Devon Levi: Mike Richter Finalist, 2023

LGR4GM

17 hours ago, French Collection said:

Dryden had spent the season in the AHL before his late season stint and playoffs.

It would be awesome if he drew in to a game, won convincingly and stayed in the net.

Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup and Calder Trophy the following season is a pretty high bar.

Time to stop putting unrealistic hopes on the kid, I think… Sign him, give him a handful of NHL games, let him spend some time in Rochester acclimating to the pace and demands of professional hockey… Let KA find a goaltender to join UPL if it’s not Comrie… 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

This whole forum is a small group of less than 10 posters that take every thread and go into rants that don’t even pertain to the original topic. 
It’s the same guys every time. 

Loop Trump GIF

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Derrico said:

When is this guy arriving?  We have no answers in net.  I know he’s not going to step in and save the day but good lord I can’t watch Comrie again.

He should sign when his team is done this season.

Could be any time in the next month depending on how they do in hockey east and frozen four should they make it.

Then likely atleast one year in Rochester unless he just busts out right away. 

So....2025-26 should be his rookie year if he continues to develop as he has.

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Could be any time in the next month depending on how they do in hockey east and frozen four should they make it.

EVERYBODY here needs to be a Providence fan tomorrow night.

Go Friars!  Send Levi home to Buffalo where he belongs.  (At least for this season.  Probably belongs in Ra-cha-cha next year.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

EVERYBODY here needs to be a Providence fan tomorrow night.

Go Friars!  Send Levi home to Buffalo where he belongs.  (At least for this season.  Probably belongs in Ra-cha-cha next year.)

Wouldn't it be something though, if they can make a dramatic run to the frozen four final? 

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

The hype train is really rolling.  Hopefully this isn’t another Eichel situation.

Choo Choo.

Nothing wrong with a little hopium once in a while.

Just don't throw yourself in front of the train if it doesn't work out. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

I want Levi to succeed. But I want that success to start with a 1-0 loss in which the puck that gets past him is deflected off his defenseman's skate. Northeastern is not invited to the Frozen Four tourney. He signs with Buffalo the next day. Buffalo sends UPL down to Rochester for "one day" to give Levi a game. Levi posts a shutout. 

Granato can't keep him out of the lineup.  Levi goes 10-1-1 down the stretch with the Sabres and leads them into the playoffs.

Then, I don't want to get too greedy after that. 16-3 in the playoffs. Maybe?

Who is the last goalie to ever start right after being drafted? Fleury? Price? 

23 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Who is the last goalie to ever start right after being drafted? Fleury? Price? 

I don’t know for sure, but your point is a good one, there aren’t many and it’s been awhile.

This is Levi’s 3rd post-draft season. Carter Hart played 31 games in his D3 year. Spencer Knight played 32 in his, after playing 4 in his D2 year.

They’re the most recent comparables to Levi that I can think of.

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don’t know for sure, but your point is a good one, there aren’t many and it’s been awhile.

This is Levi’s 3rd post-draft season. Carter Hart played 31 games in his D3 year. Spencer Knight played 32 in his, after playing 4 in his D2 year.

They’re the most recent comparables to Levi that I can think of.

I just really hope this dude signs, things would look alot brighter thats for sure.

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

One full year in Roch would have his rookie season ‘24-‘25, no?

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Next week i hope .

Honestly would anyone be shocked if he just took the job when he starts next week

What's the downside?  Ruining him by playing him early?  If he's the one, let him learn from the start like Josh did.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Atleast one would. Two would put him where I think he'll most likely enter the league. 

So KA almost certainly can’t afford to “wait” for Levi under those terms, should they come to pass: that would be KA’s *6th* year as GM lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

So KA almost certainly can’t afford to “wait” for Levi under those terms, should they come to pass: that would be KA’s *6th* year as GM lol

Can't wait or won't wait? 

If all the eggs are in the Levi basket then we're already shelled anyways.

18 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Can't wait or won't wait? 

If all the eggs are in the Levi basket then we're already shelled anyways.

If it’s really 25-26, honestly I’d say “won’t” in addition to “can’t”.

• 23/24 our goal needs to be playoffs. Falling short in what is the 3rd full year of rebuild and 4th year of the GM’s tenure wouldn’t, imo, be acceptable. Ie it would be indicative of a rebuild not going to plan. However, short of something I can’t foresee, something catastrophe, falling short of that goal wouldn’t mean the firing of the GM. 

• 24/25 will be the *4th* full rebuild year and the 5th of Adams tenure. If you are the GM for 5 years (an eternity in pro sports) and haven’t *made the playoffs* in a 50/50 league, at this point firing is absolutely on the table for me. It does not take that long to field a playoff team with any kind of reasonable competence with a timeline that even attempts to respect the fan base 

• 25/26 if this is *really* the year Levi is good to go as a starter, ya, KA could very well not be here to see it if the plan isn’t going well ie the plan in this case clearly needs to take shape BEFORE Levi’s arrival 

KA says he is not standing in the way of the kids and allowing them to earn their spot on the Sabres when they are ready. If Levi is more ready than UPL and Comrie then so be it. Anderson certainly isn't any part of the future unless it involves coaching. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm, but this young man seems to have something special about him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.