Ryan Reynolds: part of group bidding on Senators

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to Ryan Reynolds: part of group bidding on Senators
5 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Is your google broken?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Star of the Green 2 Guys, a Girl, & a Deadpool.

Pretty sure he's now Welch.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I thought it was the guy from It's Always Sunny.

These don't help.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Honestly weird that you can't take 2 seconds to Google something. 

Gee thanks.

Just now, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Yes.

These don't help.

Gee thanks.

He's a movie star from Vancouver. He's been in a bunch of things but currently plays Deadpool, comic book character is a successful film franchise. He's married to Blake Lively, who's an actor best known for Gossip Girl. They have a bunch of kids and live in NYC where they hang out with Taylor Swift. Reynolds own a soccer club and is a hockey fan. He also is part owner of Mint Mobile. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

He's a movie star from Vancouver. He's been in a bunch of things but currently plays Deadpool, comic book character is a successful film franchise. He's married to Blake Lively, who's an actor best known for Gossip Girl. They have a bunch of kids and live in NYC where they hang out with Taylor Swift. Reynolds own a soccer club and is a hockey fan. He also is part owner of Mint Mobile. 

What football club ?  MLS or European ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Gotcha ... Irish or Scotish beer league, eh.

They're based in Wales.

Pretty sure they play in the 2nd oldest soccer stadium in the world.  They were EPL 20 or so years ago and have worked their way 3 or 4 levels below that since.

They came very close to moving up a level last year, but ended up short.

Just now, Taro T said:

They're based in Wales.

Pretty sure they play in the 2nd oldest soccer stadium in the world.  They were EPL 20 or so years ago and have worked their way 3 or 4 levels below that since.

They came very close to moving up a level last year, but ended up short.

Missed it by *that* much, Chief.

In addition to Deadpool, I liked him in The Hitman's Bodyguard and Free Guy, both fun movies. 

Reynolds is also a partial owner of a Gin company in addition to Mint Mobile. 

Previous to being married to Blake Lively he was married to Scarlett Johansson. So kudos to him for that. 

I hope he's part of the winning group for the Sens. Would potentially bring some great attention and PR to the franchise and the league. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, TheAud said:

In addition to Deadpool, I liked him in The Hitman's Bodyguard and Free Guy, both fun movies. 

Previous to being married to Blake Lively he was married to Scarlett Johansson. So kudos to him for that. 

I hope he's part of the winning group for the Sens. Would potentially bring some great attention and PR to the franchise and the league. 

He got his break in 2 Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place (pizza joint? pizzeria?).  He also was the Green Lantern in another of a long line of bad DC movies.  (If Batman isn't in it, there's a really good chance it'll be bad if it's from DC.)

The gin company is Aviator.

Edited by Taro T
Chance, not change
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, TheAud said:

NHL wants him involved, he was courted by multiple groups.

His Wrexham team has gotten a lot of attention from his involvement. I believe they have a reality show based on the team.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He got his break in 2 Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place (pizza joint? pizzeria?).  He also was the Green Lantern in another of a long line of bad DC movies.  (If Batman isn't in it, there's a really good change it'll be bad if it's from DC.)

I always find it funny when he openly talks about how bad Green Lantern was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Wrexham have never been in the top tier. They were an abysmally badly run team that peaked in 1978 at what is now the championship before disappearing out of league football due to financial mismanagement.

Are they better since Reynolds got involved? 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Are they better since Reynolds got involved? 

They've certainly got exposure now!!They are technically in non league football at the moment. But pretty likely to get promoted to the e glish league. I'm guessing g that if they are run competently rheu could be a championship team in 5 or 6 years.

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

He got his break in 2 Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place (pizza joint? pizzeria?).  He also was the Green Lantern in another of a long line of bad DC movies.  (If Batman isn't in it, there's a really good chance it'll be bad if it's from DC.)

He sold the gin brand for 610 million $ to one of the big established brands. 

Edited by bunomatic
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.