Rasmus Asplund traded to Nashville for a 2025 7th Round Pick

Brawndo

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Good luck Asplund

both Bjork and Asplund’s trades are Adams doing good for his players. Something I’d imagine is a positive in player circles. Sort out of the opposite to Quick’s snafu by LA.

Yeah. And now he's in Las Vegas...how u like me now LA?? 

Just now, postseasonblues said:

So they traded him for a Timbit.

A 7th hardly ever turns into anything when you use it in the draft.  But it can be valuable in the offseason or trade deadline when you want a player that CAN contribute and the other team wants 'just something extra'.

Don’t really understand any consternation on this one, personally. If we think we got burned by dealing a Asplund for a 7, we can cool-off by simply dealing one of the 7ths we get, every year for free, for the next Asplund

Then THOSE team’s fans can repeat the cycle etc

Just now, Thorny said:

Don’t really understand any consternation on this one, personally. If we think we got burned by dealing a Asplund for a 7, we can cool-off by simply dealing one of the 7ths we get, every year for free, for the next Asplund

Idk either. I basically stopped caring 5 minutes after it happened. 

36 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Yes, but given his recent play, I think the Kings would be more than happy to face Quick in the playoffs than to have him in their own net.

Probably but I love the spite anyways 

16 minutes ago, postseasonblues said:

So they traded him for a Timbit.

And a medium cold brew

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk either. I basically stopped caring 5 minutes after it happened. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

After what happened 

I care.

No Concept of Asplund? Undaunted, I'll do so anyway!

The disappointing part of the Concept of Asplund is it was a continuing thread with this team of acquiring the smart, somewhat tenacious if not physical, defensive-minded center out of Sweden who looked like a decent prospect. Someone the Red Wings would've drafted back when they had Zetterberg/Franzen.

Trade for Johan Larsson, draft Rasmus Asplund, draft Marcus Davidsson. Honorable mention to Sjodin as a 7th.

Angry Larry has had a fair career, Rasmus the Middle is 4th liner maybe, Davidsson never made it. But none of them made a difference.

That's it. That's all I got for my Remembrance of the Concept of Asplund.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, phil_soisson said:

Maybe so, but at least the Avalanche have won three Cups, including last season's.

They picked up Jost from Minnesota but that's not my point. Every team has players that don't work out relative to their draft position. 

The Sabres decided to cut bait on Asplund and open up a roster spot, but at least they are (recently) savvy enough to grab a guy like Jost for nothing and make him a productive piece of the solution. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Agree w the Brisson thing, but players notice when a guy gets moved because he needs an opportunity.  I think they know who Asplund is--he's a plugger, and the players know the pluggers on their own teams as well as on other teams.  

Agents certainly notice when players such as Bjork and Asplund are moved to teams where they will get playing time in the NHL 

Honestly kind of surprised that Peterka wasn't benched anytime over the last month or so for Asplund 

This team lacks defensive awareness big time and that's something Asplund was exclusively good at 

Anyway, however, moving on hopefully Peterka keeps up this little offensive resurgence he's been on lately (shots, scoring chances) and he did have a nice goal against Columbus. He's still the odd man out right now, though 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TheAud said:

First Risto, now Asplund. 

I'm glad we have Dahlin of course, but Adams needs to look to replenish the Rasmus pipeline via draft or free agency.

Maybe it's like highlander, there can  be only one. And bow he has all the rasmus power for himself.

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.