How do you access and view Sabre games?

amrupp01

Last fall I contacted Spectrum to complain about the high prices.  My monthly bill had just increased to $230 including Internet and TV.  I had 1 cable box and 1 cable/dvr box.  Channels were just the "regular" channels + 1 tier up (not sure of what they called it) but no premium channels.  Yes I did have MSG so at least that wasn't an issue.  I live within the Buffalo market so my access to streaming apps for Sabres games is limited.

When I called I eventually was connected to their "Customer Care" dept. (I think that's what it's called) and asked them what I could to to help reduce some of the costs.  Eventually I was put into a package where I got rid of the cable and dvr boxes and went to streaming using a Roku (which I had).  I was also given an upgrade to my Spectrum Internet speed to 500mbps down, 25mbps up as well as eDVR.  All this for $142/mo which I thought was a decent price being that it included Internet.  The price has since gone up to $151/mo but that's still an $80/mo savings.  In fact I was so happy I canceled my Verizon account and switched over to Spectrum Mobile which saved me another $30/mo including 2 new Galaxy S22 phones.

Is this a good deal?  No idea but I'm saving over $100/mo from last fall so I'm not complaining.  Just thought I'd share.  YMMV

53 minutes ago, TXSabrefan said:

I live in Dallas.  ESPN+ works for most games.  Also if you have DirectTV they just enabled NHL Center Ice for free - they did for me anyway.

I'm out of market too.  I have Directv and was able to get NHL Center Ice activated back in December for $24.99.  Regular price was $69.99.  I tried to negotiate and get it for free, but I had tried and failed a few times.  For $25, to get all of the games for Dec, Jan, Mar, and Apr (minus 4 or 5 ESPN+/Hulu exclusive ones), it seemed like a reasonable deal.  I also like the fact that I can record to my DVR and watch when it's convenient.  I can't do that with ESPN+ (at least not as easily).  Plus, Directv is giving me $60 off per month on my regular service and I got free NFL Sunday ticket.

Now that Directv has lost the NFL package, I may drop it in a couple of months when all of my discounts run out, so next season will probably be ESPN+.

• Like (+1) 1

If you are in market, you need MSG.

You can get MSG from cable/satellite operators, the only true streaming service that has MSG is FuboTV and yes you get Sabres games as its what I use.

You cannot get TNT from FuboTV, but you can from DirecTV or Spectrum.

You can get ESPN from all of them.

ESPN+ is a standalone service or part of the Disney bundle.  Verizon used to offer a discount on the bundle to its cellular subscribers.

If you are out of market ESPN+ is the best option as you'll get MSG games.  You won't get TNT games as those are national broadcast.  So you'll need TNT if you want all the games.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ROC_exEMT said:

Last fall I contacted Spectrum to complain about the high prices.  My monthly bill had just increased to $230 including Internet and TV.  I had 1 cable box and 1 cable/dvr box.  Channels were just the "regular" channels + 1 tier up (not sure of what they called it) but no premium channels.  Yes I did have MSG so at least that wasn't an issue.  I live within the Buffalo market so my access to streaming apps for Sabres games is limited.

When I called I eventually was connected to their "Customer Care" dept. (I think that's what it's called) and asked them what I could to to help reduce some of the costs.  Eventually I was put into a package where I got rid of the cable and dvr boxes and went to streaming using a Roku (which I had).  I was also given an upgrade to my Spectrum Internet speed to 500mbps down, 25mbps up as well as eDVR.  All this for $142/mo which I thought was a decent price being that it included Internet.  The price has since gone up to $151/mo but that's still an $80/mo savings.  In fact I was so happy I canceled my Verizon account and switched over to Spectrum Mobile which saved me another $30/mo including 2 new Galaxy S22 phones.

Is this a good deal?  No idea but I'm saving over $100/mo from last fall so I'm not complaining.  Just thought I'd share.  YMMV

ROC that's just about my same situation.  Tried DirecTV a while ago and switched back to Spectrum, which has been increasing steadily and this April it will be up to the $230 level you were at.  Really don't want to go back to DirecTV, so likely will see if I can get a Spectrum streaming option or go to HULU and ESPN+.  Thanks everyone for a lot of good info!

