Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, sabills said:

I never know what to do with Edmunds. Fans hate him, pundits love him, and I don't know enough about coverages and football tactics to know which is real. I think he did more than people will realize, taking up space in lanes and being a problem for QBs which doesn't always show up in stats or highlights. LB stats are always a little weird anyways; their role means they get a lot of tackles which sound good, but it counts whether the tackle is after 2 yards or 12. Paul Pozluzny lead the league in tackles one year.

I think the story with Edmunds will probably end up being that we'll miss him more than we expected. Whether he's worth the money he got in FA will always be a discussion without a great answer, both here AND in Chicago.

I really like this take.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

elliott Would be a good signing for you guys . 

think he will  Go bananas this year on a one year contract to get the big contract again.

Elliot is absolutely washed. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

The best type of deals are the prove it deals and walk away .

Elliot will make sure he will get another  huge contract

1y deal will not hurt the bills imo 

Cannot disagree more.

He is done. Let him prove it elsewise somewhere else. Like Green Bay, perhaps.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2023 at 9:21 PM, Goldseatsaud said:

Beane adding some pieces which I like. Speed!!!

No choice. Jets and Fins have tons of speed now at WR, RB. Don't know about the Cheaters (Pats) 

Diggs is no slouch but speed started to improve last year with drafting Cook (4.40). Then Hines (4.35) arrives. Now Harty (4.35) and Sherfield (4.46). 

Now the key is for Dorsey to find these guys opportunities to get the ball and run. Cuts down on Josh playing hero ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Looks like you guys got  Hopkins.

If I'm reading Twitter correct He will only go to Buffalo

Is this based off of him posting Bob Marley lyrics and numbskulls speculating that he’s coming to Buffalo?  

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

DeAndre was still elite once he came back from his suspension last year, and that was with guys like McSorley throwing the ball. 

My issue is he is 31. WR fall off the table quickly (AJ Green, Julio Jones).  

I would be unwilling to part with anything substantial for him, unless it is for major cash out like the 10MM man Ed Oliver.  I like Oliver, but not at that price.  

I also wouldn’t offer DeAndre an extension (this year and next year left on his current deal).  He gets to keep his cash and no restructure.  And that assumes Buffalo can even take on his cap hit cuz it is huge. I am not kicking dead cap down the line for this player.  

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I would be unwilling to part with anything substantial for him, unless it is for major cash out like the 10MM man Ed Oliver.  I like Oliver, but not at that price. 

This makes so much sense. If AZ were to take on a bloated deal like Oliver as part of this trade, they would be getting much better draft assets than they otherwise could.

• Like (+1) 1

Every positional group on offense, with the exception of TE, has been addressed to this point in free agency. Unless a blue chip offensive stud falls to us at 27 or Beane feels one is worth trading up to get, then I gotta believe our first pick will be defense, specifically MLB, specifically Jack Campbell if he’s there. He just seems like a McD type of player and we have a huge hole to fill now that Edmunds has left for the Bears. Certainly a lot can happen between now and the draft, but the tea leaves are easy to read at this point.

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Every positional group on offense, with the exception of TE, has been addressed to this point in free agency. Unless a blue chip offensive stud falls to us at 27 or Beane feels one is worth trading up to get, then I gotta believe our first pick will be defense, specifically MLB, specifically Jack Campbell if he’s there. He just seems like a McD type of player and we have a huge hole to fill now that Edmunds has left for the Bears. Certainly a lot can happen between now and the draft, but the tea leaves are easy to read at this point.

I think the Bills need to go WR early. Diggs will turn 30 this season, and that used to be the accepted gold standard of WR drop off.
Gabe Davis is a guy, but probably not a second contract guy. He’s a UFA after next year.

Shakir didn’t show much (somehow he got 275 snaps last year, but only 20 targets/10 catches….so like I said, not much).  Plus the additions of Harty & Sherfield. And that’s it. A potential, but unlikely DeAndre trade doesn’t really fix much beyond the next year or two as well.

The Bills really need to hit on a WR in this draft, and I’m fine if that’s the first pick they make.