Devon Levi: Mike Richter Finalist, 2023

LGR4GM

On 3/16/2023 at 7:24 PM, TheAud said:

I am not familiar with the NCAA selection process. Is it an ironclad certainty that they will use PWR that precisely, or is there a judgement aspect as well where sometimes number 15 might not get an invite and number 16 gets in? 

And just to make things even more interesting, another team outside of the top 20 just won their conference and an auto-bid. There’s potentially one more upset on the line. The bubble just got smaller and only the top 14 are getting in, maybe just the top 13. 

Develop. Earn it. Come in take your lumps. Overcome. Get better. And settle into a long career as a solid  starter.

I will never view Levi as a Savior, just like I never viewed Eichel as a savior or Dahlin as a savior or Cozens as a savior.  I view Levi as an important piece to a roster. I personally don’t like putting unreasonable, inflated expectations on one player. Then being let down because of those inflated unrealistic expectations. I hope the young man does well, and develops well. If that happens the rest will take care of itself.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.