Devon Levi: Mike Richter Finalist, 2023

LGR4GM

Just now, Brawndo said:

Hey look! There's that Lane Hutson guy, someone Buffalo could have easily drafted instead of a goalie who's main trait was "big". Good times. 

Yes, I am still pissed at how the Sabres handled the 2nd round of the 2022 draft. 

Anyways... Levi took his team as far as anyone could and leads the NCAA in sv%. He should be the undisputed winner here but we shall see.

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

When would we realistically see him signed? With Comrie out long term we need a 3rd goalie ASAP less we throw off the delicate balance of chemistry on this roster.

Realistically, Sunday or Monday.

Maybe he could catch a ride on the Bruins charter?  ;)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Hey look! There's that Lane Hutson guy, someone Buffalo could have easily drafted instead of a goalie who's main trait was "big". Good times. 

They need to draft a goalie every year.  I don't mind that pick, even with Hutson there.  Maybe the bigger mistake was three centers in the first round (although maybe they can flip one for a goalie or a defenseman.)

• dislike 2

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes, I am still pissed at how the Sabres handled the 2nd round of the 2022 draft. 

Anyways... Levi took his team as far as anyone could and leads the NCAA in sv%. He should be the undisputed winner here but we shall see.

Hutson is talented but at 5’9, 150lbs he has a big hill to climb.

I agree with you that the pick is dicey right now and someone like Luneau or Warren would have been better value.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Hutson is talented but at 5’9, 150lbs he has a big hill to climb.

I agree with you that the pick is dicey right now and someone like Luneau or Warren would have been better value.

He's 5'10" 165lbs but that's neither here nor there. 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

They need to draft a goalie every year.  I don't mind that pick, even with Hutson there.  Maybe the bigger mistake was three centers in the first round (although maybe they can flip one for a goalie or a defenseman.)

The pick is trash and should have never happened. Draft a goalie in the 4th if you need one every year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

I refuse to believe it’s a problem drafting too many centres. 

We have our top 3 D and they are all super young.  Bottom pairing guys can be signed or traded for relatively cheap.  We need to upgrade the bottom 3 D but I don’t get all the concern.  Having said that, GMKA has a busy offseason ahead.  Upgrade D and goaltending.  Our forwards are fine.  

• Like (+1) 2

As much as I want Levi to sign quickly, I don't want him to abandon his team to do it. The Frozen Four selection show is Sunday. I want him ready with pen to paper the instant Northeastern is not selected. However, it should be fairly easy to suss out whether they're an actual bubble team beforehand or not. Is ESPN going to list you on the bubble and ask for a camera feed to your team gathered in room? No? Then I want Levi signing immediately. 

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

They didn’t draft 3 centers to draft 3 centers. We know for a fact that Savoie and Kulich were BPA for them at their respective picks. Östlund is more of 2-way center and was likely a better choice than a random offensive defenseman.

After Nemec and Jiricek there wasn’t a solid 2 way Dman left at 16

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, shrader said:

I can’t imagine there is one, but feel free to play around and find a scenario where NU gets in. 

Backstage at the Frozen Four selection committee, we see some guys chatting quietly.

"So how does this go again?"

"Lung Oisland, Florida, Ottawa, Detroit, Washington, and Pittsburgh said that if we give Northeastern a favourable draw and screw the Sabres, then we all get one million dollars."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Anyone’s anxiety over Levi signing or not at level 2 or above ?

I would have been anxiety free, if his teammate didn’t sign with the Canucks on Monday. 

im probable a 2 out of 10 at the moment , still confident he is signing

we get to the weekend and still no signing ……. Things my ratchet up a notch or two 😬 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I would have been anxiety free, if his teammate didn’t sign with the Canucks on Monday. 

we get to the weekend and still no signing ……. Things my ratchet up a notch or two 😬 

I'm at least a 2. At least.

19 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

No anxiety, but no strong expectations either.  I feel like he’s been a flight risk since last season ended.

26 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

His teammate wouldn't be essentially the only reason NU got into the tournament should it miraculously happen.  The same can't be said of Levi.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.