Devon Levi: Mike Richter Finalist, 2023

LGR4GM

12 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Too many years of dashed hopes for me....I will remain worried until it actually happens (if it does).  I still worry he wants to be a Canadian and will wait a year to do so....join his NE team mate who just signed.

I’m 💯 % certain it’s already in this thread but how many times has a player drafted by the Sabres failed to sign with them?  Cal Peterson and…

“I’m just super grateful that I’m with such a great organization that really cares about me and that is looking out for my best interests and their best interest,” Levi said. “It’s a similar interest where we can both help each other. That partnership feels great and it’s something I’m looking forward to.”

“It was unreal,” he said. “(Development camp) was the best week ever. It was so fun. Everyone there was so nice, the players and the staff. It was great meeting fellow prospects and fellow players who already play in Rochester and Buffalo. It was great to meet everyone and compete with them. It just felt like home being at the rink, meeting and hanging around everyone, whether it was on the ice or off the ice. It was just very homey … I had a really great time and I’m excited for the future.”

—Devon Levi this fall

Hang in there guys

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Too many years of dashed hopes for me....I will remain worried until it actually happens (if it does).  I still worry he wants to be a Canadian and will wait a year to do so....join his NE team mate who just signed.

If playing with teammates is important, why wouldn't he wanna join his WJC teammates here in Buffalo then? 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

If playing with teammates is important, why wouldn't he wanna join his WJC teammates here in Buffalo then? 

Team Canada WJC with Krebs, Cozens and Quinn, Canadian Olympic team with Power.

Weird that the Sabres have started getting better when they started adding a few Canadians 😜

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hank said:

Mo only concern is if Adams wants to slide his ELC a year. 

Levi was born in December '21 so he's considered 22.  22 year olds and 23 year olds sign 2 year ELCs.  The only way to effectively slide a year of his ELC at his age is to not let him play in Buffalo at all this year.

Can't see that happening.  He's effectively going to be on a 1 year ELC starting next season.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I’m 💯 % certain it’s already in this thread but how many times has a player drafted by the Sabres failed to sign with them?  Cal Peterson and…

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Portillo.

Maybe Ryan Johnson as well.  Not sure we can also count Vesey or not....since we traded for his rights and didn't get him under GMTM.

Even the worst GM of all time wouldn’t clear the deck at the position of all relevant talent for 3 years and accept the accompanying poor aptitude for that long, by choice, without being absolutely sure Levi was coming

Adams’ plan literally *is* the Levi timeline. He’s signing. 

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

A Levi Signing seems like an in person photo opportunity type event 

With a 5 part accompanying Sabres embedded series 

not a joke 

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Portillo.

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

Maybe Ryan Johnson as well.  Not sure we can also count Vesey or not....since we traded for his rights and didn't get him under GMTM.

Cal Peterson is the only one I’m aware of as far as drafted college players go.  Those two still haven’t signed elsewhere.  Maybe they will.  Whatever.  But Buffalo fans act like this is an annual thing that’s happened once in 50 years.  

From Friedman this AM

DEVON LEVI

Aiden McDonough is in Vancouver. Jayden Struble is in Montreal. Now, Buffalo fans ask, “Where’s our Northeastern guy?”

Make no mistake, the Sabres have made it very clear they want him in the organization right away. They weren’t thrilled by reports they were interested in adding a goalie prior to the trade deadline, because they’d made it clear to Levi and his advisors there would be a legit route to the NHL if he showed he was ready. 

We’ll see where this goes on Thursday. Levi is thinking it over, and he’s shown he’s not afraid to consider non-traditional pathways. But he’s clearly ready for professional hockey, and the Sabres have Swiped Right for this Tinder Date.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

From Friedman this AM

DEVON LEVI

Aiden McDonough is in Vancouver. Jayden Struble is in Montreal. Now, Buffalo fans ask, “Where’s our Northeastern guy?”

Make no mistake, the Sabres have made it very clear they want him in the organization right away. They weren’t thrilled by reports they were interested in adding a goalie prior to the trade deadline, because they’d made it clear to Levi and his advisors there would be a legit route to the NHL if he showed he was ready. 

We’ll see where this goes on Thursday. Levi is thinking it over, and he’s shown he’s not afraid to consider non-traditional pathways. But he’s clearly ready for professional hockey, and the Sabres have Swiped Right for this Tinder Date.

Can we once just have something go smoothly?

There is no better opportunity for a young goalie in the entire NHL than with the Sabres beginning right now. Levi should sign and get his future going.

(But again, I'm happy to let him wait for the outcome of the Frozen Four selection show because in the very unlikely event that his team makes it as a 15-16 seed... they have no chance without him.)

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.