Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

Upon retirement, I said goodbye to my Club seats. I can only imagine what they must cost now. Then again, I don't really care. These large screen TV's are game changers for some older folks like me who don't move as well as they used to. 👍 

Beane has a lot of contracts to go over before Vet FA starts. I'll wait for the off-season to run it's course. Too many folks are still hurting and just venting or looking for arguments. Whatever. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Night Train said:

Upon retirement, I said goodbye to my Club seats. I can only imagine what they must cost now. Then again, I don't really care. These large screen TV's are game changers for some older folks like me who don't move as well as they used to. 👍 

Beane has a lot of contracts to go over before Vet FA starts. I'll wait for the off-season to run it's course. Too many folks are still hurting and just venting or looking for arguments. Whatever. 

Football is SO much better on TV than in person.

The exact opposite of hockey.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

47 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Honestly you guys can do better then odell now.

At the time there wasn't  anyone of his skill level. 

But in my opinion there's more high quality free agents now 

He be at the bottom 

There really aren’t that many quality receivers available in free agency. I think they will draft a guy in first couple rounds but I see room for OBJ or even Landry for a year or two.

6 hours ago, Night Train said:

I agree.  Except for me we had season tickets from the time I was 14 years old until I was in my mid-to-late 20s.

I understand people want to go to the games. The tailgating, the energy and the sound of being there.  But for just watching the game, I personally find it better on TV.  After not having been to a game in years, we went to a preseason game a few years ago and got club seats. Even from the club seats, I was suprised at how little I could see compared to on TV.  Most plays, and certainly every running play was just the ball carrier running into a mass of other players and then nothing specific I could see.

Those who love the atmosphere, I get it, I did it for over 10 years.  

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Taro T said:

Football is SO much better on TV than in person.

The exact opposite of hockey.

Well-stated.

There are things you get from the football stadium experience -- many fun things, for sure. But, in terms of comprehending what's actually happening in the game, it can be tough sledding.

That said, with football at the stadium, there are times when you can see a play develop in a way that you can't appreciate on TV. That's when it's akin to watching hockey at the arena. But, many times, you're just left guessing what the down and distance are, whether a player caught the ball, whether a player crossed the goal line, and so on. I've gotten better at it over time. There's part of me that would prefer to watch at home -- especially when it's 35 degrees, windy and snowy/rainy.

• Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Well-stated.

There are things you get from the football stadium experience -- many fun things, for sure. But, in terms of comprehending what's actually happening in the game, it can be tough sledding.

That said, with football at the stadium, there are times when you can see a play develop in a way that you can't appreciate on TV. That's when it's akin to watching hockey at the arena. But, many times, you're just left guessing what the down and distance are, whether a player caught the ball, whether a player crossed the goal line, and so on. I've gotten better at it over time. There's part of me that would prefer to watch at home -- especially when it's 35 degrees, windy and snowy/rainy.

To me it's all about the vantage point. Put me up top. Too low and hockey in person makes as much sense as football.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, tom webster said:

There really aren’t that many quality receivers available in free agency. I think they will draft a guy in first couple rounds but I see room for OBJ or even Landry for a year or two.

There's quite a few that could be under the radar moves for the bills .

If the Packers dont go for him maybe the bills will go for D.J. Chark

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

To me it's all about the vantage point. Put me up top. Too low and hockey in person makes as much sense as football.

We sit in row 5 of the 300 deck at the stadium. And that vantage point is pretty great. But we’re basically lined up on a goal line — so, for certain parts of the field, we can struggle to know what’s happening.

As for hockey, I very much prefer being above the 100-level.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Well-stated.

My issue w/ being in the football stadium is, especially if there are kids sitting behind you, you have the option of staying in your seat not being able to see the entire field because people are standing in front of you (oftentimes wearing hats significantly increasing the quality of their billboard impersonation) but allowing the kids behind you to see some of the field, or saying #### it and standing, not letting the kids see a darn thing.  You also have people walking past pretty much every 5 minutes again disrupting your view.

And the times you get to see the play really develop much better than on TV, such as in the home Cheats game when Allen waived Brown to go downfield & he got an easy touchdown, are relativey few and far between.  Whereas with hockey, you get many opportunities to see things develop watching in the barn that aren't available watching on TV.

Went to a game for the 1st time during the McBeane era, and it was fun, but it literally became a 16 hour event from departure from home to return.  A Sabres game is only 6-9 hours, depending on whether we stop somewhere for dinner.  Far more doable.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I've decided that if the Bills have to keep Frazier, I want them to make him watch the new Patrick Mahomes Disneyland commercial once every hour from now until next Super Bowl.

This is fair.  Also, that would be more minutes watching television than I will spend watching the Bills next year.  Frazier is trash.

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Are you giys really going after  Derek Henry or is that just BS rumors

So far as I can tell, Jeff Darlington on ESPN speculated a trade for Henry to the Bills. It's the equivalent of a fan on a message board throwing out a hypothetical. I don't think there's anything beyond that.

22 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Leslie Frazier taking year off from coaching. It will be interesting to see what they do. Don’t expect radical change in philosophy.

Did not see that coming, but am glad to see they migt finally modify the philosophy.

So, maybe Beane and McDermott can actually see what seemed so obvious to everybody not in the room.

Hope Frazier doesn't have any hidden health issues he needs to deal with and that this is as other have suggested and it is simply the Bills giving him the gentlest jetison possible.