First, I turn on the TV about 30 minutes before game time.

Second, while listening to Marty and Duffer rant about something or other I check to make sure the beer is cold or there is enough ice for the whiskey, for my pre game priming cocktails.

Third, I roll in to the living room like a boss after downing a couple of said pre game elixirs.

Fourth, I smile, look at the wife, and remind her it's about to get rowdy in here, then look at the TV and scream....Come On Boys!!!! GO SABRES!!!!!

And that's how I access & view Sabres games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Addendum: I watch games on a tablet.

Srsly bro. No one and I mean no one wants to imagine that. Jebus.

Oh. Tablet. Sorry. Glaucoma's bad today.

3 hours ago, LTS said:

If you are in market, you need MSG.

You can get MSG from cable/satellite operators, the only true streaming service that has MSG is FuboTV and yes you get Sabres games as its what I use.

You cannot get TNT from FuboTV, but you can from DirecTV or Spectrum.

You can get ESPN from all of them.

ESPN+ is a standalone service or part of the Disney bundle.  Verizon used to offer a discount on the bundle to its cellular subscribers.

If you are out of market ESPN+ is the best option as you'll get MSG games.  You won't get TNT games as those are national broadcast.  So you'll need TNT if you want all the games.

Interesting. Thanks. So Fubo if in market has MSG?

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

No no, Fubo is MSG but not TNT, has DirectTV but not ESPN+, you can bundle, some used to offer, but Disney not Verizon whi used to.

So, in conclusion, MSG, DiectTV, ESPN+ for thee, but not also but maybe Disney, Verizon and the bundle tree.

Cool with that?

57 minutes ago, amrupp01 said:

ROC that's just about my same situation.  Tried DirecTV a while ago and switched back to Spectrum, which has been increasing steadily and this April it will be up to the $230 level you were at.  Really don't want to go back to DirecTV, so likely will see if I can get a Spectrum streaming option or go to HULU and ESPN+.  Thanks everyone for a lot of good info!

Can't recall where I saw it but DirectTV sent me correspondence couple weeks ago saying NHL Center Ice was free for remainder of the season.  Watched Saturday's game on it.

50 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

No no, Fubo is MSG but not TNT, has DirectTV but not ESPN+, you can bundle, some used to offer, but Disney not Verizon whi used to.

So, in conclusion, MSG, DiectTV, ESPN+ for thee, but not also but maybe Disney, Verizon and the bundle tree.

Cool with that?

Got it! Not really. I had always heard you couldn't cut cords and still watch Sabres games in market. But LTS seems to be saying you can do so on Fubo.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Yep. I'm in Rochester and have been using Fubo for this purpose the last two years. 

I watch all of the games through a free stream and cast it to my TV. 

I got really sick of the “guess which service the game is on and you don’t have” game. 

I was using FuboTV for a few years, but they kept jacking the prices, and didn’t even have all of the games. 

Is it on MSG? Hulu? ESPN? TNT? Netflix? Disney+? I have no idea, but I always know where I can reliably find the game every time now, and not for $15, $65, or $250 a month. 

13 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I'm out of market too.  I have Directv and was able to get NHL Center Ice activated back in December for $24.99.  Regular price was $69.99.  I tried to negotiate and get it for free, but I had tried and failed a few times.  For $25, to get all of the games for Dec, Jan, Mar, and Apr (minus 4 or 5 ESPN+/Hulu exclusive ones), it seemed like a reasonable deal.  I also like the fact that I can record to my DVR and watch when it's convenient.  I can't do that with ESPN+ (at least not as easily).  Plus, Directv is giving me $60 off per month on my regular service and I got free NFL Sunday ticket.

Now that Directv has lost the NFL package, I may drop it in a couple of months when all of my discounts run out, so next season will probably be ESPN+.

Same situation here in So Cal.  Have had Direct TV for 17 years for the Sunday Ticket.  Center Ice was always an easy add on.  My bill is about $140 but can’t remember the last time I paid for the Ticket.  I like the fact they stream HNIC on Saturdays.  ESPN + streaming as well.  Kids have Disney so the bundle was a relatively cheap option.  Curious how it plays out with the NFL on Youtube and if people like you and I vacate the traditional cable services.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.