The Jeff Skinner Contract - Revisited

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

They are in the we should be in the playoffs zone.

Agree. Has the discussion not shifted now to how we go from good to great? If not, my mistake. I thought we were there, though. I think we are good. 

My post specifically said “after our first playoff series”. That’s kinda my point: 12 / 32 is great (I mean this) relative to wanting to be a playoff team (which is all I really want right now, yes), but 12/16 isn’t very good when we start measuring ourselves against the upper tier by choice 

The aim is an interesting discussion of how we might end up stylistically (and somewhat through overall ability) altering the makeup of the F group in the next little while, to go from good to great on that front. 

Edited by Thorny

39 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Agree. Has the discussion not shifted now to how we go from good to great? If not, my mistake. I thought we were there, though. I think we are good. 

My post specifically said “after our first playoff series”. That’s kinda my point: 12 / 32 is great (I mean this) relative to wanting to be a playoff team (which is all I really want right now, yes), but 12/16 isn’t very good when we start measuring ourselves against the upper tier by choice 

The aim is an interesting discussion of how we might end up stylistically (and somewhat through overall ability) altering the makeup of the F group in the next little while, to go from good to great on that front. 

Just think where we'd be if we had good goaltending and a better 3rd pairing.  I suspect we'd give up less than 3.4 goals a game and have a different near 30.  Yes the forwards need to take some responsibility for it, but it seems this system relies on D moving the puck up quickly and I don't think we get that enough from Bryson/Bush.

Not that this really has anything to do with Skinner's contract.  Well maybe it does, he is still lousy in the D Zone. (An improvement from G-D awful, but still an improvement.)

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Quint said:

Some brain-damaged fun with Jeff.

High school sophomores everywhere are up in arms over Jeff's portrayal of the the first interview they ever did for the school newspaper, even though he's spot on.

If Monty Python ever gets recreated on this side of the pond, Jeff will be an original cast member.

10 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

I mean, for those not familiar with “Between Two Ferns” it’s… a wholesale ripoff of that, but still funny, I suppose.  

There is always that one dude that insists on throwing the turd in the punchbowl and ruins the party, eh.

(insert winkie thingie here)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

In all fairness I throw far less poo than unused to, so maybe lemme have this one… 

Back on topic: Jeff Skinner is, in fact, fine.  

You bet.  Did you scroll all the way to the end of my post.  You're good and I was jsut horsin' around.

And your second point is spot on.

Skinner has made more nifty passes this season that I have seen since he joined the team. Sometimes I feel that he is over passing. 

What's apparent is that his teammates not only like him but are also amused by him. He may be the best chirper in the league. He irritates the opposition and is embraced by his mates on the bench. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.