Who sits?

dudacek

Extra forward  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your first choice to sit out among the forwards?

• Hinostroza
    • Greenway
    • Jost
    • Okposo
    • Girgensons
    • Peterka
    • Olofsson
    • Someone else
  2. 2. Who do you think Granato will sit?

• Hinostroza
    • Greenway
    • Jost
    • Girgensons
    • Okposo
    • Peterka
    • Olofsson
    • Someone else

We’ve got 13 NHL forwards right now and will have 14 when Tuch gets healthy.

Donnie said on WGR this morning lineup decisions moving forward will be based on winning.

Who are you sitting?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

I know HCDG doesn't want to punish anyone, but after VO's pull away toward center ice after the puck careened off his skate and was late getting back on his man on the GWG, he's got to sit. Tell him he's out the next 2 games, then JJP gets a couple for rest/recharge. Ideally, Hino is the 13F where he belongs, but that's dependent on one of VO/JJP getting back in the goal scorer's column.

(I am a little bit saddened that Skinner stepped out into the slot for the PPG from Thompson last night instead of having it wired home by VO. That could've gotten VO's confidence and jump back in time for the stretch run.)

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We’ve got 13 NHL forwards right now and will have 14 when Tuch gets healthy.

Donnie said on WGR this morning lineup decisions moving forward will be based on winning.

Who are you sitting?

The bolded is great to read.  Wonder if that will also carry over to matchups and deployment?  And if it does, why couldn't it have started yesterday?

Personally, would sit Olofsson, but expect it will be Peterka.

VO and see how he responds. Isn’t that how it is supposed to work.

He either gets back in and works hard, gets out of his funk and helps the team make the playoffs, or he continues this run, gets a permanent pass to the press box and gets traded at the draft.

He must know he’s been s****y.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd sit Peterka.  I did not see last night's game, but have seen most of the recent games.  He has been involved in a lot of scoring opportunities - 2 on 1's, breakaways, scoring chances, and he just isn't able to finish right now.  In tight games against good teams, there are not that many chances to be had.  If he can't finish, we need to play someone who can.  And if you have to choose between two guys who can't finish, I'd go with a guy who is a grinder and/or defensively responsible.  I think that Peterka plays with good energy, but I don't know that he's physically able to grind and battle with NHL veterans at this point in his career.  In other words, if he's not contributing on the scoresheet, he's not helping the team very much.  I do believe, however, that Peterka is an NHL talent and that he will develop into a very good player.  But now is a playoff push, so if he can't help the team while he develops, he needs to sit.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

I'd sit Peterka.  I did not see last night's game, but have seen most of the recent games.  He has been involved in a lot of scoring opportunities - 2 on 1's, breakaways, scoring chances, and he just isn't able to finish right now.  In tight games against good teams, there are not that many chances to be had.  If he can't finish, we need to play someone who can.  And if you have to choose between two guys who can't finish, I'd go with a guy who is a grinder and/or defensively responsible.  I think that Peterka plays with good energy, but I don't know that he's physically able to grind and battle with NHL veterans at this point in his career.  In other words, if he's not contributing on the scoresheet, he's not helping the team very much.

If youre benching guys based on missed chances Cozens and Skinner both had a bushel full last night.

Id sit Olofsson.

Just now, Contempt said:

If youre benching guys based on missed chances Cozens and Skinner both had a bushel full last night.

Id sit Olofsson.

As I said, I didn't see last night's game, but didn't both of those guys score a goal last night?  Plus, even if they missed chances last night, they have consistently capitalized on chances.  I can't remember the last time Peterka did.  Olofsson is clearly streaky and is not on the good side of a streak now, but I do think that he has value on the right side on the PP, even if he is not scoring, he's a threat that draws traffic and opens things up for others.

Just now, msw2112 said:

As I said, I didn't see last night's game, but didn't both of those guys score a goal last night?  Plus, even if they missed chances last night, they have consistently capitalized on chances.  I can't remember the last time Peterka did.  Olofsson is clearly streaky and is not on the good side of a streak now, but I do think that he has value on the right side on the PP, even if he is not scoring, he's a threat that draws traffic and opens things up for others.

My comment re Skinner and cousins was tongue in cheek. Yes they both scored, they both could and in the cafe of Skinner should have scored more.

Olofsson has been invisible and his lack of defense cost them the third goal last night.

Just now, Contempt said:

My comment re Skinner and cousins was tongue in cheek. Yes they both scored, they both could and in the cafe of Skinner should have scored more.

Olofsson has been invisible and his lack of defense cost them the third goal last night.

Fair enough.  My sarcasm meter was on low!  I might feel differently had I seen last night's game.

Greenway isn't sitting.  KA acquired him to play him.

Jost may sit if his injury is still bothering him, but the least productive forwards of late are Olofsson and Peterka.  Vinnie has shown excellent chemistry with Mitts and Cozens since returning from exile and has earned more PT.  JJP has 3 points in his last 20 games w a -8.  VO has no points in his last 10 games with a -10.  Terrible.

Truthfully KO should be on the list as well.  He has 3 points in his last 15 games with a -5.  Not exactly helping the team.  Z has also disappeared with 3 points (all goals) in his last 20 games.  At least he is an even +/-.

VO is the one who should take a seat, but honestly, a rotation based on matchups, performance, and nagging injuries is ok with me. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

What I’d like to try:

Same top 6 we’ve been seeing. Quinn has upped his game playing with Thompson and Skinner, and the second line has been performing well, mitts-Cozens is looking like a strong duo. If they slow down then I might look to replace Vinny, but for now, keep him there. 
For the bottom 6, I really want to see Greenway-Jost together. I don’t like Girgs at center, so that leaves Krebs to center Girgs and Okposo, that line played well earlier in the season. I think Petereka will do better than Oloffson with Jost and Greenway, Oloffson is great if you have someone who can draw attention and leave him open for shots. I don’t see that happening much. I do think Peterka will benefit from being with 2 good forwards that are good in their own end and get some better opportunities with his speed on breakouts. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Greenway isn't sitting.  KA acquired him to play him.

Jost may sit if his injury is still bothering him, but the least productive forwards of late are Olofsson and Peterka.  Vinnie has shown excellent chemistry with Mitts and Cozens since returning from exile and has earned more PT.  JJP has 3 points in his last 20 games w a -8.  VO has no points in his last 10 games with a -10.  Terrible.

Truthfully KO should be on the list as well.  He has 3 points in his last 15 games with a -5.  Not exactly helping the team.  Z has also disappeared with 3 points (all goals) in his last 20 games.  At least he is an even +/-.

VO is the one who should take a seat, but honestly, a rotation based on matchups, performance, and nagging injuries is ok with me. 

There's zero chance they sit the captain, and while I agree he's not bringing much to the table because he's cooked, it at least looks like he's putting forth maximum effort on his shifts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.