Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

Crazy thing is Darnell was the 2nd best tightened on Georgia. He won't around when Buffalo drafts. He's basically a lineman who can run routes and catch. 

39 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Saw some combine highlights . Winner or the physical freak award. Darnell Washington, A TE from Georgia. Bills talked to him. 

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Crazy thing is Darnell was the 2nd best tightened on Georgia. He won't around when Buffalo drafts. He's basically a lineman who can run routes and catch. 

Know all about Brock Bowers.  I get he's probably not being picked by Bills but his workout and physical build was just amazing. His agent is very happy today. 

I have a bad feeling about the Bills lately.  There seems to be negative undercurrents with the team, and there are many facts supporting a roster re-tool is needed to get this program back on track.  

1.  McDermott is still not getting the team over the hump in big games, especially concerning is the play of the defense. 

2.  Leslie Frazier gone, another scapegoat?  After 13 seconds they fired the ST coach.  

3.  Beane's drafts have been less impactful the past few years, this team does not have many All Pro players.  

4.  Daboll is gone and I am still not a fan of Dorsey   Something was happening with Daboll and McD.

5.  The Von Miller signing is looking like it will cost more than than it gives back 

6.  The OL is below average and probably cannot be fixed in one off season.

7.  Diggs wants out.  His arguing with Allen at the end of the Cinci playoff game was childish, something is wrong there. 

8.  We will lose Poyer and Edmunds and more good players with not enough premium picks of free agent dollars to really fill their holes. 

9.  We are in cap trouble, Beane will dance around it and push the problems out to future years, let the next guy worry about it.  

10.  Other than Josh Allen what do we have?  Lets not waste his prime.  

• Agree 2

On 3/5/2023 at 8:43 AM, Buffalonill said:

Will Levis is a weird dude . 

At least you know his weakness when you play him  Just bring some milk.

You're worried about how he will fit in? I'm worried about his psychological disorder.

When it impacts your daily functioning it's no longer quirky.

Edited by Contempt

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I have a bad feeling about the Bills lately. 

So do I.  I actually had a dream about it last night.  Sunset.  There was a balding white dude, kind of looked like Darcy Regier, with a big hand-drawn sign saying "PIMLACH" around his neck--white cardboard, black Sharpie, and tied with hardware-store white string.   He had a Colonel Sanders tie going.  He was delivering a bouquet of dandelions and carrots to McDermott.  McDermott took the carrots and threw away the dandelions, and then began some sort of weird interpretive dance on the sideline and upon the dandelions--empty stadium, not even any players.  And @inkman was selling hot dogs in the empty stands.

Disturbing.  I may have to cut back on the melatonin.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

So do I.  I actually had a dream about it last night.  Sunset.  There was a balding white dude, kind of looked like Darcy Regier, with a big hand-drawn sign saying "PIMLACH" around his neck--white cardboard, black Sharpie, and tied with hardware-store white string.   He had a Colonel Sanders tie going.  He was delivering a bouquet of dandelions and carrots to McDermott.  McDermott took the carrots and threw away the dandelions, and then began some sort of weird interpretive dance on the sideline and upon the dandelions--empty stadium, not even any players.  And @inkman was selling hot dogs in the empty stands.

Disturbing.  I may have to cut back on the melatonin.

Cut back on the mind altering drugs too.  

• Disagree 1

On 3/5/2023 at 8:20 AM, LGR4GM said:

I've been pounding the table for him since the season ended.  At the combine people finally saw in person what I've watched the entire season in Athens.  He is the one guy in this draft who can make everything the Bills want to do on offense better.  I now also doubt he'll be available when we draft, but let's pray other teams find a reason to pass on this unicorn. 

My ideal Bills draft is Washington in the 1st, an interior OL in the second, and a safety in the 3rd.  There are a couple of lesser-known big fast receivers that should be available in the draft in the 4th.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

18 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I've been pounding the table for him since the season ended.  At the combine people finally saw in person what I've watched the entire season in Athens.  He is the one guy in this draft who can make everything the Bills want to do on offense better.  I now also doubt he'll be available when we draft, but let's pray other teams find a reason to pass on this unicorn. 

My ideal Bills draft is Washington in the 1st, an interior OL in the second, and a safety in the 3rd.  There are a couple of lesser-known big fast receivers that should be available in the draft in the 4th.

He’s an impressive athlete. Will he be Gronk or Kelce?  If not, I’m not sure I want to use a 1st on him.  Too many freaks have come out at the TE position, only to be not very good at football.  OJ Howard comes to mind. 

On 3/6/2023 at 4:02 PM, Pimlach said:

I have a bad feeling about the Bills lately.  There seems to be negative undercurrents with the team, and there are many facts supporting a roster re-tool is needed to get this program back on track.  

1.  McDermott is still not getting the team over the hump in big games, especially concerning is the play of the defense. 

