches that selection show from the Anchor Bar or Duffs.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.