GDT: Capitals @ Sabres - Feb. 26, 2023, 1pm, MSG, WGR

Mustache of God

4 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I think he can stay up after the trade deadline, no 23 man roster limit.

True, but who gets benched?  I'm guessing it's not Vinnie.  If they end up in a real playoff push I think JJ might be the bench warmer.  He will be a good one but this year I want players with more experience for the push.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

For today's NHL probably.  He didn't get a fight but did get a double minor for roughing.

Ahh, I was so jacked up watching that I didn't realize it wasn't called a fight. Makes sense now that no one has said anything. League is a bunch of powederpuffs

Just now, Pimlach said:

I am shocked by the number of fans the had today. 

I know, almost looked like Montreal was playing.

2 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

200.gif

YEAH BABY! 

40BE1CF6-DE1B-4818-B826-005DF4B57AFC.jpeg

Wow, 4 games at hand on the Isles too.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

He's slowly.....slowly starting to grow on me. 

Dan's biggest issue is that he's following RJ and those shoes are going to be tough to fill for anyone. My opinion of him changed when I started listening to other games on SiriusXM and realized just how awful other play callers are. I was driving with my buddy listening to the Penguins broadcast and we started making jokes about how we had no idea what was going on. I started paying attention a lot more after that. Dan's better-than-average by quite a bit.

• Like (+1) 3

Quinn meets expectations on FL#1.   Like Mitts as of late but Quinn is clearly third best winger.  Another vet on the left with Cozens and the FL#2 will be something to watch.

UPL sliding into the third slot. 

Vinnie had a sneaky good game.  

JJP needs to watch the next game from the press box.  Not sure Asplund will make that much of a difference but dude has been invisible.  

If all it costs is a third round pick, do not let Jensen get on that flight out west with the Caps.  Keep him in the 716.  Not sure I can watch another Clague and Bryson start.  

15 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Dan said no one would want to fight Krebs in this day and age. Not sure what he meant by that. Is he some kind of Ninja MMA psycho?

It's not the first time I have heard it, either.  (Although I did think it was Ray.)  Whoever it was did use the words "that generation" when referring to Oshie.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Next up, the Blue Jackets....who happen to be leading the Wild 2-0 after 2 periods.  Really important not to look past any opponent.

Very good point.  Columbus will be wanting to erase the last game too.  Can’t blow points 

Just now, RochesterExpat said:

Dan's biggest issue is that he's following RJ and those shoes are going to be tough to fill for anyone. My opinion of him changed when I started listening to other games on SiriusXM and realized just how awful other play callers are. I was driving with my buddy listening to the Penguins broadcast and we started making jokes about how we had no idea what was going on. I started paying attention a lot more after that. Dan's better-than-average by quite a bit.

It’s true. RJ is probably my all time favourite Sabre, full stop 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RochesterExpat said:

He's much easier to listen to than those two clowns in Boston. 

• Agree 2

Though he gave up 4 goals, thought UPL actually played pretty well. Maybe he could've had the 2nd goal, but Jokiharju left Oshie completely open at the side. Not sure how Oshie got so open. UPL should've let Joker know he was there, but he didn't.  Still not sure who that play was on.   But thought that UPL got a little lucky early; Oshie rarely shoots wide and UPL was deep in the net on that 1st odd man rush against and then Ovie shot it more or less into him on the 1st real shot on net.  That got UPL's head into it.  (Still want an upgrade, but did believe that Ukka Pukka Dukka had a pretty good game.)

That drop pass to Power who was going off on a line change.  Yikes!  A buddy of mine has a saying "one ooops wipes out 100 attaboys."  Mittelstadt has to be more aware of the situation there.

That said, when Tuch is back, assuming no other F's are brought in, would really like to see Cozens center Mitts and Quinn.  Expect the 3 could have really good chemistry together.  To keep from making the Krebs line a disaster at that point would give Hinostroza the nod over Peterka in that case.

Back in the playoffs (for at least now).  Hopefully the Jets and Bolts win in regulation and they Sabres will still be in a playoff spot at the end of the day.  (Jets win won't affect whether they're in but how close they are to 7th.)

It’s incredible how streaky VO is. It’s tough to take actually. They need to let him or JJ have a seat up top. 

UPL win total is so skewed. His numbers just don’t support the win column but his offense bails him out a lot. I’d say he’s number 3 right now.

Cozens is a beauty. Love him!!! 

Vinnie that’s how ya do it. And Quinn too. We actually may be just stupid enough to make it in this year. 😯 

Cannot lose to Columbus or it’s a complete waste of some huge wins. They’ll be ready for payback.

Sabres were going full Globetrotters on Ice today

2 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

It’s incredible how streaky VO is. It’s tough to take actually. They need to let him or JJ have a seat up top. 

UPL win total is so skewed. His numbers just don’t support the win column but his offense bails him out a lot. I’d say he’s number 3 right now.

Cozens is a beauty. Love him!!! 

Vinnie that’s how ya do it. And Quinn too. We actually may be just stupid enough to make it in this year. 😯 

Cannot lose to Columbus or it’s a complete waste of some huge wins. They’ll be ready for payback.

I don't think stupid has anything to do with it. I think they are making it in because they are a highly skilled, high scoring, very young up and coming powerhouse of a team.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Sabres were going full Globetrotters on Ice today

I don't think stupid has anything to do with it. I think they are making it in because they are a highly skilled, very young up and coming powerhouse of a team.

It’s a joke fella. 

9 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I dunno...I watch the other teams feed every game and I would probably put the Sabres broadcast maybe 30th out of 32 teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am shocked by the number of fans the had today. 

Think everyone who can go on Tuesday night vs Columbus should 

no way they lose in a full barn. 

plus they deserve the support 

Just now, matter2003 said:

I dunno...I watch the other teams feed every game and I would probably put the Sabres broadcast maybe 30th out of 32 teams.

I’m with you. I’m usually happy when Sportsnet picks up the opposing broadcast 

though I do like Marty and Duffer 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.