2.  Leslie Frazier gone, another scapegoat?  After 13 seconds they fired the ST coach.  

3.  Beane's drafts have been less impactful the past few years, this team does not have many All Pro players.  

4.  Daboll is gone and I am still not a fan of Dorsey   Something was happening with Daboll and McD.

5.  The Von Miller signing is looking like it will cost more than than it gives back 

6.  The OL is below average and probably cannot be fixed in one off season.

7.  Diggs wants out.  His arguing with Allen at the end of the Cinci playoff game was childish, something is wrong there. 

8.  We will lose Poyer and Edmunds and more good players with not enough premium picks of free agent dollars to really fill their holes. 

9.  We are in cap trouble, Beane will dance around it and push the problems out to future years, let the next guy worry about it.  

10.  Other than Josh Allen what do we have?  Lets not waste his prime.  

The iteration of the Bills we will call "the early Allen Bills" has 2 years left to change its story. McDermott grabbing the playcalling reigns is a telling signal, but it doesn't have to be a negative/desperate one. He's good at it, and it's time for the rubber to hit the road. 

No retool or blow-up is possible with the cap situation we are in, a Diggs trade either of the next two seasons is untenable. He will be here 2 more seasons at least. in 2 years, if they haven't made/won a super bowl, things can finally change in a meaningful way. None of this has to spell doom for Allen - Mahomes just won a super bowl in a cap-reset, step-back year. Allen is good enough that he can do it any given year. Last year was not the worst, but not the best, Bills roster he will have around him. 

The OL can be fixed in one offseason - Spencer Brown is a top-percentile athlete at RT and will have his first real offseason to finally figure it out. If he does, your LT, C, and RT are above average, and Bates has shown competence when there is stability around him (ie, when he played LG in 2021). You really just need to find a quality guard and do with Spencer what you've done with Knox, Edmunds, Allen - teach a physical freak with raw tools how to play in the NFL. Check out year 3 for each of those players, and then check out the UFA guards (there are plenty of good ones). It's no guarantee, but the ceiling of the Bills OL next year can be high. 

There is no doubt that the vibes are out there, but vibes don't mean anything, the good ones last summer didn't get us anywhere

On 3/6/2023 at 2:05 PM, That Aud Smell said:

Diggs has reportedly unfollowed the Bills on his Instagram.

He is (still?) following the Cowboys.

I have heard that he does this every summer

but I haven't been fond of his behavior lately

The scenario he apparently pines for does not exist. Your top 3 QB and 150 targets are right here in Buffalo, 3 years in a row. Yeah, you were open, 4 seconds into your route when Josh is already on his 4th progression/running for his life 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/7/2023 at 2:30 PM, inkman said:

He’s an impressive athlete. Will he be Gronk or Kelce?  If not, I’m not sure I want to use a 1st on him.  Too many freaks have come out at the TE position, only to be not very good at football.  OJ Howard comes to mind. 

We don’t need him to be Kelce. His job, at first, will be to block, help protect Josh, lead out runs, free Knox into the pattern, and give Josh an outlet and huge red zone/3rd down target.  Over time he’ll get more involved in the passing game.

6 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Just convince me 13 seconds won’t be the only chance these idiot coaches will ever have at winning us a Super Bowl…because I truly believe that was it.

Easy

The 2021 Bills had loads of problems that everyone forgets. They were 7-6 in December and threw 3 picks in the second to last game before the playoffs. Allen got hot behind a stable o-line. Allen will get hot many more times in his career and in some of them he will have better surroundings than he did for those two brief playoff games 

If 2021 is a year we "should have" won a super bowl then I am unbelievably confident Allen will bring us at least 1 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

We would have still had to beat Cincinnati that year, and sure, they make have not been as good as this year... But, they were still a matchup nightmare for us. They went and Beat KC and could have easily beaten us. 13 seconds still sucks but that only got us to the AFC showdown, no guarantee it would have been a super bowl for us. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Easy

The 2021 Bills had loads of problems that everyone forgets. They were 7-6 in December and threw 3 picks in the second to last game before the playoffs. Allen got hot behind a stable o-line. Allen will get hot many more times in his career and in some of them he will have better surroundings than he did for those two brief playoff games 

If 2021 is a year we "should have" won a super bowl then I am unbelievably confident Allen will bring us at least 1 

Well then, let’s go!!

11 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

We would have still had to beat Cincinnati that year, and sure, they make have not been as good as this year... But, they were still a matchup nightmare for us. They went and Beat KC and could have easily beaten us. 13 seconds still sucks but that only got us to the AFC showdown, no guarantee it would have been a super bowl for us. 

See above…

Edited by CallawaySabres
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Well then, let’s go!!

See above…

Its very easy to feel bad about the Bills right now but things are rarely as bad as they feel and the Bills still have the ingredients to scare anybody any given year, which is all you can control and therefore all you can ask for 

• Like (+1) 3

I am worried also.  I hope Josh continues to work hard on his game in the off-season more than his golf.  Both Diggs and Allen need to "patch things up."  If not I would trade Diggs now.  OL needs some help or a better scheme.  Defensively will go thru some growing pains and need some help with the draft.