Forward Jordan Greenway Traded to Buffalo for a 2023 2nd VGK and 2024 5th Round Pick

Brawndo

14 hours ago, Taro T said:

To the bolded, if it were strictly about merit for just next season and not part of a plan for moving forward for the next dozen or so years, expect they would.  But last year, Quinn and Peterka were tearing up the AHL and both only got a cup of coffee in the NHL last year in their D+2 year.  Still believe that was to get their ELC's to slide a 2nd year.

Until Savoie &/or Kulich play a 10th game in the NHL next year will not expect them to do so.  (And again, based upon what Adams says about them moving forward, might change that expectation, but am not ready to do so now.)

You’ve got a really good point there about Quinn and Peterka in AHL in D+2 season

i could see that route for Kulich, he could start on AHL and be the first call up when needed 

Not sure about Savoie; if he was eligible for the AHL then it’s a no-brainer that he starts there 

I’ll guess that he starts the season with the Sabres and they figure it out from there   Really don’t see the point of being in the WHL, except that there may be no other choice   

1 minute ago, Bob Malooga said:

Please. elaborate? He doesn't score goals. He doesn't create them. He"s tried to fight like 7 times and mostly got his ass kicked.

What am I missing? Because whatever it is, certainly is not worth giving the Wild a 2nd round pick to do them a favor since they need cap space.

The Sabres should've been paid to take that contract off the Wild's hands.

Oh, and apparently he takes a lot of penalties.

I talked to my good friend in Minnesota and although it may be a bit of the rolling of the dice, he said injuries and not being utilized properly in the Wild system may contribute a lot to what his performance has been this year. The potential Granato saw in World Juniors seems to be the catalyst of this trade. Personally, I think it is going to work but we probably won't see his potential until next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bob Malooga said:

I love most of Adams' moves and I still trust him, but doing the Wild a favor by giving them a 2nd round pick to take a $3M scrub off their hands? Woof.

Wow.  How yo you really feel?  

18 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

No clue what the advanced stats mean, but this is an interesting point 

This is why they traded for him

6 minutes ago, Bob Malooga said:

Please. elaborate? He doesn't score goals. He doesn't create them. He"s tried to fight like 7 times and mostly got his ass kicked.

What am I missing? Because whatever it is, certainly is not worth giving the Wild a 2nd round pick to do them a favor since they need cap space.

See above. 

18 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Here's more of what he does. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I talked to my good friend in Minnesota and although it may be a bit of the rolling of the dice, he said injuries and not being utilized properly in the Wild system may contribute a lot to what his performance has been this year. The potential Granato saw in World Juniors seems to be the catalyst of this trade. Personally, I think it is going to work but we probably won't see his potential until next season. 

I've been on all sorts of Minnesota Wild boards and comment sections and they couldn't be more ecstatic.

Just because Granato got something out of Thompson (a 1st round pick) at 23-24 years old, doesn't mean he'll get something out of Greenway (a 2nd round pick) at 26-27 years old.

Hope it works out in some way.

9 minutes ago, Bob Malooga said:

Angry I Hate Everyone GIF

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

See above. 

That was nearly 4 years ago...players don't just regain their form they had for one season four years ago.

Just now, Pimlach said:

Angry I Hate Everyone GIF

No, just Jordan Greenway.

8 minutes ago, Bob Malooga said:

I've been on all sorts of Minnesota Wild boards and comment sections and they couldn't be more ecstatic.

Just because Granato got something out of Thompson (a 1st round pick) at 23-24 years old, doesn't mean he'll get something out of Greenway (a 2nd round pick) at 26-27 years old.

There is no better or accurate gauge of a player then on a fan messageboard.😳

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

See above. 

This is what the analytics departments are for. They probably see the same in both Greenway and Stillman. Guys the worked far better in one system (which is closer to ours) and struggled in another system. Granato’s connection with Greenway played a big part but I’m sure Ventura and co. Saw upside in both players if they were used in our system. Time will tell.

18 minutes ago, Bob Malooga said:

That was nearly 4 years ago...players don't just regain their form they had for one season four years ago.

No, just Jordan Greenway.

The 2nd thing is last season so no it isn't. 

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

but a chart with useless numbers that don't mean anything is even better

Just because you don't understand something, that doesn't mean it's useless. 

23 minutes ago, Bob Malooga said:

So you're upset we traded a pick that might be get us a player at Greenways level 4-5 years after this draft? And we will still have 2 higher 2nd round picks in this draft. 

29 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You’ve got a really good point there about Quinn and Peterka in AHL in D+2 season

i could see that route for Kulich, he could start on AHL and be the first call up when needed 

Not sure about Savoie; if he was eligible for the AHL then it’s a no-brainer that he starts there 

I’ll guess that he starts the season with the Sabres and they figure it out from there   Really don’t see the point of being in the WHL, except that there may be no other choice   

One difference with Kulich is that this his second season playing in a men’s league. I predict he is VO replacement opening night this coming season. 

45 minutes ago, Bob Malooga said:

Maybe you should just wait and see how he does before you get mad 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Bob Malooga said:

I'm with you. Improving Greenway at the tail end of his worst season might be a Herculean task. 

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Maybe you should just wait and see how he does before you get mad 

17 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

How can you hate a player when he hasn't even played for the team yet  lol

Trolling.  He will be gone tomorrow to haunt the Bills message boards.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.