Ryan Reynolds: part of group bidding on Senators

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, Sidc3000 said:

I thought about looking into mint. How’s service? 

I'm in NH and T-Mobile has excellent coverage here. The only negative to using an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) like Mint is when you are in a large crowd, like a Bills game. T-mobile customers get priority access to cell signals. Otherwise it's great.

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the Sens and their arena (that people want replaced) are worth a billion, what are the Sabres worth?

It’s not just the Sens team. It is the land in downtown Ottawa, Lebreton Flats, that will be transformed into an arena and entertainment district. 

Edit: After reading the article it states:

- they would buy the team and arena. They would bulldoze the arena and develop the area in Kanata. The mayor doesn’t want that area left with nothing.

- they would then build a new arena and entertainment district downtown, Lebreton Flats or other area

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The tweet says Canadian Tire Centre is included. Nothing about the Lebreton Flats. Are they all included?

Canadian Tire Centre is in Kanata which is outside of downtown. The idea was to build it out there and then everything would be built up around it. That never happened. There is really nothing wrong with the arena other then being in the middle of nowhere. It is not easy for everyone to get to.

Lebreton Flats is prime downtown real estate that was put up for bid. The Sens won the bid to develop the land into an arena and entertainment district. That was when Melynyk was still alive. I don’t know if they ever bought the land or just won the bid.

I saw the Tragically Hip play their first big concert outside of Kingston on the Lebreton Flats. Canada Day 1988 (maybe 89?) . Big empty field close to downtown. Hard to believe it's still undeveloped land. 

Kanata's a 'burb, not really that far from Ottawa main and a lot of middle class people live out there. It was built there for cars and parking. The Flats would be traffic and parking chaos but I guess they'd be pushing transit use. 

Ryan Reynolds as a front guy for that franchise would be brilliant for them. everybody loves that guy. Next they'll have to get Rob McIlheny to lead a group and buy Philadelphia so they can have a true rivalry 🙂

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I saw the Tragically Hip play their first big concert outside of Kingston on the Lebreton Flats. Canada Day 1988 (maybe 89?) . Big empty field close to downtown. Hard to believe it's still undeveloped land. 

Kanata's a 'burb, not really that far from Ottawa main and a lot of middle class people live out there. It was built there for cars and parking. The Flats would be traffic and parking chaos but I guess they'd be pushing transit use. 

Ryan Reynolds as a front guy for that franchise would be brilliant for them. everybody loves that guy. Next they'll have to get Rob McIlheny to lead a group and buy Philadelphia so they can have a true rivalry 🙂

If we are following this celebrity-part-owner thread, I wonder if Terry would sell a chunk of the Bills and/or Sabres to a group Buffalo celebs? I could see Thurman Thomas being interested in owning part of the Sabres. How about Josh Allen following the trend set by Pat Mahomes of investing in other sports in your town? Then there's Christine Baransky, William Fichner, Wolf Blitzer, John Rzeznik and Robby Takac of the Goo Goo Dolls, even the Griselda crew.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If we are following this celebrity-part-owner thread, I wonder if Terry would sell a chunk of the Bills and/or Sabres to a group Buffalo celebs? I could see Thurman Thomas being interested in owning part of the Sabres. How about Josh Allen following the trend set by Pat Mahomes of investing in other sports in your town? Then there's Christine Baransky, William Fichner, Wolf Blitzer, John Rzeznik and Robby Takac of the Goo Goo Dolls, even the Griselda crew.

None of those people are significant enough or wealthy enough. It'd be laughable.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wolf Blitzer and the “Breaking News Arena”🤣

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sure, but I don't see a name on that list with Ryan Reynolds sort of cache or trendiness. 

Sell it to Elon Musk and let him launch rockets between periods. Kidding of course, but I kind wish he would just sell it to somebody who would keep it there and do something new and exciting. 

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why would the Pegulas want to take on the headache of adding (an) additional owner(s)?  Afawk they don't have cash flow / liquidity issues and the Bills bring in a nice chunk of change every year (as likely do their remaining NG rights).

Flat out don't see what would be in it for them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.