First impressions of Jordan Greenway

Quint

10 minutes ago, Contempt said:

First impression? Waste of resources and a roster spot. What is he doing to deserve dressing?

And during the Ralph Kruger years, what was your impression of Thompson? Middlestat? Dahlin?Skinner? What was Alex Tuch like in Vegas compared to what he is now? Jost?

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

And during the Ralph Kruger years, what was your impression of Thompson? Middlestat? Dahlin?Skinner? What was Alex Tuch like in Vegas compared to what he is now? Jost?

How much development should I expect from a 26 year old? How long should I wait? Isnt the question about a first impression not a long term dream?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Contempt said:

How much development should I expect from a 26 year old? How long should I wait? Isnt the question about a first impression not a long term dream?

That’s a good point. You have waited two weeks.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

That’s a good point. You have waited two weeks.

The title of the thread is first impressions. I don't understand what piece of that you're missing. You wanna talk about your long term dream for Jordan Greenway start that thread. As of now he's played 8 games as a Sabre and has been extremely underwhelming in basically every way possible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

The title of the thread is first impressions. I don't understand what piece of that you're missing. You wanna talk about your long term dream for Jordan Greenway start that thread. As of now he's played 8 games as a Sabre and has been extremely underwhelming in basically every way possible.

Waste of a roster spot and doesn’t deserve to dress goes beyond 1st impressions.

When someone says a player is a waste of a roster spot, isn’t the implication that they shouldn’t be on the team? If that’s the case, I’m just wondering who else shouldn’t be on this team given how they played in other circumstances.

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

Waste of a roster spot and doesn’t deserve to dress goes beyond 1st impressions.

When someone says a player is a waste of a roster spot, isn’t the implication that they shouldn’t be on the team? If that’s the case, I’m just wondering who else shouldn’t be on this team given how they played in other circumstances.

For Greenway this play is a continuation of what he did in Minnesota who decided he wasn't worthy of a spot on their team. So far I've seen nothing to indicate that they were wrong to determine that.

As opposed to Jost who was given away by the same team but came in and was at least able to justify his existence on the club in a short period of time indicating that he might be salvageable or at least useful in a specific role.

Edited by Contempt
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/16/2023 at 9:31 AM, Pimlach said:

He was very noticeable on the moribund PK that gave up the tying goal.  In fact, his man scored it.  

Overall he has been ok.  I reserve judgement for now.  I just hope he will  play more aggressively than what we have seen so far.  

I still see a fourth liner, especially when Savoie and Kulich are ready. 

On 3/18/2023 at 2:43 PM, Pimlach said:

Ok another game in.  He did not show any aggression versus the Flyers, a team that sent out their thugs and pushed us around and then laughed us off the rink. 

He stock fell with me in that game.  I sure hope DG isn’t putting the stops on him, or worse, that he is all size but no  willingness to battle for this team.  

Bruins game.  I saw 2 periods. He did nothing noticeable.   Played 14 minutes.  1 SOG, 2 hits.  He played with Tuch and Thompson and he cannot keep up.  At least he wasn’t minus. 

In a game with a fight and several scrums he was once again a no show on the physical stuff.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

You're right, but has he helped? Going into today he's a -5 in 7 games.

I thought he's been very good on the penalty kill, he was always going to be more of a defensive forward, if you were expecting some offensive juggernaught you were always going to be disappointed. He is one of very few players that play well defensively, the fact that he's -5 doesn't mean he's the guy responsible in fact I've liked his defensive game especially on the PK but again just my opinion.

Edited by GoPuckYourself

13 hours ago, Contempt said:

For Greenway this play is a continuation of what he did in Minnesota who decided he wasn't worthy of a spot on their team. So far I've seen nothing to indicate that they were wrong to determine that.

As opposed to Jost who was given away by the same team but came in and was at least able to justify his existence on the club in a short period of time indicating that he might be salvageable or at least useful in a specific role.

There’s some good merit here 

now that I think about it, KA has a good track record for additions, but I feel like the good ones looked good pretty quickly - it’s not unreasonable to be disappointed in what we’ve seen from Greenway in that KA set his own high precedent with Jost

I was a big fan of the signing. However, he hasn't brought anything to this team that helps - I will add at the moment. Hopefully DG can fix him with prolonged practice time and a full preseason. 

On Jost - Is he UFA? has he indicated he will not resign?

14 hours ago, SDS said:

After 8 games my impression is he should sit instead of Jost who sat last game.  He should sit instead of JJP who was playing well and still benched. 

He is in the bottom 3 with Hino and VO.  If VO or Hino plays then sit Greenway. 

I hope DG can coach him up but for now he is not adding enough to help with the long shot playoff chances.  He did nothing against Boston when on the first line.  He does not belong there. 

He is not even hitting on the forecheck and he is not defending teammates.   The PK, one of his fortes, is terrible.  He offers no help that we see.  

Adam’s, speaking of his physical play, said he brings something that we didn’t have.  Where is it?   Can he at least be a physical presence while DG turns him into a 20 goal scorer?  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

I was a big fan of the signing. However, he hasn't brought anything to this team that helps - I will add at the moment. Hopefully DG can fix him with prolonged practice time and a full preseason. 

On Jost - Is he UFA? has he indicated he will not resign?

RFA. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.