New Jersey Devils trade for Timo Meier

LGR4GM

13-piece trades don’t come around very often.

San Jose didn’t get a blue chipper, but they got a lot of red chippers from a deep New Jersey pipeline to add to their own shallow one.

Devils pool more D-heavy than ours, but in terms of raw value, we’d have been looking at something like ~ Rosen, Johnson, Bloom, Hinostroza, a 1st and a 2nd maybe?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Hol' up; is it the 2023 that is conditional, the 2024, both, neither?  It's not adding up between those two tweets.

Pretty sure it is just the '24 that is conditional.  That 1st tweet is the only thing so far indicating that the '23 is conditional.  Besides, there's no way the Devils miss the playoffs this year.

5 minutes ago, Norcal said:

The two firsts tho. The rest of them...who the ***** are they?

Makhamadullin is a recent 1st, Ohutiuk is like will Borgen was as a Sabre, Zetterlund is an older rookie who projects as a 3rd-liner.

The extra Sharks are long shots.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure it is just the '24 that is conditional.  That 1st tweet is the only thing so far indicating that the '23 is conditional.  Besides, there's no way the Devils miss the playoffs this year.

Yeah but the condition doesn't have to be about making the playoffs (and apparently for the 2024 pick it isn't).

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

One of those players is a big Russian D man that was drafted 20th overall in '20.  The rest of them - well maybe @lgr4gm can give some info on.

I have a NJD fan friend who's pretty deep into the team etc. and she is upset about Zetterlund being involved.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yeah but the condition doesn't have to be about making the playoffs (and apparently for the 2024 pick it isn't).

I have a NJD fan friend who's pretty deep into the team etc. and she is upset about Zetterlund being involved.

Don't know anything about Zetterlund other than he's 23, will be an RFA this off-season, and has been about a 0.5 ppg winger.

I think this looks like a lot for NJ to give up.

Two 1sts (if that’s what it really is).

Mukhamadullin is not a some throw in, 21 yr old 6’4” D who can skate, 2020 20th overall pick, who is doing really well in KHL and is probably ready to step into an NHL lineup next season.  He might end up being a stud.

Zetterlund is a 23 yr old good 3rd liner who probably won’t become anything more than that, but that’s useful, and he is still young so you never know.

Edited by Curt

42 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

What a cluster of a trade. SJ gave up as much as they received. I can’t imagine SJ fans are too happy right now. Time will tell how it plays out.

SJ had to do that, due to the number of contracts they had. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Just shows buffalo isn't serious about winning 

Even if you truly believe that the Sabres should make a big move to add a really good player to the lineup, what type player do they need?

The Sabres are the 2nd highest scoring team in the NHL, with more high end forward prospects on the way.  They don’t need to fill a hole at scoring winger.

If they make big move, it should be to add a defender.  They are like 22nd in the NHL in goals allowed and they don’t have much coming in terms of defensive prospects.

So I don’t see how it makes much sense to be upset that they didn’t push all their chips in to acquire Timo Meier.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

56 minutes ago, Taro T said:

One of those players is a big Russian D man that was drafted 20th overall in '20.  The rest of them - well maybe @lgr4gm can give some info on.

200.gif

I don't know the rest. The big Russian I'm vaguely familiar with and Zetterlund I've heard of. 

The rest idk.

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Hol' up; is it the 2023 that is conditional, the 2024, both, neither?  It's not adding up between those two tweets.

The 2023 is technically conditional but Jersey would have to lose every hand and end up 22nd overall. The 2024 is conditioned on Jersey making Eastern Conference finals this year or next.

Amerk watchers should remember the two Russian kids and Zetterlund from last year.

Zetterlund was real noticeable against the Amerks, fast and dangerous, and Ohotiuk caught my eye as mean son-of-of-a-bitch. I think he gave Fitzy a bit of a beating if I remember correctly.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Amerk watchers should remember the two Russian kids and Zetterlund from last year.

Zetterlund was real noticeable against the Amerks, fast and dangerous, and Ohotiuk caught my eye as mean son-of-of-a-bitch. I think he gave Fitzy a bit of a beating if I remember correctly.

Mersch

https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/n264352

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.